Amateurs at Blackhawk Farms

Started by TZDeSioux, June 05, 2002, 01:00:41 PM

TZDeSioux

Whats happenin Ike! is that what happend at the last blackhawk? I was watching one of your races and I thought you got back on and finished the race?  ???

ike125

QuoteWhats happenin Ike! is that what happend at the last blackhawk? I was watching one of your races and I thought you got back on and finished the race?  ???

well, ................................
ok, i earned myself the 'ground magnet' nik-name that weekend, cuz i was
quite 'out-o-rythm' on the first race on saturday, and went into t7 waaaay to hot, and had to grab waaay to much brake in the attempt to keep the 'rubber down'...but low sided rite outa 5th place in that race too, finished 12th, that was early saturday, and it turned out to be just a slide out (didnt hurt anything), but this one was late on sunday, and after the most races in one weekend for me (7 1/2) i was out of the running for the wood, and pretty sore, oh yeah, fire was in my eyes and steam was escaping my nose and ears, i couldnt see in my helmet, i was PISSED! ready to fight, not race with good common sense or sportsmanship, so i came off, i had another race set up, but was talked out of it, i had so many races because i wanted to try and finish in the top ten for my 1st year (but dont mention it, i know how it goes now)
  i did make it to 18th overall tho, sure to drop following road-a (blown motor) (missed 4 1/2 of 7 races) but it's just nice to see the points and position, it realy comes second to the "feel of the track"  ;D .... i realy didnt think that finishing 12th of 40-45 would feel so good ;D  
anyway, Dawn, Gumby  ;D ::) ;D ..... i say pass the hat, and if you get any extras....... remember where you got the idea  ;)

http://sliderphoto.com/images/080202\images\dsc_1266.jpg
http://sliderphoto.com/images/080202\images\dsc_2051.jpg
http://www.formulausapics.com/2002WI/NRRS/ALL/images/RA0802PM_161.jpg

DanO

anyway 966, i walked away, boys play ruff..... and im still living a dream !!!
ike
Dood...Sorry I was looking for you after that race but I couldn't find you.  Just wanted to say sorry and make sure that you were okay!  Totally my bad.  I wanted to get by you in the bus stop the only prob is (I totally wasn't going too fast at all) I ended up locking up my front tire and didn't want to take you out if I low sided into you.  I just straighted her up and shot straight.  I was hoping that you could squeek behind me. (which you almost did)  Like I said sorry.  I was riding my friend's bike that I've never riden before...heck it wasn't until about half thru the warm up lap I realized that it was a older suzuki...lol.  It was fun tho battling!
Anyways I just wanted to touch base w/ you and say I was sorry!  Crashing sucks.  I couldn't remember your #  I'm glad that I saw your post here.  See you out there and I hope there's no hard feelings. And good luck to you.. :) :)

am125ike

;D
whew...........
what a relief dan,
i did almost get under you, but you know what they say.......
and i waited (and cursed) and waited... but you never showed...

but you've more than made up for it here (tho they call em accidents for a reason, i didnt think you tried it)  so all is good, and it was quit thrilling,
the way you both were walking down the strait.... i think thats what heated me up the most....i was already swearin in my helmet  >:(
 but we all gota start somewhere...
see ya out there again...

good sportsmansh1tz maaaan  2thumbsup :)

Speedballer347

I try to pass wherever the oppertunity arises....inside or out.  I also try and make sure I don't take someone out or 'chop them' off their line once they are committed.
But I have been purposely pushed off into the grass when passing on the outside a few times, too.  Usually by much slower riders, riders that are getting lapped, so there isn't any need to 'block' me. Uncool!

Even got pushed into the grass twice passing on the outside by some jerk streetrider on an R1, at a Gateway TRACKDAY back in March.  Wasn't even a race ::)  
Guy was slooooow, and I was just trying to get around him so I could get up to speed, everytime he saw me he steered his bike to the edge of the track.  Jerk.
Be careful guys  :D
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

TZDeSioux

I'm going to do a 16 second lap at Blackhawk this weekend. That's right... not a 1:16.... but a 16!

Gixxer124

QuoteI'm going to do a 16 second lap at Blackhawk this weekend. That's right... not a 1:16.... but a 16!

Let me guess, a 55 gallon drum of nitrous and a 190 rear? ???

TZDeSioux

You think robocop or maybe batman can do a 16 second lap?

am125ike

QuoteI'm going to do a 16 second lap at Blackhawk this weekend. That's right... not a 1:16.... but a 16!

im thinkin........ ;D
if you bring the goldwing...........
and that 55gallons o nitrous.........we could be fairly comfy,
on this 16 seconder, yeah, we, i wanna go fast!!!