News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

"Cherry Picker"

Started by hdpromos, May 27, 2003, 08:35:59 PM

Bsmedic

First of all, I'm glad everyone is alright from this past weekend. Get better quick guys.  

Now for Greg......
" The chicanes may contribute to some lower speed crashes, but personally I believe it is better than constant very high speeds all around the track that could contribute to a more horrific crash. It also appears to makes for better racing giving lower hp bikes at least a fighting chance with braking manouvers.."  

Did you ever see the orginal moroso? It was great without the bus stops. I had the privilege of growing up at Moroso watching the races and only remember one incident on the "fast" part of the track. There were only a hand full of riders that could hold it open going threw the esse's. It was awesome!! Anyways,  I don't think speed doesn't contributes to accidents, we do (rider error). I know two #79's that have raced there, one won't do it anymore because of the bus stops and the other is promoter of it. HD, do you think speed is a factor of crashes, or is it rider error? I'm not saying you're wrong greg or I'm right. I just think it would more safer without them.

MightyDuc Racing

You might be right.  I went and watched there way back in the late 80's a couple times when we lived in West Palm.  I remember Rick winning basically every race all day long...lol.  Unfortunately, I never got to ride the track before the chicanes, so I can't give a valid opinion on the differences.  I just like every track cuz I'm so new still. :D  I bet that track would be a lot of fun trying to stay WFO through the esses where the chicane is now!  Do the car guys still use the lod layout (aside from the newest chicane due to the extended drag wall)?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Bsmedic

Rick is one of the #79 riders...

Trivia question..... Who was the other #79 that used to win there?

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MELK-MAN

QuoteFirst of all, I'm glad everyone is alright from this past weekend. Get better quick guys.  

Now for Greg......
" The chicanes may contribute to some lower speed crashes, but personally I believe it is better than constant very high speeds all around the track that could contribute to a more horrific crash. It also appears to makes for better racing giving lower hp bikes at least a fighting chance with braking manouvers.."  

Did you ever see the orginal moroso? It was great without the bus stops. I had the privilege of growing up at Moroso watching the races and only remember one incident on the "fast" part of the track. There were only a hand full of riders that could hold it open going threw the esse's. It was awesome!! Anyways,  I don't think speed doesn't contributes to accidents, we do (rider error). I know two #79's that have raced there, one won't do it anymore because of the bus stops and the other is promoter of it. HD, do you think speed is a factor of crashes, or is it rider error? I'm not saying you're wrong greg or I'm right. I just think it would more safer without them.

Brian- Good points. no, i did not have the opportunity to see races there pre-chicanes. Im sure it was awesome to watch from a spectator point of view. It appears most riders feel that it was better before as well. I have only raced 5 times and only been to 1 (Daytona 02) live race. It appears this is going to be the trend however with Road Atlanta doing the same this year to slow the speeds. Is rider saftey the issue with these chicanes? That is what i understand from others. Does it make it safer? im hardly qualified to say.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Jbeard90

H.D. of course and he owned the place. I raced at the old Moroso for nearly ten years. I liked the old track but don't dislike the new track. we do have to slow them down cause if we didnt the speeds down the front straight would be outrageous ( probably run 1:15s in shoot out). Love t3&4 so-so on 5&6 front straight chicane could be a little more flowing.
Just my 2 cents.by the way shootouts in 1980's the most exciting ever at Moroso

MELK-MAN

this thread is now officially "MOROSO.. OLD VS. NEW".. ;D

good point James. Like MD pointed out, we have fast flowing at Jennings. The new moroso adds a technical aspect i now look forward to practicing. Slowing way down with multiple downshifts..i can see BShaws view however about preserving history and how the riders who have been around would view it. I never realized Henry D. was such a BAD ASS!!

BS. any news on the wisps of smoke??
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

The way I hear it, Henry was the man.  Anybody brave enough to race a TZ750 is cool in my book. ;D  I still gotta get On Any Sunday 2 so I can see him fall off in the chicane at Daytona...DOH!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Jbeard90

You coulda seen it in the opening for ABC's Wide world of sports I beleive. Mighty Duck you might be too young for that LOL

MightyDuc Racing

You mean the one with the guy tumbling off the ski jump?  I loved that show!  I just don't remember the motorcycle part...hmm.  I bet I have an old video tape of something from that, just wouldn't know where to look.  MAN, Henry's old!!! ;D ;D ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Jbeard90

Those were the days, 2 TZ750's dukeing it out and several Eddie Lawson Kz 1000's (the factory kitted superbike models) H D R. Shaw, D Chauncey, J Ashmeade, E Kickliter, boy was it fun to watch!!
Hey Greg great riding Mon. I was w/ you for a while in MWSS till minor F---up! crashing sucks! looking for new forks Senior Pena on my arse in T 11 pushed too hard .....ooops!

Jbeard90