News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MW/GL Banquet 2004

Started by TiffineyIngram, August 26, 2003, 11:50:00 AM

Super Dave

First, I cannot seem to vote...

Second, when the banquet is would sway my position.

I tried to vote for the Clocktower Resort, so if you could add my vote...
Super Dave

TiffineyIngram

I have gotten quotes from 8+ facilities all over the midwest.  I'm keeping the price at $30pp, with a sit-down dinner.  Our (MW/GL) rider base is primarily in Illinois and Wisconsin.  So, it's a toss up.  We have to keep in mind that although most of our riders do not live in Michigan, there are quite a few, and this is also the GL banquet.  That's why I thought Chicago was a fair place for everyone to meet up.  On the other hand, having it anywhere but Chicago would be cheaper in terms of parking expense.  The only real difference in location would mean a difference in cost for parking and convenience in getting to and from the banquet.  As for the weekend, if the banquet is held in Chicago (or possibly even Rockford), we will more than likely repeat the bike show weekend.
FYI--The GP banquet will be held separately.

GSXR RACER MIKE

I live in Rockford and yet I am considered GP Region this year for the 1st time (I was always MW in the past), this still confuses me?  :-/

So Tiffiney, when and where is the GP Region banquet going to be then?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Dawn

.....  or, if we win a championship in the GP region, can we request to have the trophy brought to the MW/GL banquet?

Dawn   :)

TiffineyIngram

What region you're assigned to is based on what state and area code you live in.  But, that doesn't mandate where you get points.  You can live in Florida and compete and win a championship in the Pacific region.  It's all about where you race.  As for the trophies, I'm sure we can work something out, but it's a little to early to say for sure.

These votes are pretty close...you guys that said "other", what is your opinion?

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteWhat region you're assigned to is based on what state and area code you live in.  But, that doesn't mandate where you get points.  You can live in Florida and compete and win a championship in the Pacific region.  It's all about where you race.  As for the trophies, I'm sure we can work something out, but it's a little to early to say for sure.

The main reason I was questioning the Regional assignment was due to competition numbers. In the event of multiple racers having the same number at a race, the person who has that # in that tracks regional designation is the one that (usually) gets to use it, any others will have to put an 'X' or extra # on their bike(s) number plates. This isn't really that big of a deal, but it seems strange that I live in the same county as BHF and it's considered MW Region and I am considered GP. Typically about half of the MW Region races are run at BHF each season, so that means that I would be the one having to change my plate back and forth at almost every event. Most of the time there wouldn't be conflicts in #'s outside of the top 10 and popular #'s, but I am most likely going to have a top 10 in the GP region for next year, so this is just me thinking ahead.

Seems to me that BHF should be GP Region also?

I will get off my soap box now Tiffiney, I just wanted you to know why I was questioning it.  :)

Super_KC124

QuoteIFYI--The GP banquet will be held separately.
How about have it in Alabama? :P

GSXR RACER MIKE

So Tiffiney, did you come up with a solution to the MW/GL banquet location? :)