News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race director's son in motorcycle accident

Started by amydiaz, July 29, 2003, 02:27:58 PM

amydiaz

Nothing new has changed since yesterday.  They are hoping to move him out of ICU tomorrow or Friday that is if everything goes well these next couple of days.  

I will try to get an address where cards can be sent to.  

Thanks everyone for the support and encouraging words.  I will keep you posted as to how everything is going.

Amy Diaz-Fehrman

amydiaz

Good News.  They are going to be moving Adam to his own room some time later on this evening.  His doctor is not sure how long he will have to remain in the hospital though, but at least this is a good sign.  

Cards may be sent to:

St. Elizabeth Hospital
C/O Adam Fehrman - Room:  406-1
1506 S. Oneida Street
Appleton WI  54915

Thank you all again.

Super Dave

How is Adam really?  I mean is he asking about his bike and all...

Was he riding his GSXR600?

Tell us more...
Super Dave

EX#996

Dave:

You've got mail (I hoped it worked).

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

amydiaz

Dave - Yes, he was on the GSXR600.  It is pretty trashed.  He just started asking about the bike yesterday.  He does not talk very much as they are keeping him on some pretty good drugs and has a tube down his throat.  I know he had hoped to go to BHF for the Wegman weekend, but unsure now how things are going if he is going to be able to make it.  

Amy

Tezboogie

True motorcycle guy, ask about the bike first. Adams a youngster and he's pretty strong, I'm sure he'll make a full recovery with our prayers.

Get better dude, you owe me a race.... :)

Tez and the Blaze Crew.....

Super Dave

Good, he's talking about he bike...LOL!

Yeah, I'm sure we all hope he can make it.  Maybe we can build a big gurnee for him using his GSXR600 motor!  Part of the pit bike races?  

Tell him I told him that's what we should do...(he'll probably punt my bottom later.... ;D)

Hope all is well.  I'll try to get a note out to him too.
Super Dave

amydiaz

Dave, I told him last night that you had asked if he was asking about his bike and he just laughed.  The bad thing is that they decided at the bike shop that it was totaled.  Of course now the new thing is, "At least I get to get a new bike, but not till 2030 when all the medical bills are paid up."  No medical insurance, but at least the bike is covered was his thinking.  

SliderPhoto

QuoteNo medical insurance, but at least the bike is covered was his thinking.  

Oh wow. That sucks. :( There might be some medical coverage associated with the auto policy.

amydiaz

We have already checked into that.  There is no coverage on himself only the bike.  There might be $1000 that will cover him but that was used up with the ride to the hospital via ambulance.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Was the accident his fault?  Does he have any medical insurance through his job that might cover him?  I never carried medical on my bike, but always made sure that motorcycle injuries were not excluded on my health insurance through work.  Sounds like Adam may be declaring bankruptcy in about a year...  Hey, at least he's still with us!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

amydiaz

Yes it was his fault as the car stopped suddenly to turn so therefore in Wisconsin if you rear-end someone it is your fault.  Secondly, he just got hired on to a new company so his insurance does not kick in for 30 days...sucks.  

Who needs to claim bankruptcy when ya have parents like ours.  Ha. Ha.  Guess mom and dad will be working for a few more years and adam will be working till he is 100.