News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What's your favorite track and why?

Started by RickyRacer, October 23, 2001, 06:40:19 AM

RickyRacer

So far I have only done three.

Here is my order

#1 Roebling Road, GA. It's very flowing and only has one straight. A lot of fun, pretty fast and it goes right.

#2 Moroso, FL. It has tons of grip everywhere and it's fun to ride. Just don't hit any trees or go swimming in the canal and you'll be fine.

#3 Homestead, FL (it sucks for bikes). Way too slippery. Too many straights(4 of them) Not a flowing track at all. It's a stop &  go track.

Will find out about NFMP soon.  ;D
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Glenn_Foster

VIR

Daytona

Road A

Roebling - great layout, but the surface sucks.  It needs to be repaved

sportbikepete

ducdoc

VIR- challenging track and great facility!

sportbikepete

Ooops forgot the why:

VIR- Because unless you are spectating it has no draw backs. Great people! Good food! Great period!

Pocono FUSA- It's fast and has a banked turn, but extremely dangerous. Helps that I'm 20 minutes fromit too.

Mid-Ohio- Great place and techinical, staff could use work. Alos found a pizza place nearby with awesome wings!

Eric Kelcher

Well only been on a few myself the next two years are going to be my traveling years.

1st Hallet tight track but does allow some hp to shine but handling is curcial
2nd MotorSports Ranch gets high marks for nothing to hit in run off areas but losses to Hallet because I can not feel comfortable on all the off camber turns (they are all off camber)
3rd Oak Hill all about handling and perfect lines I guess it would be the Nelson Ledges of the south. Track is seeing some repaving this year and does not have soil problems that plague the sledeges.
3b No Problem Raceway haven't run it yet but inspected it track looks interesting/technical and will reward the leader as passing will be very difficult.
4th Texas World Speedway fun to get the HP out and really rip then have to deal with real turns.
5th Denton Kart way YSR track very tight track with a straight that allows some relaxation but not much haven't ridden it yet but looks like about most fun you can have on a bike.
6th Daytona HP means too much and turn1 walls  just make me overbrake
7th Texas Motorspeedway absolute bottom the track maangement doesn't care about bikes and configuration is all  180 degree turns with one chincanish turn that has zero room for error to armco.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

fzr400tony

loudon--i know, safety and all of that, but i love the lay out and i like rough sufaces.  it's a really fun place to go.  

summit point--it's fast, has a great rhythm and it's now paved!!!

pocono's north course--when the pavement wasn't as bad as it was earlier this year.  fun, challenging, fast, but no racing and the surface is getting bad.

summit point jefferson curcuit--fun place, easy to learn.  i ran it backwards, so a lot of decreasing radius corners.  under a minute a lap, but it's a fun place, you can drag knee everywhere.  just watch the white lines, and don't race around it, there's no real run-off.

vir's north course--i can't get a rhythm there.  great place, but i hate the lay out (yes i know i'm one of like 3 people in the world who'd say that)

pocono east--it's 20 minutes from my house as well, i can't say much else about it.

ecumike

VIR - it's the only one I've been to, and I'm only about an hour away.

Next year, I'll be going to Slippery, I mean Summit Point.  (that's what I hear)

katkins

8)
1st:   Laguna Seca (corkscrew and Andretti hairpin are awesome)  
2nd:  VIR North (VIR is an east coast version of Seca in my opinion)  Track and facilities are top notch.  
3rd:  Summit Main.

Have only ridden two east coast tracks so far.  Will try others in the spring.  Sears Point and Willow Springs are good too.
Ken Atkins
2000 GSXR750
Moved from Monterey Ca to Richmond VA (Dec 2000)  (What the hell was I thinking??!!)

Johnny B

Quoteloudon--i know, safety and all of that, but i love the lay out and i like rough sufaces.  it's a really fun place to go.  

Get a USCRA license and try the "other" Loudon
http://www.lrrsracing.com/other_loudon.htm
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com

RickyRacer

Gotta tell yeah, those boulders are freaking me out.  :o
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

kangasj

Putnam Park (cept for T-10) because it has got such a GREAT surface.

Road American, the place is just so damn fast.

Blackhawk since it is so smooth....NOT!  I sure wish they'd put some money into that place!!