News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How many crashes this year?

Started by lbk, July 14, 2003, 07:10:01 AM

lbk

I got to thinking after my last one how many is typical? I know some people that are getting suprised by how many crashes happen at the track. Although it is never a goal, I expect it to happen since most of us are always pushing our own limits.

List crashes, seperately from run-offs if you list run-offs at all.

So come on every one let's hear it, how many track crashes to date this year?

Guess I should've given my own. 2 crashes this year. 0 run offs.

TZDeSioux

I raced 10 weekends last year and had zero crashes but I crashed this year and have only raced two weekends. It was due to a collision rather than pushing the bike too hard for my skills. Glad it was a collision that caused it because my head wasn't effected at all by it since I knew why I crashed. It was simple.. I screwed up and didn't give the other rider enough room when I tried to shove my bike underneath him and we collided.

dwilson

I did 6 races and 1 track day this year and went down once.  I have no idea why I went down as I had taken that turn just as fast before...  I just figured I didn't take it as smooth as the other times  :-/

Eddie#200

Had one mild crash due to a novice parking it in 3d at BHF.  I will never practice with novices on the track again!  One hard one at RA in April, 600 is still not race ready, will never skimp on tires for GTU races again.  

Even as slow as I am... :P

OmniGLH

First race weekend this year, got bumped off the track in practice in T7 at BHF.  Wound up with a severely mangled shoulder.

Last weekend at MAM, someone (not going to say who) forgot to tighten down my steering damper after removing it... and coming in from a practice session, it fell off and wedged itself between the fork tube and frame - causing me to fall over in the pits.

2 race weekends, 2 crashes.  I'm not doing too well....
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

MudDawg

Zero this year.

2 Last year.  (One due to rain, one due to mechanical.)

I average about one wreck per year.  (Some years none....some years 2)  Much more than that...that you've caused yourself....and ya might want to take up needlepoint.  (I generally discount rain and wrecks caused by others/mechanicals....if you over-ride and wreck...then it's your fault.)

I start every race planning on finishing it.  Usually works out that way too.  :-)

Dawn

Paul....

24 races - 2 crashes (both at MAM  ::)) <He still took 2nd after crashing in Thunderbike  ;D>

? practices - 1 crash

Number of times run off into the grass....... A Lot!  But he never gives up and has been successful at getting back on to the track.

Dawn   :)

Nate R

12 races, 0 wrecks. I did survive the 35 degree weekend that included flurries and rain for 3 days, and then the rains in May. I am still slow, but I made it, right?  ;D

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

1fastmofo

Well,

I crashed once during race school. My teammate was in front of me on the first lap and missed a shift, so I took advantage and passed him. It's always fun to pass your friends! Then I lowsided on cold tires. Oh well, my mistake. I suck!  ;D

Only gotten to race once this year, no crashes. Knock on wood.  ;)

Litespeed

No crashes this year but two last year, both at track days.  First one was unfamiliarity with a new bike and tucked the front after grabbing way to much brake (who woulda thought Honda's were that much better than my Kawi) and the second was from running through something on the track as I was leaving the pits.  

K3 Chris Onwiler

I'm sort of the exception to the rule.  In 5 seasons, I've completely lost track of my crashes.  I can tell you that I went down three times last year in 17 weekends, but have already gone down three times this year in only 8 weekends.
Actually, I think many of my crashes can be attributed to frustration.  I don't have the best equipment or the freshest tires, but I'm always trying so hard anyway.  Sometimes I think I get sucked in and write checks that my equipment can't cash.  Oh well, at least no one can say that I'm not trying hard enough!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

MELK-MAN

28+ track days since 03/2002. 5 race days including practice days for each and 4 races in each. 2 minor lowsides..all me, and 1 pretty good spill when i got into the rear wheel of a slower bike in a fast sweeping left hander..in a race had the same crash as the one just described but in a fast sweeping right hander. Counted my lucky stars, just some pretty good bruises and a few parts to replace.
total of 4 "crashes".. with 35+ days on the track..Is that typical????
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice