MW/GL Banquet 2004

Started by TiffineyIngram, August 26, 2003, 11:50:00 AM

TiffineyIngram

Here's your chance to be part of the banquet committee.  Where would you like your banquet?  What costs are you willing to incur?  At all of these cities, the average cost for a banquet including everything will run about $30 pp.  Like I said, I need these results by Thursday so I can make a decision with y'all in mind.
Thank you!   :D

motomadness

Now that I am living in Detroit, I'd prefer Chicago over Milwaukee (2 fewer hours of driving).

TiffineyIngram

Come on guys, VOTE!!!  53 views and 9 votes?  Come on!

Rock the vote..dunna na na na na na...Rock the boat...dunna na na na na nana..."

Okay, sing that along to the "Rock the Boat" lyrics of the late 70s, and you'll get it.
 ;)

TiffineyIngram

Dawn, can we make this sticky?

RC51Racer

I voted....I voted....don't yell..... ;D

TiffineyIngram

Sorry, I was trying to help those Formula 40 riders...

;D

Just kidding!

KBOlsen

I used to live in Chicago... can I vote twice? :P

Thanks, Tiff... that song has been playing 'round and 'round in my head all afternoon.... :D
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

TiffineyIngram

Mine too!  I watched VH1's "I Love the 70s", volumes 1-10 ALL FREAKIN WEEKEND!  It was actually really interesting...only bad part is that I wasn't born until 1981, so Eric had to explain a lot to me.

the_weggie_man

Maybe with some details on here some people would be willing to get quotes for you from various establishments around the Chicago, Milwaukee area.  Approximate number of people, what type of menu you want, etc.

Where are the majority of the regions riders based? I assume this will be a triple region banquet?  Finding the center of the rider population area could help determine a central location convenient for most.

I don't think downtown Milwaukee is the place. There are several places in the surrounding area that could work. Like downtown Chicago, parking, hotels and such are a pain.  Much easier than Chicago but still a pain.

What happened to the people that volunteered to do the banquet this year? I know Jack backed out for his own reasons but there were others that said they were willing to work on it.

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteWhat happened to the people that volunteered to do the banquet this year? I know Jack backed out for his own reasons but there were others that said they were willing to work on it.

I volunteered on here to help find a place if it was going to be in the Rockford area, but not to actually do all the other stuff. I am not experienced with banquet planning and only offered to help in the location find if needed.  :)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

K3 Chris Onwiler

I'm in for the Clocktower.  That place is NICE!  I'll bet if we hold it there once, it will become a tradition.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

roadracer797

Does this include the GP region also? Or do I have to go to two banquets?