Does anyone miss the old Team Chalenge?

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, October 03, 2003, 10:01:07 AM

K3 Chris Onwiler

Remember when we had a regional team challenge?  Endurance racing is the best seat time per $ in racing.  The Hustlers are looking at WERA endurance for that reason, because CCS hasn't got what we want.  Our team has entered as many TCs as we could afford.  Last year we also entered a 4 hour race at Hallett during a combined CCS/CMRA event.  That was so much fun!  This year I ran 16 rounds in 3 regions, but only got to run the team challenge at FUSA rounds.  Is the regional team challenge something that CCS should bring back?  How many of you would compete if it came back?  Now is the time to send our suggestions to CCS for 2004, so what do you all think?
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

Well, CCS gave it a couple of seasons.  2001 and 2002.  Few teams entered.  Purses were decent, but contingency was completely lacking.

It's a lot of time to take up during an event to try and recover the lost revenue that about three hours of racing has.

I enjoyed it while it lasted.

I like having it at FUSA rounds.  Would you want more than that?  WERA runs theirs on the bigger events.  I think CMRA has them, like, all the time.  It's just the way the "Texas" market has always been.
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

Personally, I would run CMRA as my regular club if it wasn't on the other end of the country...  I really liked the way they do things.  Given a choice, I would run endurance with my teammates every Saturday, then see if I still had a bike to enter in the sprints come Sunday.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

Thingy

Amen Brotha's

I miss the old Team Challenges.  I have entered all the TCs that CCS has held.  I believe I heard that the entries were OK in the Midwest, just not the other regions.

K3, I also raced the endurance race at Hallett last year.  It was a blast.  Too bad you were not there the year before.  We ran it the other direction.  :o  Now that was fun.  I will be at Hallett next year as well.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

Did you guys run the Team Challenge's with the FUSA races?
Super Dave

EM JAY

I wish I was cool enough to have a team.  :'(
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Super Dave

Dude, you're part of MY team... So are the other guys responding to this.  

You were in the club all along and you didn't know it.... 8)
Super Dave

tigerblade

I'd love to do some endurance (trying to get in better shape for next year!).  My racing buddy done moved to Mississippi though!  ::)   :-/
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

tcchin

I really miss the old-format regional Team Challenge. Even though we weren't very competitive (we were all amateurs and there was no scoring distinction between amateurs and experts), we were consistent and our machine was reliable, so we finished reasonably well. The most fun, though, was the team environment. Too bad the Pacific and Southwest races were run so poorly - we never had a race start on time (stinking sidecars!), so we never had one go the entire 200 miles.

I would love to do another one if they ever get restructured back into a regional format.

K3 Chris Onwiler

I agree.  The camaradery was the main draw of the team challenge.  Two or three best buds trying to destroy the same motorcycle...  I ran the FUSA version this year, or at least tried to.  Our bike blew up on lap 1 at MAM, and the race at Heartland Park was so shortened that I didn't get my turn.

You don't need a team.  All you need is a buddy or two and a bike.  Very cool.

motomadness

I'm for the old format.  It was kind of cool to hear about the Gingerman 250k, or the Gateway 200 ...

If held annually, they would be like the privateers' Daytona 200.

I am all for it.

Super Dave

Yeah, but Daytona is ran with one rider.

Almost did that at MAM in 2002.... 8)
Super Dave