News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

9/11

Started by Super Dave, September 11, 2003, 06:26:02 AM

Super Dave

Indeed, I dressed my two boys in red, white, and blue for "Patriot Day" that they are celebrating today at school.  

Two years ago, my son Alex was just starting Kindergarten.  Imagine my surprise when I got home to see what was happening.  

I pray for the families of those who lost loved one's or had injuries due to the wreckless and malicious ideas that were executed by the hijackers and their supporters.  

And I pray for those that leave their families to seek those people out to bring them to justice.  The road is long, and it is hard.  For the sake of our children, we must not fail, we must not falter.

The problems in Iraq will not be easy.  But the early days of the United States were not either.  It took nearly ten years before we had the Constitution of the United States in place.  Hence, the progress that has been made in Iraq is outstanding.

God Bless America.

Super Dave

Dawn

QuoteIndeed, I dressed my two boys in red, white, and blue for "Patriot Day" that they are celebrating today at school.  

I pray for the families of those who lost loved one's or had injuries due to the wreckless and malicious ideas that were executed by the hijackers and their supporters.  

And I pray for those that leave their families to seek those people out to bring them to justice.  The road is long, and it is hard.  For the sake of our children, we must not fail, we must not falter.

God Bless America.

Thank you Dave....

Renee also went to school today wearing the flag.  This was her idea, she picked out the clothes (good kid  ;))

Wonderful prayer, mind if I share?

Dawn  

Super Dave

QuoteWonderful prayer, mind if I share?

No, please...
Super Dave

tigerblade

I was just coming back to my hospital room from x-ray on my heel when the first plane had hit.  How in the world could that happen?  Then the second plane hit and it sunk in that it wasn't an accident.  All we could do is watch it unfold.  A very surreal day.

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

StumpysWife

It's so strange, but on more than one occasion I'll be sitting at the track in our pit watching Stump work on the bike or whatever and just think about what else is going on in the world--and how fortunate that my family is just to be able to put 110% into freakin' racing while so many others are trying to make it through the day without being killed.  It's just amazing.  

For some reason when I'm at the track, I have a heightened awareness of this and am constantly reminded that I'm blessed to be able to devote days upon days to fun stuff and not survival.    

I do thank God everyday for all I have.  I just want to make the most of everything.

Heather

Super Dave

QuoteThen the second plane hit and it sunk in that it wasn't an accident.  All we could do is watch it unfold.  A very surreal day.

I'm an AM radio freak.  I love news.

I had dropped Alex off at school.  John and I got back in my van to head back home for a while.  Needless to say, I watched the second plane hit live on Goodmorning America.  Watch a lot of it again today.

Yes, Heather, we are blessed.  I guess as a part of that blessing, sometimes we need to sacrifice so that others may have that blessing.  Hence, Iraq and Afganistan.

WMD not found?  Since 1991, UN sanctions were imposed on Iraq for WMD.  I wish some people would wake up on some of these issues.  
Super Dave

tug296

Deep feelings for the Familys of those lost on that day.
My wife and I went to New York City July 4th. 2003, went to Ground Zero. We could still smell the aftermath of the destruction. All I could think about was the animals that did this are burning in hell. They have a dirt floor to live on, and that's what they want us to live on.
 Thank God our Country is going after the enemy. Our Armed Forces are now in one of the centers of evil and doing the business that must be done.

I can't believe the way that the Democratic candidates running for President, are attacking the President, I have never heard such hatred spewed forth. How do these people sleep at night?
 In my opinion it's it's treasonous and giving comfort to the enemy, UNBELIEVABLE!!
What is this, a world wide conspiricy against the President of the United States because he is Republican? Very Angry when I here this crap.

It's a new world now and we're doing what needs to be done . I will never forget 9-11.
 I remain a Proud Angry American.
 Thanks for giving a place to vent.

