News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS RA Dates for 2004?

Started by PJ, October 09, 2003, 08:53:01 AM

PJ

Anyone have any idea what the CCS Road America dates for next season will be?

I'm trying to figure out my long term work schedule and don't want to miss out on the best track in my back yard...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

EX#996

I've heard grumblings that we would only be there in the spring and then I have heard that we won't be there at all.  It's all a $$$ issue.

I hope we go back, that's our closest track and Paul loves it.

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Mark Bernard

QuoteAnyone have any idea what the CCS Road America dates for next season will be?

I'm trying to figure out my long term work schedule and don't want to miss out on the best track in my back yard...
I am doing the same with my work schedule also. Yes it would be nice to know one way or the other. Any ideas on when the 2004 schedule will be out.... anyone? Tiff... help us out baby!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

StumpysWife

CCS is NOT listed on the Road America site for 2004 dates...yet.  Hopefully we'll at least get to go there in the spring.  I imagine the FUSA competitors might have missed it this year.  

We're going to NESBA this weekend there...YAY!  But no camping...booooo.

Heather

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteI imagine the FUSA competitors might have missed it this year.

But instead we went to Heartland Park when it was 100* and luckily not Road America where it was 78* that same weekend! :o

Don't get me wrong, I like Heartland Park, but at that time of the season it would make more sense to be at a northern track where it's not as hot. Road America's park like setting helps to keep things somewhat cooler during the hot summer months with all the trees and shade available and the long fast layout helps to keep you cooler also. I think Heartland Park (which is like a big paved frying pan  :o) would be better utilized as one of the 1st races of the year like it use to be, and possibly again in middle September.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

dylanfan53

Yeah, but I race in the Great Lakes region and Kansas is definitely closer to the Great Lakes than...oh wait a minute...
Someone at CCS HQ must be looking at a different map. >:(
Heck, the only reason I ran CCS instead of W@RA was because of the two RA dates.  I viewed the schedule change as dishonest and I was not happy.
I haven't complained about it because others did.  It appears no one listened.  
So, I'm one of those quiet guys that will vote with my feet and I'll probably go W@RA next season.  I'm sure as hell not going to be able to take time off work and family to hike all the way to Kansas.
Too bad, I had a great time with the racing peeps in the MW region.

Don Cook
CCS #53

ecumike

Searching the site.. last year, the 2003 'tentative' schedule came out Dec. 7 -> http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=4838

Super Dave

RA has raised its rates through the roof.  I believe the best CCS/FUSA could have done there would have been a $40k plus loss.  Really not acceptable.  Want higher entry fees next year?  That would do it, substantially.

I did hear a rumor that there will be no RA dates for CCS.
Super Dave

Mark Bernard

QuoteI did hear a rumor that there will be no RA dates for CCS.

>:( :( ??? :'( ...sniff...sniff!!!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

K3 Chris Onwiler

Now if Great Lakes Region ran at Blackhawk, Gingerman, Grattan, Putnam Park and that new track in Pennsylvania, I'd be a very happy man.  Topeka, Birmingham and Omaha are at least three tanks of gas away from the nearest great lake, so I think that going there is a bit excessive.  Am I the only one?  Maybe we could start an E mail campaign.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super_KC124

QuoteNow if Great Lakes Region ran at Blackhawk, Gingerman, Grattan, Putnam Park and that new track in Pennsylvania, I'd be a very happy man.  Topeka, Birmingham and Omaha are at least three tanks of gas away from the nearest great lake, so I think that going there is a bit excessive.  Am I the only one?  Maybe we could start an E mail campaign.
Count me in! People weren't to upset about Barber because they wanted to race there. Hey, it doesn't have to be in your region to race there if you want. Just don't make racers going for points travel 1500 miles!  >:(

dylanfan53

Quote Want higher entry fees next year?  That would do it, substantially.

I did hear a rumor that there will be no RA dates for CCS.
Yeah, but...consider the cost of missing at least one extra day of work, if not two, as well as travel expenses, lodging, gas, etc. and you'd probably be better off with the higher entry fees of RA, not to mention that it's a better facility.
Uh oh...rant coming on...
What bothers me is that someone, somewhere jerked us around.  Did CCS not work out the financial arrangements with RA before last season?   Did Ra reneg?  Didn't CCS have a contract and, if not, why didn't they take care of business six months before the event?  These schedules and committments were worked out long in advance, weren't they?  Whether it was RA or CCS or the owner of BHF that just happens to also own Heartland I don't know and never will.  I'm not an insider to these arrangements.  I'm just a regular guy being misled and in this case I, along with many others, am the "jerkee".   I forgive mistakes.  I forgive people that bump me off the track.
But I really dislike being jerked around.
BTW, none of the track day schools cancelled their dates at RA this summer.  Did they have to pony up extra money for track rental?  Why didn't they all just go to Kansas?
I suppose I should have gotten this all out of my system last summer...rant off.
Oh and one more thing, I'm not using any of those stupid smiley face things to lighten the moment.
So there.
Ok, just one.  :P
Don Cook
CCS #53