Gateway Trackday 6/13 (Friday the 13th- Mwa ha ha)

Started by tigerblade, June 03, 2003, 11:46:55 AM

tigerblade

I'll settle for not hitting any walls.   :)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

r1owner

QuoteYou racing?  cool!  You can turn 1:13's in your sleep!  :D

Yes, it looks like this will be my only race this year.  I have to have more treatments that will most likely prevent me from racing this year :(

I am still recovering from surgery, but since this is the only chance I'll get this year, I'm going for it!

Well, I don't know what you're running, but at that trackday, there was no way I was going to even keep you in sight!  :o

motomadness

QuoteOMG, I won't put any stock into the forecast until the day before.  Otherwise the forecasters can't tell squat here in the Midwest.  I want their job.  I could be wrong all the time and still keep my job!  

They predicted what was going to happen at BHF last week, 15 days before the event.  They also did a fairly good job predicting the weather at Gingerman two weeks prior to that.

sdiver68

12's to 18's depending on what I was trying to accomplish for that session.  That was only because it was your first time on in awhile.  I've seen you chase down guys running 10's and 11's bigtime!

It will be good to see you out there!  ;D
MCRA Race School Instructor

Super_KC124

QuoteIf you aren't turning 1:13's in the GT races, you will get lapped  ;D  
I'm shooting for 11's or 12's.  :o I hope.

Gixxer124

QuoteI'm shooting for 11's or 12's.  :o I hope.
If I can do this, I will "earn" my sandbagger title! :P

r1owner

Quote12's to 18's depending on what I was trying to accomplish for that session.  That was only because it was your first time on in awhile.  I've seen you chase down guys running 10's and 11's bigtime!

It will be good to see you out there!  ;D

Thanks!

I have no idea what I was running that day (trackday), but it did get a lot better by the end of the day.  I was certainly a little rusty.  :)

I know I won't try to run too fast straight away again like last year though! HEHE.  I was trying too hard to keep up with the fast guys (I.E. you, speedballer and Lachavich).

harb990

Scott

You can run with me - I won't be rolling all that fast - my goal is to not be lapped by Gordon on the last lap of the sprint races like I was last year.

Cary

r1owner

QuoteScott

You can run with me - I won't be rolling all that fast - my goal is to not be lapped by Gordon on the last lap of the sprint races like I was last year.

Cary

Sounds good to me.

harb990

see you there - I still don't know about this "sleeping in"  but I guess we will deal with it

Later

Cary  

r1owner

Quotesee you there - I still don't know about this "sleeping in"  but I guess we will deal with it

Later

Cary  

Cary,

I won't be able to make the Friday trackday.  I took too much sick time earlier this year, so I don't think I'll be able to get that Friday.  

I will come over for lunch though since I am working just across the river.

I'll be there Saturday.

Gixxer124

QuoteI'm shooting for 11's or 12's.  :o I hope.
I'm changing my plan. I'll ride to have fun and see what happens.