Amateurs at Blackhawk Farms

Started by TZDeSioux, June 05, 2002, 01:00:41 PM

KBOlsen

FWIW (I just started passing people a couple weeks ago), passing on the outside seems instinctively safer.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

TZDeSioux

I hate passing people on the outside. It gives them a chance to push you off the track if they chose to do so. Since I ALWAYS makes safe passes(which is probably my biggest downfall in racing)... I would much rather pass on the inside then the outside unless I have to. I also always appreciate a good pass put on me.... it makes racing that much more fun :)

Mike Wemmer

Hey Dawn, thanks for helping me out! Everyone has there own style of riding. Some people feel safer passing on the outside &some people feel safer going on the inside. I do both. Like I said though, I like passing on the outside better because of the lean angles I'm at. I turned a 1:17:93 at Blackhawk (so I was told) on a 71hp SV650. My lean angles are a little more radical than some of the other people I'm racing with so I have more of a chance of crashing. Well, I'm headed to R.A. so if you have any questions about the races I'll be back on monday. Look me up if you come up to the track. I'm right across from the consetion stands.           L8R,     Mike Wemmer

Super Dave

Passing on the outside can work if you are going much faster than the person that you are passing.  Why?  Because it is a longer distance around that person and you have a smaller area to deal with since one cannot use the inside portion of the track.
Super Dave

Mike Wemmer

Hey everyone. I just thought I'd throw another $0.02 in. I went to R.A. and had a drunken good time. The only safe pass there is is one without incident (bumping, running off the track, ect.). For instance, at R.A. the N.R.R.S guys were bitching about the C.C.S. guys. They were talking about us being slow and unsafe to pass. Does that make all of us unsafe to race with because we don't have about $20,000+ in our bikes and a mechanic to do all our work. These guys are supposed to be a step above us. Either they suck and it's all just the bike or they like to wine alot. I think it might be BOTH!!! These guys started out where we are so they Have no room to bitch about us. I hope to race atleast one race with these guys next year (on my SV650). I'll probably run the 600 supersport class. Maybe that will show them they have no room to bitch about us being slow because I was running times about 14 seconds off the fastest amature on either a GSXR600 or 750. The differance is that it was about 40 degrees (on average) out. It was also raining. I could have probably dropped about 6 to 8 seconds (with it being warmer) off of that 14 seconds. We will see (next year) weather I'm blowing off hot air or I'm telling the truth.         See ya at Blackhawk Farms,         Mike Wemmer

dave333

Hey Mike!

You must really suck and ride like a lunatic!  ::) Hope to see you on the track soon... ;D ;D ;D

Super Dave

These guys are supposed to be a step above us. ! These guys started out where we are so they Have no room to bitch about us.

Not necessarily.  But regardless, there was some really slow, dangerous traffic out there.  Didn't recognize the bikes, so I'd be they were guys that followed the NRRS, and they had never been to RA.  The sessions were a bit screwy.  And with Connell turning 2:14's among bikes that are trying to get below 2:30?  You can get the picture.  It wasn't right.
Super Dave

TZDeSioux

Mike Wemmer.... so does that mean that you will remain an amateur next year?  ???

Dawn

I hope not!!!

He needs to give the slow guys a chance out there!   ;)

TZDeSioux

all club racers are slow..  it's true.. Max Biaggi told me so..

ike125

Quoteall club racers are slow..  it's true.. Max Biaggi told me so..

i KNOW im slow !!       but im having fun !!
 as long as (speaking of passing) i keep from thinking about # 966 ccs mw on that suzuki  last time at blackhawk farms (july 21)  STUFFING me horribly on the slowest right hander there (which for me is the second most concentration demander) turn 4 (the bus stop, is it??)
 i couldve been wrong for riding defensive (but i notice that all the top 5 am middleweight guys do it) (since ive KINDA joined em' :-)) (so im trying to hang with the romans in rome?) but he didnt have the room to get under me, which is prob why he appeared in my vision (just as my knee is almost down) he's on one wheel, and fighting it, (the wheels werent pointing the same directions) the front was near sideways pointing to the right  and the rear is higher than my tail section (yes there are witnesses) so he nearly tosses himself over the windscreen, i slow the best i can without dumping on my own, he releases the brake and slams the rear back to the ground, but still with too much speed, instead of taking himself strait ahead and off the track, he grabs the brake again, and you should know from here, he's all but stopped in my path, and i ALMOST get under his "overshoot" but the tires touch, my front and his rear, i tumble hard on a knee that i MRI'd the thurs. previous (prob wouldntve fell if the mri was monday :-) ......... anyway, i had gotten under him going in to t3, and i call it clean (neither of us fell) ( but realy, i was carrying more speed than he was) and dont think it was real close at all, we were having a three way battle for third, but i didnt continue, and he finished 14th, and since i didnt cause either of us to miss that elusive "wood" im a lil peeved (not that i didnt know that falling is possible) but i think that i left out the fact that (as there were three of us passing each other for 3rd 4th and 5th place)
im comfortable in saying that I, was not going to finish that race in front of either of them, the flagger will tell you the same, t7 cornerworkers may have seen it different, but each lap would show both of them passing me waaaaay before the start/finish..........so i think it was a wasted collision, he couldve relaxed, i wasnt going to cross the finish in front of him, and the other guy was whippin us both.

hi dawn   :)       how's paul ???
                   oh, there you are..........hey paul...
and there's brian....wussup ??

anyway 966, i walked away, boys play ruff..... and im still living a dream !!!
ike

Dawn

Ike:

Paul is doing fine.  After his get-off in the carosel at RA, some of the other SV riders are calling him Gumby  ;D  I think we finally got all the gravel out of the bike, but it Paul had to take the calipers, body work and battery out to do it.

Hopefully we will see you at Blackhawk but we have to see how the $$$ situation goes.  

See ya!   ;)