News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Which Tire

Started by TreyBone, May 30, 2003, 09:20:32 AM

TreyBone

Just a pole to see where everyone is at.  I just switched to Michelin and will be giving them a test at Kershaw next weekend.

MightyDuc Racing

Dunlops for now, but not sure what the future may hold. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

LSTD

I switched from Pirelli/Metzeler to Bridgestone, and two other friends/fellow racers switched from Dunlop... this season.  For what it's worth, the Bridgestone's have definitely met our expectations when comparing them to our previously used rubber.  We were pushing the tires somewhat slowly at the beginning, but we're treating them like a "real race tire" now.

We have either matched, or bettered or previous lap times... so we're pretty happy... and you can't beat the price.  I'm elaborating on this because I was really apprehensive at first, but the Bridgestones are the real deal.

If anybody is thinking about trying them, but is unsure what compound to try first, etc, feel free to e-mail me:  jeff@lonestartrackdays.com

My $.02

MELK-MAN

Michelin all the way baby.. 6 seconds off track record at Jennings on my clapped out F4, the tires cant be all that bad..;D
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Litespeed

QuoteI switched from Pirelli/Metzeler to Bridgestone, and two other friends/fellow racers switched from Dunlop...

I came over to Bridgestone from a full year of Pirelli's on my 600 and a couple of track days with Michelin H2's and Slicks on my RC51.  I needed tires for the 51 and the new 001's were available in the 190/55 size so I tried them.  I knocked a full second off my lap times from the Michelin slicks immediately and even though I know better, have logged a ton of miles on that first set.  I was still one of the faster riders at last weekends track day even though the tires have well over 200 laps on them.  I won't buy anything else.

TreyBone

Well how much is a set of Bridgestone's 160/120?

The michelins I just got, the front tire is a 120/60 instead of a 70. It was made for the sv's from what I've been told. We'll see next weekend ;D

skara

going to switch to bridgestone from dunlop
this weekend main reason is price however everyone i talk to who has tried them say they are at least equal
and i heard they will have new compounds out later this year

MightyDuc Racing

Right now...until Dunlop runs out of last year's 208 compound for $250, I can't switch. ;)  That will be soon though, I think.  I have a set on with only three sessions and 4 races, so I'll get through practice on them at the next round, then put my last set on after that and try to get 4 races and then practice and 4 races again out of 'em.  Then I may try the Bridgestones.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

dwtennis

Trey,

Ask Stickboy about the 001s.

www.DBMotorsportsRacing

See you at Roebling.

Doug

dryheat

QuoteI was still one of the faster riders at last weekends track day even though the tires have well over 200 laps on them.  I won't buy anything else.

Hey Litespeed, was it your RC51 (primered tailpiece)  I passed on the straight before T13 at AMP... on my Michelins (S2/M2)?  ;D ;D ...Ducati 996... yellow... #93... ;)

Anyway, I love the S2/M2 combo for the conditions here in the desert. The Michelin S2 has got to be one of the best fronts I've tried. Don't last a long here in the heat, though. I haven't tried the Pirelli's this year, I hear some rave reviews from them... probably stick with the Michelins though.

funksouljon

Hey, I didn't see Avons on the list! What gives?

TreyBone