News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VP Contingency in FL

Started by VPFL, September 03, 2003, 05:06:12 PM

Cindy_Ivey

Let me be the first to say that this has all been a big misunderstanding.  I have just had a lengthy conversation with Lisa and everything is fine with both contingency programs.  The confusion started because of the naming of the different regions.  You have the CCS Southeastern Region and the CCS Florida Region.  The VP office in Georiga, where I get my fuel, is VP South.  This office covers Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. The VP office in Florida, where Lisa is, is called VP Southest.  This office covers the state of Florida only.   I'm sure you can see where our problem lies.

The WERA and CCS Southeastern Contingency programs will still be conducted the way they always have.  You must purchase your fuel from the trackside vendor.  That trackside vendor being Greg (GAmedic) or myself.  The VP Southeast (CCS Florida Region) contingency program works a little differently.  They do not have one person set up as a trackside vendor so they have set up their program to pay all the Florida riders that purchase fuel from Florida dealers.

I hope all is okay and that everyone understands what the requirements are for their respective region.

If you have any questions please contact myself for SE region at cindy@teamvelocityracing.com or Lisa for VP SE (Florida) at VPflorida@aol.com.

GAMEDIC

Thanks Cindy and if anyone has any questions about the SE program and what you need to do i will be at NFMP racing this weekend so feel free to come over and talk to me i will answer any questions you have with the SE program ...thanks

MELK-MAN

hey gang.. THIS Greg kinda got some of this started by mentioning Lisa had been going out of her way to get contingency paid to FL region riders. Lisa, thanks for your hard work and your welcome for the link to this site. She pointed out that some of our regions tracks wont allow VP to sell fuel trackside and thus for us to be able to collect ANY contingency (and provide incentive to run VP fuel) certain things have to be handled differently. Sorry for getting everyone wound up. :)
Glad to hear all parties are workin it out. See ya all at Jennings...
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Steviebee

Out of curiosity  Where cant you get VP trackside?  Anyidea why ?

I guess us midwest guys are spoiled !!

MELK-MAN

QuoteOut of curiosity  Where cant you get VP trackside?  Anyidea why ?

moroso, homestead..8-9 races out of our season..

Bsmedic

Nice Greg,

You get your picture in a nation wide mag, and your picture on a flyer to be delivered to every fl racer and you think you can start crap anytime you want..... real nice!

P.S.- My nephew is dying for an autograph, did your sharpie run out of ink at moroso, or do I need to bring one? :)

GAMEDIC

Not sure about the other regions...but i am at every SE event to seel VP fuel ...i guess my racers in the SE are spoiled too ;D

MELK-MAN

QuoteNice Greg,

You get your picture in a nation wide mag, and your picture on a flyer to be delivered to every fl racer and you think you can start crap anytime you want..... real nice!

P.S.- My nephew is dying for an autograph, did your sharpie run out of ink at moroso, or do I need to bring one? :)

LOL ;D... sure Brian, stir up more controversy.. ;D
im now INfamous.. wishin i was FAmous..Didn't even get the sharpie outa the wrapper..

Cindy_Ivey

I have a hard time at Kershaw because they have a Sunoco Deal.  I always set up at the gas station next door.  

There is always trouble at Road A also.  I am actually charged a 10% fee on every drum that is sold at Road A.  Since I make so little on the fuel I have to pass that charge onto the riders.  All of this money goes back to Sunoco for letting us sell inside the track. But, because we have to pay this charge, I bring in the biggest trialer that VP can spare (I'm talking 18 wheeler trailer) and I set everything up in the pits for everyone to see.  

There are really no other tracks where we have problems.  TGPR, RRR, Barber, Nashville, VIR, Hallett, Grattan and Summit point have all been good to me in my VP sales endevours.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend and ride SAFELY!

VPFL

If I had enough preorders for Moroso, I'd be more than happy to drive the 2 hours for you guys. I'd have to set up at the gas station just to the south on the beeline.

We also have guys that come by the station prior to the race, that I could send fuel with if I wasn't able to make the trip. So, Moroso should never be a problem if you do a prerace check list and make sure we are on it!  :)

Lisa

MELK-MAN

QuoteIf I had enough preorders for Moroso, I'd be more than happy to drive the 2 hours for you guys. I'd have to set up at the gas station just to the south on the beeline.

We also have guys that come by the station prior to the race, that I could send fuel with if I wasn't able to make the trip. So, Moroso should never be a problem if you do a prerace check list and make sure we are on it!  :)

Lisa

thats good to know!! :)