GP's CCS racer, street-Crash vid...

Started by Speedballer347, June 05, 2003, 11:52:15 PM

ericb

QuoteMy bullnuts statement was in reference to you ASSUMING I wouldn't have cared about it if the crash hadn't happened.  I care because I have logged more miles on a bicycle than many people have logged on a motorcycle.  Every time I got on my bicycle I knew I had to deal with the fact someone might not see me and turn me into road pizza.  What I didn't count on was people intentionally making a situation more dangerous than it has to be which would include someone trying to run up close to me while passing or doing a wheelie next to me (or when my friend had her butt grabbed by a guy riding by on a scooter :)).  As far as his word vs. mine, that may be the case, but I'm sure your prime spots for stunting would start getting watched more closely and we all know there aren't that many of them in the first place.

And one last point, can you please explain to me why a race which takes place on a closed circuit can be directly compared to stunt riding which occurs on public streets?  

Please...  ::)  I supposet that you've NEVER ridden over your head on the street.   You've ONLY ridden hard on the track and when you ride on the streets you've ALWAYS ridden the speed limit and you've NEVER tried to go fast in the twisties.   Just because you may have not crashed or come close to hitting someone else by doing this doesn't mean that it isn't just as dangerous as that wheelie.  How do you know what's around the next corner?  You might hit some gravel, oil, or dirt in that next turn, go off the road, and plow over little Timmy playing in his front yard.  I wasn't planning on getting any wheel wobble and then a tank slapper, just like you're not planning on hitting any gravel and then an innocent bystander.  Think about some of the things you've done in the past before you start casting stones.

I'd like to think that I'm a pretty conservative rider and a laid back guy, but the majority of the posts in this thread have really struck a nerve in me.  Spare me the "moral high road" bullshit.  I was trying to learn to do some wheelies on a road that is usually fairly desolate.  It's chosen because it's relatively safe.  I use the word relatively because if you think ridding on a motorcycle is safe, then you're kidding yourself.  

In hindsight, no, I would not have done that wheelie again.  Then again hindsight is 20/20 and I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.  I'll be the first to admit that I make mistakes.  I don't even remember the bicyclist being there.  I guess it just didn't register that he there, I was caught up in the moment.  It's not an excuse, I'm just stating what happened.  I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the people that viewed that video wouldn't have even seen him if speedballer hadn't pointed him out.  Anyway, I'm not gonna try and justify what I did.

It happened almost 2 years ago and I've learned from it.  I think it's fine if you want to point it out to others that doing that wheelie was a mistake, but to go on calling me stupid?  Well....fuck you.   ;D

By the way, this posted isn't meant to be aimed at litespeed.  It's meant for anyone that thumbs their nose at me.  Ok, flame away, I'm done.  :-X

Speedballer347

Well said!!!

If I knew people were gonna get bent, I wouldn't even have posted it....I thought it was funny, so I did.
Like you said, hindsight is 20/20...but I really should have known better putting it on a raceboard :P
Some racers seem to have a 'Holier than thou' morality when it comes to wheelies and stuntz...but as you pointed out, I'll bet 99% of the people racing were (or are) once hammering down backroads at triple-digits.  
A practice far more dangerous to residents, than a guy goofin' a wheelie.

A lot of racers always seem to forget where they came from (backroads) ...or what they used to do (break the law and endanger others).

As I said originally, the guy wheelying, is now a racer (who doesn't streetride anymore) and the wheelie vid is OLD!

Sorry for posting the vid, ericb....and in my opinion you don't need to make any appoligioes for the wheelie, until the whinners come clean and appoligize for all the sh*t they've done on a bike before they found the racetrack.

I hope we all don't start confessing our motorcycle sins....cause I wouldn't know where to start

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

r1owner

QuoteWell said!!!

If I knew people were gonna get bent, I wouldn't even have posted it....I thought it was funny, so I did.
Like you said, hindsight is 20/20...but I really should have known better putting it on a raceboard :P

Yeah man, WTF were you thinking!

Speedballer347

Quote...WTF were you thinking!
When do I ever ::)
The whinners can bite me ;D
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

ericb

QuoteWell said!!!

Some racers seem to have a 'Holier than thou' morality when it comes to wheelies and stuntz...but as you pointed out, I'll bet 99% of the people racing were (or are) once hammering down backroads at triple-digits.  
A practice far more dangerous to residents, than a guy goofin' a wheelie.

A lot of racers always seem to forget where they came from (backroads) ...or what they used to do (break the law and endanger others).

As I said originally, the guy wheelying, is now a racer (who doesn't streetride anymore) and the wheelie vid is OLD!

Sorry for posting the vid, ericb....and in my opinion you don't need to make any appoligioes for the wheelie, until the whinners come clean and appoligize for all the sh*t they've done on a bike before they found the racetrack.

I hope we all don't start confessing our motorcycle sins....cause I wouldn't know where to start

Man, I'm glad you posted it.  I thought it was funny too.    :D