News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race of Champions Award Presentation

Started by CCS, July 30, 2003, 02:39:27 PM

CCS

We have been approached by another venue offering to host our CCS National Awards Presentation and we would like your opinion before we commit to the location.

Daytona USA has it's advantages, (close to the speedway, room to park rigs, lots of things to do before the presentations), but we have heard more complaints that you can't take food or beverage into the theatre.

Both alternate locations have the more traditional tables and chairs, and you are allowed to take your food and drinks to your seat, but the only pre-ceremony activity will be the Coc ktail Party and appetizers.

Please speak up and let us know where you want to celebrate our 20th Race of Champions Winners!
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

K3 Chris Onwiler

I've only been there once, but Daytona USA was unbelievably cool!  Of course I wasn't getting an award, so I wasn't trapped in the auditorium.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

MightyDuc Racing

I just hope I'm there to get something! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

Hi, Kevin...

Daytona USA seems cool.  I always have to rush home...driving, so I think I only stayed once...in 1991.

Daytona always has a special mystique about it.  I think that the France family allowed some of that to be captured in Daytona USA.  I vote for that one.  I can't seem to register a vote in the regular fashion.
Super Dave

PJ

Daytona USA is very cool. A hotel conference room or other site just wouldn't compare.

Thanks for the chance to voice our opinions...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

GSXR RACER MIKE

1 of the 2 times I raced at Daytona I stayed for the awards presentation at Daytona USA. I agree that this is a top notch facility that is something special - much like the Race of Champions itself! Though a banquet facility would support dining, and would allow for bench racing before the awards presentation, it wouldn't have that same feeling of accomplishment as recieving your award at Daytona USA.

If an alternate facility was chosen I would hope that it was something special and not just average. I personally like it at Daytona USA myself.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

r6_philly

Daytona USA is way cool.

But if I am not getting one of them trophy thingie I am not going  ;D :P

TrophyGal

I'd like to see more people vote on this pole.

A huge amount of people go to the Beach afterwards anyway ... it might be good to have it nearer to their favorite bar.  :)

Of course, since my husband and I have to haul the trophies to the presentation site and set everything up, I like the fact that DaytonaUSA is close by.  Saves alot of time & effort.

Just my 2 cents worth.

r6_philly

by the way, when is the resentation? I wonder if I need to reserve an extra day at the motel.

StuartV666

Quoteby the way, when is the resentation? I wonder if I need to reserve an extra day at the motel.

Nah. You don't need to worry about it. You already said you're not going if you don't win one. :-)

You and me and Peanut can go drinking somewhere while Meyers and Hector and Donny get their wood.

:D

r6_philly

QuoteNah. You don't need to worry about it. You already said you're not going if you don't win one. :-)

You and me and Peanut can go drinking somewhere while Meyers and Hector and Donny get their wood.

:D

Hey now... don't loose the race before you go. As you remember, I beat Hector at Daytona... I lead 3 laps dammit... I also beat Donny in one of the races I believe. it was mulvany and meyers that we can't beat. I beat Laz Diaz to the line 3 times :)

But also remember Hector and I was never more than 2-3 seconds behind the other 2. He had a crappy bike and so did I. My dyno'ed 96 when we got back. So if him, peanut, you and I can bring more motor then we never know...

I am just trying not to slip any farther behind in the standings. You going to barber I take it? I am still wait and see... I don't you about you and peanut ;) but I am gonna win a race at daytona