News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race director's son in motorcycle accident

Started by amydiaz, July 29, 2003, 02:27:58 PM

CCS243

Amy,

Did he have insurance with his previous job?  Is so, he may be entitled to still exercise his COBRA rights.  My recollection is that if he did not decline COBRA, he may elect or opt in for up to 90 days after leaving the job.  Payment from date of terminiation is required.  Perhaps someone on board who is knowlegeable of HIPPA and COBRA could comment?

Please say hi to Bill for me.  He is too young to retire  :P anyway, not like me  ;)

Super Dave

Ok, the bike is totalled...

...IT'S TIME FOR ADAM TO START RACING!!!

You have no money, you have no insurance, you live at home...

Start your career today!

Sounds like my life...

Jack, I need a Super Dave poster boy picture please...

Tell, Adam, that he should buy his bike out of the salvage pool.  I'm sure that the motor would fit into a really cool LA-Z- BOY...that's what I always wanted to do...wait, I still do ;D
Super Dave

KBOlsen

I'll double-check when I get to work tomorrow, but I'm pretty certain that if it has been less than 30 days since he left his old job, he can pay COBRA and be covered.  
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

adiaz

Hey all.  I thought I would give you an update on Adam's condition.  Everything seems to be healing well.  It is going to be a slow but sure recovery.  The doctor thinks that maybe on Monday they will let him out of bed and start walking a little bit.  He is still having a lot of trouble breathing and started running a fever on Friday so has not been feeling really well but is excited about being able to get up and move around.  So he thinks.  Wait till he gets up and feels all the other parts of his body that hurt.  

Other than that he is doing okay.  Dave, mom said no racing EVER for Adam.  

Thanks again everyone for the prayers and get well wishes.  

Amy, Christian, Jesus Diaz

OmniGLH

QuoteI'll double-check when I get to work tomorrow, but I'm pretty certain that if it has been less than 30 days since he left his old job, he can pay COBRA and be covered.  

Hmmm.  I wonder if it varies, company-to-company - but I know at Motorola they gave me 60 days to enact my COBRA policy.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

K3 Chris Onwiler

St. Elizabeth Hospital
C/O Adam Fehrman - Room:  406-1
1506 S. Oneida Street
Appleton WI  54915

I sent something to Adam at this address today.  I hope it makes it there.
Amy?  How are the rest of you Fehrmans holding up?  I'd bet Bill isn't quite his usual composed self when it's HIS OWN SON involved.  Tell Dad, sis & bro that I have you all in my thoughts.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

lil_thorny

amydiaz

K3 it is not dad the one that you have to worry about, it is mom.  She has been up there from 8 in the morning till she has to go to work and then back the next morning.  I think she lived up there this weekend.  Michelle, Dad, and I will be at Topeka this weekend.  

Adam is doing better.  They have him up and walking finally.  Worried about the lungs as there is fluid.  Going to do a CT scan this morning and if there is more fluid they are going to do a thoracotomy.  Hopefully it won't come to that but we will wait and see.  

Thank you for sending him a card K3.  And that you all for your prayers.  It really helps him out.  I have been printing him the updates and he at least crakcks a smile now and again.  

He is having a rough time right now dealing with all of this and he is afraid that he is not going to get better, which we all know he will, but he has been a little down lately, but hopefully with him moving around now he will get better sooner.  

See you all in Topeka.  

Amy

Dawn

Amy:

Would they allow visitors who are not family members?

Dawn   ???

amydiaz

Yes he can have visitors other than immediate family.  He is in his own room so anyone is welcome to go up and see him.  

VTRrider

A Speedy recovery to you Adam from everyone at MD Racing - Matt, Mel, & Carol. You'll be in our prayers until we here that you are back on your feet again.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Ah, the impatience of youth.  How long has he been injured now, ten days?  Tell him that he'll get better, but only if he's not cranky!
In fourty years, I've never (knock wood) been hurt as badly as Adam is now.  But he has youth on his side, so he'll be all right.  Buy your mom a drink, and see if the doctors can give you a sleeping pill to disolve into it!
Please let me know if that package arrives.
K3
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com