News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Looking for Mightyduc update

Started by james-redsv, May 26, 2003, 05:32:29 AM

ScubaSteve

LOL your wife is cool!!! Just cant wait to see your guys face when i give you the present. ;D. Greg stop[ playing on the computer your turning into mighty duck with your post in every site!!!!! :D j/k. Bryan you know you werent the only one to go in the water before my supersport race some guy on a SV went in on the warm-up lap!!!!!
Steve

CCS FL

MightyDuc Racing

Yeah, I heard.  I guess better the water than the wall, right?  I figured out basically what had happened to me, I think.  I was getting that corner wrong all day and apexing it too soon.  When I picked up the throttle, I must have been leand way too far over for ANY throttle and that caused it to step out.  During the MW GP, I think I finally got it right.  Oh well...we'll find out in July if I can pick the pace back up.  I think I can run in the mid 1:45-1:46 range there once I stop babying it through there...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

EmerWil

I happened to be sitting at pit out mid afternoon on Monday after getting most of the cafe cleaned up.  A rider came in with his visor up and he said "I can't see!!".  Reason being was that the visor was about 80% covered with mud.  Ugh...what a mess.

There was a hole in 4 riders left that one of the cornerworkers was talking about.  I believe it was passed on to track maintenance so they could patch it.  Was that the same one you guys were hitting?

Will

EmerWil

I hate when I get mightduc and duc pond racing confused...

<--hangs head in shame :(

MightyDuc Racing

It was off of turn 10 and 11 (long right hander).  There was basically a 2 foot deep lake on the outside at the exit of the corner.  If you go off track there, you are done.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

EmerWil

this was at Moroso...I thought for some reason u were talking about Summit Point.  

Turn 11 means something completely different at Summit. heh heh.

:o :o :o

mmills416

forget about air fence I suggest we use small pools of water before a fence.  Its already been tested by Brain.  I got a great view of it and it looked like the scenes in the Matrix and Speed when the cars hit the hydro barrier.  Brain you did good I hope my advice helped.

MightyDuc Racing

I had pretty much planned on laying back on my wife's suggestion as well.  I basically did exactly what you said, except I waited 1 lap too many to push in LW GP, but that's totally okay with me.  By MW GP, I finally was getting through that right hander fairly well, and it was fun having a bike with more straightaway speed than me to race with.  I just wish I hadn't lost my brakes, I was having a blast racing with Jim McKillip on his R6!  At least I have a long break between rounds to get everything fixed.  My boots lost their soles and I ripped a glove, so I need new gear too. :(  By the way, the water is pretty friendly to the rider for the most part...pretty nasty tumble turned into a bruised shoulder and stiff neck.   My boots, gloves, helmet, and leathers didn't fair quite as well though. :o ;D

Great job this weekend Mills, another 3 wins to add on to your already impressive season!  Congrats!!! :D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

ScubaSteve

Quoteforget about air fence I suggest we use small pools of water before a fence.  Its already been tested by Brain.  I got a great view of it and it looked like the scenes in the Matrix and Speed when the cars hit the hydro barrier.  Brain you did good I hope my advice helped.

It was pretty awesome i saw him jump up so i knew he was ok and i couldnt help but laugh because i was joking earlier about DUCS in the pond.i almost missed the chicane at the end of the straight because of it. Thanks for the pointers Mills helped out alot. I think im going to look into the motor stuff now you and bryan just walk away down the straights. If the race was over by the 1st turn i wouldve won them all. LOL
Steve

CCS FL

mmills416

I just ordered new clutch plates, but I suck anyway

ScubaSteve

QuoteI just ordered new clutch plates, but I suck anyway

Damn you a kicking the hell outta us wish i sucked that bad!!! ;D
Steve

CCS FL

Pit_Girl

QuoteOh yeah...my wife now calls me...MightyDuc Racing, by land, sea, and air! ;D

that SO sounds like something i would say to nate... hehehe

-jennifer