News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

"Cherry Picker"

Started by hdpromos, May 27, 2003, 08:35:59 PM

hdpromos

I do believe you guys are right on the money, regarding Miguel Pena at Moroso on Memorial Day. After we check out his experience a little further. I think the next time you see him, he'll have white plates (same number)!

HD

MELK-MAN

It sure was neat to watch him through the turn.. or 2.. that we on track were able to see him ;D. Very smooth rider and fast. Very nice guy too considering he has "THE AXE" on the back of his leathers.

HD. Any news on Darrin Mulvaneys foot condition. He seemed in good spirits but was not sure if he broke anything.  :'(
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

hdpromos

Melkman, you are right Pena is a really fast rider and a very nice guy. We have not seen him in a few years. Frankly I did not know he was entered (post) until after he was in several races. I probably would have let him start back as an amateur if I had known. And watched his results to determine whether to move him to expert. We have now seen his results and he will be moving.
I spoke to Darren Mulvaney last night. He has some broken bones in his foot and is going to an orthopedic doctor today. He blew the start and was trying a little to hard to make up for it too soon! He will be fine. We had a few other injuries but all will be fine.

HD

mmills416

Henry,  how is Gino?  I saw Tony there later in the day and he said he just had his bell rung.

hdpromos

He is fine. I spoke to him last night.

HD

MightyDuc Racing

I talked to Gino yesterday.  He's doing well, just got a nasty concussion.  He didn't remember much after the first lap.  He has video on his bike and saw that he was taken out in the chicane by a rider that overshot it and hit him when he turned in.  He wasn't sure who it was, but did say the guy tried to apologize near his pits to the people around there I guess.  He said he will probably miss the next round cuz of work but then be back for the following one.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MELK-MAN

Glad to hear the riders noted above are banged up but will be ok considering..I know Darrin was looking forward to many championships this year and will have a hard time now to retake points leads.
    The chicanes may contribute to some lower speed crashes, but personally I believe it is better than constant very high speeds all around the track that could contribute to a more horrific crash. It also appears to makes for better racing giving lower hp bikes at least a fighting chance with braking manouvers..  :)

MightyDuc Racing

I like the chicanes too...not sure why everybody complains about 'em.  It helps to make all three of our Florida tracks different.  Homestead, high speed corner entries from the straights...Moroso, point and shoot with heavy braking areas, and Jennings, free flowing pure corner speed track with very little braking.  Makes for a good mix if you ask me. :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

ceesthadees

That is a good observation MD, but Moroso really chews up my front tire (no way could the reason be that I weigh an eight of a ton ;D)

bmfgsxr

cherry picking is lame. give someone else a chance!

MELK-MAN

QuoteThat is a good observation MD, but Moroso really chews up my front tire (no way could the reason be that I weigh an eight of a ton ;D)

eighth of a ton.. holy moly :-X

MightyDuc Racing

I'm only a 10th of a ton. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: