News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Which Tire

Started by TreyBone, May 30, 2003, 09:20:32 AM

Litespeed

QuoteHey Litespeed, was it your RC51 (primered tailpiece)  I passed on the straight before T13 at AMP... on my Michelins (S2/M2)?  ;D ;D ...Ducati 996... yellow... #93... ;)

Unless you pulled a James Bond and made yourself invisible I'm pretty sure it wasn't me ;D.

dryheat

Call me Bond... James Bond. ;D

Hmmm.... I thought it was your 51 that had the unfinished tail piece... oh, well... guess I'm wrong... sorry 'bout that, guess we we're riding in seperate groups.

Super Dave

Avon's?  Yes, they have made some tires.  Used them quite some time ago.  

Now, I am back to using Michelin's.  Actually used an M2rear and an M2 front.  I'd like to complain, but I was two seconds off the lap record, maybe less, at Blackhawk...on a borrowed bike with a stock rear shock.  I'll take it.  Used the tires for practice on Sat and Sun in addition to GTU and four sprints.  I could have gone a bit faster, but the rear spring wasn't enough, so it made the bike a bit weird in some places.  

I'll still take the weekend.  It was all right!
Super Dave

Dawn

Paul just switched from Pirelli to Michelin on his SV and is doing very well.

Dawn :)

TreyBone

I mean you really got to look at the advantages/disadvantages.

Pirelli = 325.00 per set
Michelin = 253.00 per set

That is 72.00 cheaper per set of tires which computes to 720.00 per season savings ;D

racer865

I'll pay the difference just so I don't have to deal with frank k.

MELK-MAN

QuoteI mean you really got to look at the advantages/disadvantages.

Pirelli = 325.00 per set
Michelin = 253.00 per set

That is 72.00 cheaper per set of tires which computes to 720.00 per season savings ;D

I wish the savings were that big.. running medium or soft michelins are $330 per set, but the contingency is great. Pirelli is pretty close.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Super Dave

QuoteI'll pay the difference just so I don't have to deal with frank k.

Ouch!   :o

What's wrong with Frank?  
Super Dave

TreyBone

The price for the 160/120 are the same no matter what choice of compound you use.  

I'm feeling ya racer865. I feel the same way to ...  but 72.00 bucks is a huge difference. It's just rubber. :-/