News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MAM must be hungry...

Started by tigerblade, July 07, 2003, 07:48:51 AM

tigerblade

...'cause it's bitten a lot of people lately.  I drove a buddy (#417 Amateur on the Honda motard) to the emergency room Saturday morning and watched another buddy (#157 Amateur on an R6) get airlifted Sunday.  Three other people I know from this board had incidents this weekend too.   :-/
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Jeff

Guess I didn't miss anything...

I didn't like that track last year, and from the sounds of it, wouldn't have enjoyed it much this year...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tigerblade

Ask Kevin (KC124) how he likes those 55-gallon trash barrels...   :o
Younger Oil Racing

sdiver68

Kris,

How is Corey?  any news?
MCRA Race School Instructor

tigerblade

Sounds like he'll be okay.  They kept him overnight for observation.  Sounds like he probably had a concussion (was out for a while) but no broken bones.  His father stayed up there with him last night.
Younger Oil Racing

PJ

Very glad to hear AM #157 who was airlifted out on Sunday will be OK.

Never been up in a helicopter myself, and that's not how I want to get my first ride.

FWIW, I really like MAM. The track has a nice mix of speed and technical sections, good grip and lots of run-off in most places. Track temp was a killer, but probably good prep for Topeka in August.

Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

EX#996

Kris:

How is #417?  Paul said it looked like he went down hard and wasn't feeling too good....

MAM was hungary this weekend.  After the storm went through and the track got all dirty again (I'm sure the heat had something to do with it also), I think there were only a FEW classes on Sunday where there wasn't at least one bike down in each class.

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tigerblade

QuoteKris:

How is #417?  Paul said it looked like he went down hard and wasn't feeling too good....

Dawn   :-/

I talked to Rob Saturday night.  He has a broken collarbone and a couple of broken ribs.  Wasn't sure at the time whether he might have some rotator cuff damage too.   :-/  
Younger Oil Racing

EX#996

QuoteI talked to Rob Saturday night.  He has a broken collarbone and a couple of broken ribs.  Wasn't sure at the time whether he might have some rotator cuff damage too.   :-/  

Owch!  

Both Paul and Steve Richardson was wondering.  I will let them both know.

Thanks for the update.

Dawn   ;)

P.S.  Due to your lovely weather down there.....  I am a lovely shade of red today.   :-[ ;) ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tigerblade

QuoteP.S.  Due to your lovely weather down there.....  I am a lovely shade of red today.   :-[ ;) ;D

And I live 5 hours southeast of MAM!  You would probably burst into flame down here!  Guess this hot weather isn't friendly to you Canadians, huh?   :P  ;)
Younger Oil Racing

EX#996

QuoteGuess this hot weather isn't friendly to you Canadians, huh?   :P  ;)

LOL!!!

I do live more north than Toronto, Canada, but I am not a Canadian!   ;) ;D

And yes, either burst into flames or just plain melt!
 :-[
Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Jeff

last year, MAM was like Africa hot... No shade, dust and the track was greasy, yet ate the tires right off the bikes...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest