News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race of Champions Award Presentation

Started by CCS, July 30, 2003, 02:39:27 PM

CCS

We have been approached by another venue offering to host our CCS National Awards Presentation and we would like your opinion before we commit to the location.

Daytona USA has it's advantages, (close to the speedway, room to park rigs, lots of things to do before the presentations), but we have heard more complaints that you can't take food or beverage into the theatre.

Both alternate locations have the more traditional tables and chairs, and you are allowed to take your food and drinks to your seat, but the only pre-ceremony activity will be the Coc ktail Party and appetizers.

Please speak up and let us know where you want to celebrate our 20th Race of Champions Winners!
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

K3 Chris Onwiler

I've only been there once, but Daytona USA was unbelievably cool!  Of course I wasn't getting an award, so I wasn't trapped in the auditorium.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

MightyDuc Racing

I just hope I'm there to get something! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

Hi, Kevin...

Daytona USA seems cool.  I always have to rush home...driving, so I think I only stayed once...in 1991.

Daytona always has a special mystique about it.  I think that the France family allowed some of that to be captured in Daytona USA.  I vote for that one.  I can't seem to register a vote in the regular fashion.
Super Dave

PJ

Daytona USA is very cool. A hotel conference room or other site just wouldn't compare.

Thanks for the chance to voice our opinions...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

GSXR RACER MIKE

1 of the 2 times I raced at Daytona I stayed for the awards presentation at Daytona USA. I agree that this is a top notch facility that is something special - much like the Race of Champions itself! Though a banquet facility would support dining, and would allow for bench racing before the awards presentation, it wouldn't have that same feeling of accomplishment as recieving your award at Daytona USA.

If an alternate facility was chosen I would hope that it was something special and not just average. I personally like it at Daytona USA myself.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

r6_philly

Daytona USA is way cool.

But if I am not getting one of them trophy thingie I am not going  ;D :P

TrophyGal

I'd like to see more people vote on this pole.

A huge amount of people go to the Beach afterwards anyway ... it might be good to have it nearer to their favorite bar.  :)

Of course, since my husband and I have to haul the trophies to the presentation site and set everything up, I like the fact that DaytonaUSA is close by.  Saves alot of time & effort.

Just my 2 cents worth.

r6_philly

by the way, when is the resentation? I wonder if I need to reserve an extra day at the motel.

StuartV666

Quoteby the way, when is the resentation? I wonder if I need to reserve an extra day at the motel.

Nah. You don't need to worry about it. You already said you're not going if you don't win one. :-)

You and me and Peanut can go drinking somewhere while Meyers and Hector and Donny get their wood.

:D

r6_philly

QuoteNah. You don't need to worry about it. You already said you're not going if you don't win one. :-)

You and me and Peanut can go drinking somewhere while Meyers and Hector and Donny get their wood.

Hey now... don't loose the race before you go. As you remember, I beat Hector at Daytona... I lead 3 laps dammit... I also beat Donny in one of the races I believe. it was mulvany and meyers that we can't beat. I beat Laz Diaz to the line 3 times :)

But also remember Hector and I was never more than 2-3 seconds behind the other 2. He had a crappy bike and so did I. My dyno'ed 96 when we got back. So if him, peanut, you and I can bring more motor then we never know...

I am just trying not to slip any farther behind in the standings. You going to barber I take it? I am still wait and see... I don't you about you and peanut ;) but I am gonna win a race at daytona

Peanut

QuoteNah. You don't need to worry about it. You already said you're not going if you don't win one. :-)

I won't say anything since I've never been to Daytona, except 1 of us will get something I would think. Those guys can't take all the wood, can they??  lol ;)  

Back on topic, I would think considering how hectic everyone says it is down there, that the site should be as easy to set up and as easy to get to as possible.

Speaking of the banked one, where are you guys going to stay?  I'm assuming I should be making reservations soon.  

Motor?  You guys have a different motor for Daytona??  Please don't tell me I need to spend anymore money!!  :o

StuartV666

Hey dudes, I was just teasing. ;D You never know what's going to happen at Daytona. Remember when John Ashmead won the 200?

QuoteI am just trying not to slip any farther behind in the standings. You going to barber I take it? I am still wait and see...

Yes, I'm going to Barber's. Wouldn't miss it! I did one track day there back in April and it is my new favorite track! I LOVE the layout. I can't wait to see what it's like to actually race on. It seems like just about every turn offers an opportunity to pass.

I hope to see you there. Next week is a unique opportunity. The track is new and most of us have not been there at all or have done, at most, one track day. So it won't be like most races where it is somebody's home track and they know it really well. We'll mostly all be on equal footing. There will probably be a few guys that raced there with WERA, but they probably aren't in the CCS points hunt, so I'm not too worried about them or where they finish. I'm focusing on championships now, not individual race results.

r6_philly

QuoteMotor?  You guys have a different motor for Daytona??  Please don't tell me I need to spend anymore money!!  :o

Well Peanut, I have 3 motors, 2 stock and 1 worked on. But That one is the one that got cracked at summit. So I am trying to put that one back together and hope there is still some juice left.

I love Daytona, but the guys that won from FL did have more motor that me and hector. it was very apparent when you get passed when you bike is no longer accelarating and haven't been for a while  :o

I still say Daytona USA is good place to have the presentation. That we we can finish racing and not go too far for the presentation. We can go drink elsewhere after it.

CCS

We will leave the voting open until next Tuesday, but it looks like Daytona USA is the favorite.

For those that voted, thank you. For those that didn't, come on, it's your chance to be heard!
Kevin Elliott
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

r6_philly

QuoteWe will leave the voting open until next Tuesday, but it looks like Daytona USA is the favorite.

For those that voted, thank you. For those that didn't, come on, it's your chance to be heard!

I am not trying to be funny or anything, but can we have chances to be heard on more imporatant issues more often? This hardly makes any difference to racing. We always talk about a lot more issues here, and you think that people don't want to be heard?

CCS

Looks like Daytona USA for the Awards presentation.

Dafan, we take riders views into consideration whenever possible. There is a balancing act here between what is good for everyone, what is good for a few, and what is good for CCS Racings future. Riders will always have input on the direction our sport is going, they do not always have input on business decisions made to insure the continuation of the series. Every year we send out a questionnaire soliciting rider opinions, and every year less than 50% of the riders bother to fill it out and return it to us. To make a long story short, we will always listen to your concerns, we just cannot promise they will be answered in the manner you might like them to be.

See you all at Daytona.
Kevin Elliott
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

r6_philly

Thanks Kevin. I understand some of it, its just that sometimes I feel that frustrated paying customers are "business decisions" as well. Many of us run business instead of work somewhere, and somethings regarding the business end of CCS are not quite to our liking. But you can only do what you are allowed to do, so its certainly nothing personal against people of CCS (who are all extremely nice, everyone I have met so far). But the "business decisions and practices" are not quite, well, likable.

See ya at Daytona