IKE ???????

Started by smoke, October 01, 2003, 11:42:27 AM

Chef

maybe a gixxer 750  ;D
you got any extra 750's ???

my bike is just about ready, and im looking into borrowing an f4i just incase... maybe a zx6 02'...
ive been turned..
I'm just a dreamer... like that bill

70's, early saturday morning.....
" I'm just a bill.....
      up on capitol hill "

gets boring workin 4 to midnites...

:-/
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

smoke

StuartV666

QuoteHas anyone heard how Stu is doing?

Dawn  

Hey Dawn,

Thanks for thinking of me!

Ike, I didn't get any email from you. Sorry, dude. I would have responded... BTW, I finally got my trailer unloaded last week and it turns out I somehow ended up with your tailsection. I don't know why anybody would put a tailsection that has a big 40 on it in my trailer, but they did... It's not in too bad shape, either. You want it back?

As for how I'm doing, well, I started walking this week! Woooo hoooo!! Wheel chairs suck! And crutches actually suck worse!! I got cleared this past Monday by my doctor to start putting full weight on my leg. Everything else (ribs, lung, wrist and collarbone) is already good to go. Well, the collarbone (which turned out to be in 4 pieces) will still twinge if I move it just right, but I can sleep on my right side, so it really is pretty good.

Walking is a term I have to use loosely, right now. I *can* gimp around with no help, but I really have to use 1 crutch for now to really go anywhere. I can stand on it with no pain, but anything that puts any torque on the lower leg causes a sharp pain in my knee where they put the screws in. Walking generally does that on a regular basis without the crutch.

The muscle damage in my leg is still there. I still cannot tilt my foot up at all. I can press down with it and turn it side-to-side, just no lift. The doc will look at it again in 3 more weeks, but right now he's expecting I'll need another surgery to relocate some tendons to help out with that. We'll see.

Thanks to all that have kept me in your thoughts. I don't know yet if I'll be at Daytona. There's a bunch of you I'd love to see, but it's a healthy drive and a chunk of money just to "suffer" through watching the races I was hoping to be in (winning? ha!). If I don't make it, I'll see you in the Spring!

- Stu

tigerblade

Stu,

Glad you're on the road to recovery.  Rehab sucks but hang in there!

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

CCS243

Stu,

Glad to hear you are "gimping" around.  Thats a lot of progress in a fairly short time.  I do hope you make it to Daytona, but only if you bring that wonderful lady with you.

Photo_Chick

Stu, glad to hear you are still kicking so to speak.  You can always come to the GNF and hang with us.  I am so thankful that both you and Ike are ok.  Bodies mend, it may take time but they do.  I can't wait to see you on the track again.  Your next CD is on the house!  Yours too Ike....

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quotemaybe a gixxer 750  ;D
you got any extra 750's ???

my bike is just about ready, and im looking into borrowing an f4i just incase... maybe a zx6 02'...
ive been turned.. :-/

My '96 750 is all apart right now and I am going to be racing my '02 750 at Daytona, but I will be bringing my 600 along for 'just in case' reasons. The problem with you riding my bike is that the suspension is set for my weight and that's about half again what you weigh! :o ;D I have a feeling that it wouldn't be too fun (or controlable) for you to race with it being that oversprung, and I couldn't stand to see ya on the ground again, especially if it was due to my bikes handling with you racing it!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Chef

QuoteIke,  I don't know why anybody would put a tailsection that has a big 40 on it in my trailer, but they did... It's not in too bad shape, either. You want it back?

- Stu

Yeah, I'll take my trash back...
If you know someone going to daytona, you can send it, or maybe i could stop by, if it's on the way, or.. maybe i can go ahead and send some shippng fee's to you and an addy...
we'll work out somethin...
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Chef

Quote     I will be bringing my 600 along for 'just in case' reasons. The problem with you riding my bike is that the suspension is set for my weight and that's about half again what you weigh! :o ;D  

Hey Mike,
actully I dont look it, but im 190 lbs... anyway, I'll "beg you up" if i feel the need... ;)
Thanks tho.... I will be tryin to tweak susp in practice, but my big deal is "end of season vacation" we need the time away and the fun!  no problem...
the  Honda should do ok... we just wanna enjoy "DAYTONA"....

Oh, Thanks Again Vickie !!!

And

Keep up the Progress STU!!!....