H. #296
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Super Dave

QuoteI can't believe the way that the Democratic candidates running for President, are attacking the President, I have never heard such hatred spewed forth.

It's a new world now and we're doing what needs to be done . I will never forget 9-11.
 I remain a Proud Angry American.
 Thanks for giving a place to vent.

H. #296

Um, yeah, I'm wondering where they sleep at night.  I'm sure it's under the warmth and cover of the US Armed Forces and their local police.  

If you wanted to be an effective canidate, who cares about what someone else is doing, focus on what you're going to do.  I am neither Democrat or Republican...I'm rather apolitical, but I honestly don't see how the Democratic party sees that this kind of process brings them any credit.  I think it's time to get more people to vote.  

And that is the American way...  Nice to see that being an American in the United States is back in vogue.
Super Dave

EmerWil

driving back from Erie, PA along the PA turnpike there was a sign that read:

Flt. 93 Tours

and there was a number underneath.  I thought to myself..Gee..All someone has to do is find Shanksville on the map and drive themselves there. What do they need a tour guide for?

the_weggie_man

What amazes me is how many in this country have already forgotten that day and the people that died.
They bitch and complain about the inconvenience of security measures at airports and so forth.

They need to get a grip and realize if the  other side wins they won't have to worry about traveling, they won't be able to. They'll live on that dirt floor while their leader builds more palaces and the only people driving SUV's will be his henchmen.

I used to be apolitical also until I realized that damnit, if the democrats have their way we'll be a part of some other country sometime soon.  This war we're in right now has been going on for years and was completely ignored by Slick Willie, giving the terrorists more and more guts to attempt the 9-11 attack. Had Bush been in office earlier when they attacked the embassies, Marine barracks and the USS Cole they never would have had the balls to try the 9-11 crap. They would have been stopped much earlier.

OK, I'll end here or I'll go on a rant for a long time about the unappreciative bastards in this country that think they are entitled to everything but don't want to do anything to keep their freedom. Not even support our troops that keep them free.

Signed,
Disgusted with the complacency and cowardice in this country today.

GSXR RACER MIKE

I agree whole heartedly about our country needing to defensively attack those who openly wish to harm us. If our military (including CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.) had not been reduced to it's recent capacity, we may have totally avoided 9/11 all together. Sadly Bush has been faced with the challege of restrengthening our military after the Clinton years. I saw several programs on Discovery Channel toward the end of Clinton's Presidency that dealt with the military currently. According to government records Clinton had reduced our military the most of ANY President in history, closing 100's of military bases through-out the world and crippled MILITARY DEFENSE SPENDING! Top officials in our own military were interviewed on those programs and they all shared the same basic observation, that Clinton had weakened our military to dangerous levels that couldn't even defend our own borders for any period of time if directly attacked. You may ask who would dare attack us directly, but didn't most people ignorantly think that something like 9/11 would never happen here also?

I applaud Bush for doing the right thing for this countries long term security and not collapsing to the pressures of the feel gooders who just want an instantaneous economy boost - no matter what the long term result! I look at it this way, If Clintons priorities had been on the true well being of this country he wouldn't have instructed our military to let down it's gaurd. If that had only been the case maybe we wouldn't have this topic today! :-/
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

QuoteI used to be apolitical also until I realized that damnit, if the democrats have their way we'll be a part of some other country sometime soon.  This war we're in right now has been going on for years and was completely ignored by Slick Willie, giving the terrorists more and more guts to attempt the 9-11 attack. Had Bush been in office earlier when they attacked the embassies, Marine barracks and the USS Cole they never would have had the balls to try the 9-11 crap. They would have been stopped much earlier.

OK, I'll end here or I'll go on a rant for a long time about the unappreciative bastards in this country that think they are entitled to everything but don't want to do anything to keep their freedom. Not even support our troops that keep them free.

Signed,
Disgusted with the complacency and cowardice in this country today.

Well said...

I think I have to echo your thoughts.
Super Dave