News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VP Contingency in FL

Started by VPFL, September 03, 2003, 05:06:12 PM

VPFL

If you purchase fuel from Jennings-and place for contingency- YOU WILL BE PAID.

Thanks to Greg, I have been made aware of this site and will monitor the 'claims' of 'so called' VP officials. Please make no mistake...If you purchase fuel from either Cindy or RACINGDIC, and live in FL- YOU WILL NOT GET PAID CONTINGENCY. I WILL PERSONALLY SEE TO IT!

If you wish further clarification, feel free to contact me at vpflorida@aol.com or call 954-565-7670

TiffineyIngram

Hello VPFL!  Could you or someone at VP please send me a list of the official vendors for VP fuel?  I am growing more and more concerned about racers not getting paid their hard-earned contingencies.  Something about what is going on just doesn't seem right.

Thank you!

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Cindy_Ivey

One thing that VP Florida has failed to notice is that this weekends race in Florida is a combined Southeastern Region and Florida Regional event.  All the rules say that to get paid for SE contingency you must purchase from the trackside vendor.  The Florida region has never been discussed in any post by Greg or myself.  None of the previous posts say anything about the Florida region!  VP Florida, you should have read a little closer.  I even stated that the Florida region did not have a trackside vendor set up and that you made other arrangements to pay your racers.

I have already had numerous calls from racers in the past 2 hours talking about how rude this post is.  They are also wondering why one VP fuel dealer is saying bad things about another - very unprofessional.  They have figured out that it is because VP Florida charges more for fuel than the SE region vendors and that Florida wants all the sales for themselves.

I have been handling the WERA Southeastern regional and National Challenge Contingency programs since last season.  I started handling the CCS Southeastern Regional Contingency program this season.  This 'VP official' has paid out more than $5200 in contingency this season already.

VP Florida, it is not flattering to be so rude.  Furthermore, it gives VP Racing Fuels and especially your region a black eye to make posts like this.

MightyDuc Racing

Okay...so I still don't know who to buy fuel from down here...please help.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

EX#996

According to Google.com

V P Racing Fuels, (954) 565-7670, 3955 N Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Paul and Dawn Buxton

mdr14

This is how the VP fuel coningency program "is supposed" to work:

The regional VP offices contract with certain individuals to provide VP fuel for at the race track for a given region... Lets say the SE Region. Whomever is contracted will provide fuel at every round. Since that region is being covered, VP will pay out contingency. I believe it is up to the regional office how much etc is paid out. I'm under the impression that the National headquarters is actually writing the checks though.

WHile its a free country, and anyone can sell VP fuel at the track, VP has it set up so that to qualify for contingency, fuel must be purchased from "The official VP race Track vendor". This is incentive for the "official VP vendor" to be at all the rounds. Trust me it is expensive to go to the track 'just to sell fuel' and when you only net a few bucks a can, it sometimes seems hardly justifiable.

So support your "Official VP track side vendor" and purchase fuel from them. ANd heck, ya just might win some contingency.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Cindy_Ivey

QuoteOkay...so I still don't know who to buy fuel from down here...please help.

You will get paid contingency no matter who you purchase from.  It just depends on your preference of the SE region trackside vendor or VP Florida region.  I would purchase from the person that supports the particular region you run with.  

james-redsv

Forget all this VP crap, my bike runs best on 87 BP. :P

VPFL

I have a call into Texas to clear up all of this mess. Any reply I have for Cindy will be handled in a email which is how some of her reply should have been handled.

In the meantime, feel free to give our office a call at 954-565-7670. I am here from 9am-6pm M-Fr to answer any of your FL contingency questions.

Lisa
VP Racing Fuel, Southeast.

TiffineyIngram

I left a message for Cheryl this morning too.  However, there has been a glaring error listed on this site.  ALL VP contingency is done by Cheryl in Texas.  Racers and guests, please call CCS to get correct information as far as contingency goes.

Steviebee

This was one factor why i havent used VP fuel !!!!