News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

super Dave

Started by smoke, September 11, 2003, 05:28:51 AM

smoke

I have read a lot of items that u have wrote on this board and comments that others have written about u that you have done for them riding wise.
I only have a few questions for you.

1. Can U post up your 04 training/ track day scheds?
2. where are u located?
3. can u do any days at summit or vir?  ( please)

( I know I need to work on a lot of items. Cornering being the most ( picking the correct line accoring to the speed u are at )   as I crashed hard at summit in deep one this past weekend. ( dislocated fingers on left hand, swollen right hand and jaw smaked the ground hard)  it made me understand that I can not try to teach myself stuff I don't know!!!!!

and yes I am in this sport for the long hall. ( trying to fix my bike now to make VIR)

Super Dave

Good questions...

Ok, I am located just south and west of Milwaukee in Eagle, Wisconsin...

Do I have dates for 2004?  Wow, real good question.  After the problems that I went through trying to get the dates that I requested in November 2002 for the 2003 season (CCS decided that they wanted my dates for the Sport Rider Day), my whole season was rather corrupted.  Kind of made everything a disaster.  At this point, I'm not exactly sure what to do.  I cannot afford to rent the track in the fashion that I have.  If I rent Blackhawk locally, it might only be for a very small school for racers only.  I can, and have, done some one on one work, or small groups, here and there.  Locally, I'm getting flack from some of the track days for doing these things during their programs...but if they can't offer anything more, if I'm a member, and if we buy the time, what does it matter.  

I have had people talk to me about a new racing series, but I haven't heard much more than that.  

I don't know if I'll be consulting with the AMA team that I did for 2004.

Can I do Summit or VIR?  I can.  It's a matter of having the track available to do it, and then someone finding a way to pay me to do it.  Haven't raced at VIR, but I saw it at the Superbike races...looks cool.  Raced at Summit a couple of times.

So, the overall question is:

How can I offer some kind of a program to the regular club racing guy at a reasonable price that makes sense to me and the rider?  Seems as though there is a great void in this area.  Just "track time" seems like a waste of tires and gas.  Well, maybe not a waste;  better than a day at work, right?

Most schools are geared for guys that are non racers and need to get a license.  Am I off base here?  I guess some how, I've came up with a different way of looking at it all and I can get that through to guys.  With my current school program, I'm spread so thin, it's hard to focus on each rider.

Any thoughts?
Super Dave

smoke

U are right as far as a void goes.  Im my area there is only NESBA, and team-promotion.  I have stayed a away from nesba ( personal reasons) and have not worked with team promotions at all.  But I have been on the track with Defan ( sp) and see the skills that he has developed.

Cost is an issue for some but if a person wants to learn they will find a way to do what they need to do. My wife gave me one rule for next year.  Buy her a new house and then I could race till i turned blue in the face..

I wonder if groups such as nebsa or team promotion would allow riders to sign up for instuction under u.  U would be part of there instuctor core.

The wife and I flying out for one of your classes is the easy part.  ( shipping my bike or I would drive)

Let me talk to so friends over the next few days...  I have an idea... but I need to figure some thing out.

Super Dave

QuoteI wonder if groups such as nebsa or team promotion would allow riders to sign up for instuction under u.  U would be part of there instuctor core.

The wife and I flying out for one of your classes is the easy part.  ( shipping my bike or I would drive)

Let me talk to so friends over the next few days...  I have an idea... but I need to figure some thing out.

I think the other organizations get a bit touchy on the subject.  I think that maybe STT might be the only one willing to look at things.  Monte and Bonnie seem pretty progressive.

Fly out?  Two way street.  Sometimes it's nice to do things at YOUR track.  Cost is probably somewhat similar, I'll just have to get up to speed at the track.  Day care for my kids and all makes it a bit different too.

You got ideas?  Share 'em, I'm willing to listen.
Super Dave

Team_nuclear123

My question is...
when are you gonna bring that cb400F to a track day??

Super Dave

LOL!  It's not mine.

I used to teach my school at Heartland Park Topeka on it.  Haven't ridden in quite a while.  

http://groups.msn.com/VisionsportsRidingSchools/racingwithsuperdave.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=22

AHRMA made lots of rules kind of aimed against us...really, they did.  Made us run four into fours, couldn't run any Kehin aftermarket carbs (we were using Amal's), etc.  Still the thing out weighed the TR/D3's by a lot and was down on power.  I could still win races.  

But the whole process really took the wind out of the owner's sails.  Mine too.  Lots of things have changed.  So, that's why I'm working on an H1, something that I want to pound the fast 750's at the big AHRMA events.
Super Dave

smoke

I talked to a few of my firends and we are going to try to rent summit.  I just now need to work out the details.  Since I cornerwork for marrc I will call wendy to see if I can get workers out there or combine our day with the marrc track days.

I got a lot of work to do.

Super Dave

Which course?  

Summit is kind of cool.  Don't completely understand the track, but Richard Chambers gave me some ideas a few years ago that helped me...Richard is an old TZ750 pilot...not just an announcer.  Think he got 3rd in the Daytona 200 one year.
Super Dave

smoke

we will try to get the main or the new course.  If u want to bring the boys out there are plenty of baby siters ( girls, wives,etc out here) that can baby sit.

dafan,ryan am 125, & peanut if yall want in just let me know.

Dave ( how many guys can u handel in a session?)
I think I can talk dave ( Yako sp) owns CAD in to comming out and helping.

Super Dave

Well, I can't take them out of school.  They would have to be taken to daycare by my wife (a high school English teacher) so they can catch the bus to school rather than me dropping them off and then catch the bus to daycare where my wife can pick them up.

How many can I handle?  Eight is a big enough handful if the track is just for us.  That would probably be workable.  Fewer is better.

Timing and scheduling too.  Have to have that in order...
Super Dave

r6_philly

I am very interested in this, just have to know well enough ahead of time to fit it in the budget, fees, traveling... But I have been thinking about going somewhere and work with Dave somehow. I will be stepping up to a higher level of racing next year and there are a few things I really need to work on, and work out.

You going to be at Daytona Dave? I am trying to decide to run a Team Challenge or do the Hammer Day

Super Dave

QuoteYou going to be at Daytona Dave? I am trying to decide to run a Team Challenge or do the Hammer Day

Was going to go, but now I'm out.  I'll have my guys armed and ready though.  We'll see how they do.  Luck is kind of a part of Daytona.
Super Dave