News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New VP Fuel!!!

Started by GAMEDIC, September 30, 2003, 11:53:59 AM

GAMEDIC

There is a new VP Fuel out for 2-stroke machines. It is called Ultimate 2. For more information, go to www.vpracingfuels.com. It is not yet listed on the preorder form on my website so if you need to order a drum send me an email.

Thanks!

GAMEDIC

I apologize, I didn't realize that they hadn't posted the spec sheet.

specifric gravity: .717 @ 60 degrees F
Lead: 4.25 g/gal
Color: Clear
RON: 105.8
MON: 100.9
RVP: 8.54

Oxygen content: 8.5%

Oxidation stability (min): 1440+

Price/drum (same as U4):

5 gal - $45
15 gal - $135

Let me know if you need any further information.

throttle

Is this legal for super sport?

Gumby647

What would happen if you used this stuff in a four stroke? Lets say it had a big piston with high compression and you were worried about detonation with Ultimate 4.  

WebCrush

QuoteWhat would happen if you used this stuff in a four stroke? Lets say it had a big piston with high compression and you were worried about detonation with Ultimate 4.  

in that scenario wouldn't MR-1 or MRX01 be more suitable?

Gumby647

WebCrush

True, dat is cheaper but its gotta be for a reason.  Why would VP make a fuel which would canabalize their 4 stroke fuel sales?

GAMEDIC

It is intended for 2 strokes ... kinda like the deal with why they came out with U4 MRX01 costs more and this is kinda like that...but you can get it cheaper

mmills416

I believe that the MRXO1 is a higher octane MR 1.  The cost is way higher than the ultimate 4 and 2 because it is cleaner and more importantly it's AMA legal.  You should check with your Area VP dealer for the most accuate info.  The right fuel for your bike could be the difference between winning and lossing.

Baltobuell

Or winning and losing an engine

mmills416

Super Dave

Looks like a fuel for MX bikes.  Pretty low MON for a two stroke road racer.

Legal?

No way in CCS.  With the High Desert Engineering meter reading that CCS uses for their rules, no oxygenated racing fuel is legal.  Unleaded gas from the pump is illegal.

C11 and C12 are probably legal under CCS's rules for fuel.  

Do they enforce it?  No, but if they did at Daytona?
Super Dave