News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

When you're good, you're good...

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 22, 2003, 06:11:42 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Just finished polishing the bike.  It doesn't look too bad all things considered.  However, just as I was putting it back in the corner of the garage to make room for my dad's bike and the car, I missed the stand and dropped it on it's left side. :o  In the words of the great Butthead..."Damn, I'm smooth."  Fortunately, all it did was bust the clutch lever, of which I had two spares.  Five minute fix, but can a guy catch a break already or what?  Anybody else done this?  Jeez. :-/
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

r1owner

HEHE!  I had about 100 miles on my GSXR (breaking it in before I got it ready for the track), when it got away from me and fell into the wall.  Several small scratches and a small dent in the tank.

EVERY bike i've owned (save my R1) has had something like that happen to it.  ;D

ScubaSteve

Maybe you are just getting the bad luck outta the way before the weekend ;D :P
Steve

CCS FL

MELK-MAN

Quote Maybe you are just getting the bad luck outta the way before the weekend ;D :P

AMEN!!!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

brookester

When the bike falls, just throw  yourself under it. ;)

brookester

That's what I did to my GSXR 7/11 way back when Gixxers were heavy.

MightyDuc Racing

I was at the back of it, and slowed it way down before it landed.  Thus, just a clutch lever pretzeled...lol.  Steve and Greg...I was thinking (hoping) the same thing. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Jeff

QuoteWhen the bike falls, just throw  yourself under it. ;)

As quoted from:
http://www.cbr600f4.com/secondary_pages/lame.html

The Lamest "bike" crash you've ever heard by "Dirty" Larry Fouts

O.K. here is my story really short and really lame. Friday night I was getting my 98 CBR900RR ready for my area's annual toys for tots ride,(very excited we usually get 100-150 bikes) everything is going well just polished the frame and swing arm, bike looks good I am just about finished when oh crap, I had forgotten to lube the chain. So I break out my trusty LP swing arm stand, chain is lubed, as I stand up I bump the rear of my bike it jumped forward and started to slide off of the stand as I ran around the right side of the bike to catch it my left leg caught on the swing arm. Well when my left leg stopped, my right kept going and I ended up doing a baseball type slide right as the bike fell over on my right leg. I heard a slight pop and when I pulled my leg out my foot was facing in a direction I had never seen it point before. To make a long story short. 5 inch Titainium plate and 6 screws (permanent) in my right tibia and I should be just fine in about 2 months or so. Well now isn't that the lamest non crash motorcycle story you have ever heard?

Thanks
"Dirty" Larry Fouts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JeF4y's comments

If this were me, all I could see is the conversation while on the garage floor that would be something like this:

"You'd better lift honey because I'm *NOT* going to the hospital until that bike is upright!"

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

MightyDuc Racing

Thanks...at least I didn't get hurt. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Baltobuell

Brought my bike home in a pickup after purchase and promptly highsided on the ramp unloading denting the tank. But I think JeF4y is the winner of the tuff luck stories. Get well soon.

KBOlsen

Baltobuell, we did the same thing with the Gixxer John had bought me.  Bike was 3/4 of the way down the ramp when the back wheel slipped off (board was a tad icy) and we put a healthy crack in the bottom of the fairing.  I'm surprised he didn't make me sleep in the garage after THAT one! ::)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

madanalyst

Buddy Melk enticed me to buy a bike.  I did.  A nearly new 00 R6 with about 1K miles.  Within the first 4 hrs of owning the bike, it was totaled and i was walking around the Street (on a broken foot) looking for the shoes that had been removed from my feet -- all with Melk watching in amazement.  Lesson learned -- have insurance before you ride and don't count on Harley riding experiencing is navigating even the simplest of turns.  In retrospect, the turn where i recked could have been negotiated on a go-ped 10x the speed i was traveling.  

Melk -- give me a call at home.