News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

"Cherry Picker"

Started by hdpromos, May 27, 2003, 08:35:59 PM

MELK-MAN

QuoteThose were the days, 2 TZ750's dukeing it out and several Eddie Lawson Kz 1000's (the factory kitted superbike models) H D R. Shaw, D Chauncey, J Ashmeade, E Kickliter, boy was it fun to watch!!
Hey Greg great riding Mon. I was w/ you for a while in MWSS till minor F---up! crashing sucks! looking for new forks Senior Pena on my arse in T 11 pushed too hard .....ooops!

James,
Thanks, Pena is fast. the fastest that ive raced with in a AM class this year for sure. Did you ever ride with him "way back?" How friggin old are you man? im 35 and thought i was kinda old getting into this but is is sooo much easier on the bod than motoxing was. David White has front end he was considering selling. Did you talk with him..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Jbeard90

39 is the age and it is easier on the bod if you dont take a tumble (felt fine Mon. nite Tues morn. but was hit hard about noon.) Man am I sore. I can still do the same things I did when I was 18 just not as often. Yes David gave me his # but did not sound too sure at time or maybe I was groggy LOL.

CCS_106

Yes I was thinking of selling the front end and will as soon as I get the 03 R6.  Sure as excrement I would need it if I sold it before I get my new bike.  Will know in a few days if I have a sponsorship deal on one.

Dave

MELK-MAN

QuoteYes I was thinking of selling the front end and will as soon as I get the 03 R6.  Sure as excrement I would need it if I sold it before I get my new bike.  Will know in a few days if I have a sponsorship deal on one.

Dave

"sure as excrement"... holy cow. havent heard that one.
Dave, i promise to flush from now on. :-X

Bsmedic

"I can still do the same things I did when I was 18 just not as often."

Jim,
The laws protect little boys from stuff like that now. You sicko!!!!!!!

MELK-MAN

Quote"I can still do the same things I did when I was 18 just not as often."

Jim,
The laws protect little boys from stuff like that now. You sicko!!!!!!!

the thread has officially gone to hell. ;D

hdpromos

Miguel Pena has been notified, that he is now an expert. He agreed and was a gentleman about it. I expect he will be a fine expert class rider in our series.

HD

MELK-MAN

QuoteMiguel Pena has been notified, that he is now an expert. He agreed and was a gentleman about it. I expect he will be a fine expert class rider in our series.

HD

How good was he? some of the guys i have met in CCS remembered him as blazingly fast. Then there was mention of a national championship of Mexico or something. Was/is he that good??

hdpromos

All I know at this point is that he raced with us a few years ago and earned enough points to move to expert. But he did not return to the series until now. Regardless of anything else, he is now an expert. Ask him at the next race. He speaks pretty good english  ;D.

HD

ninelives59

there are a bunch of penta's out there.you cant say he is cherrypicking.I see alot of yellow plate riders out there this year that still remain as yellow plate riders. what gives?  
CCS FLORIDA  #6
9LIVESRACING
PIRELLI TIRES
WWR DESIGNS
EXTREME PHOTO'S

MELK-MAN

Quotethere are a bunch of penta's out there.you cant say he is cherrypicking.I see alot of yellow plate riders out there this year that still remain as yellow plate riders. what gives?  

Yellow plates that ran all last year and that are winning races this year? dont see any problem with staying am. if you having a good time BUT not winning everyting..thats why there is an am class right?
My friend pointed out and i agree, having Miguel out there was not a problem. Pena is a nice guy and hey, he hasnt raced in quite some time. Nobody that i know of was angry or whining that he should have been Ex that 1st day back. Hell, i got a kick outa having a lead only to have him come by through turn 2 twice in 2 races..Was a little anctious about having a fast guy ride with us. My friend Dave got me all syked out cause he knew him as "the AXE" from a few years back.

ninelives59

he is a nice guy,I have had no problems with him on the track.He has not been racing for two years now.I just dont see the big deal about him coming back as a yellow plate rider. :-/  
CCS FLORIDA  #6
9LIVESRACING
PIRELLI TIRES
WWR DESIGNS
EXTREME PHOTO'S