News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Congratulations to Kevin Hanson

Started by Dawn, May 19, 2003, 04:21:44 PM

Dawn

Kevin (a local MW guy) finished 16th in the Formula Extreme AMA race at Road Atlanta.

Way to go!

Dawn   ;D

dave333

Congrats, Kevin.  You are smokin' fast!  What's next on your agenda?

K3 Chris Onwiler

I ordered a set of Hyperpro springs from Kevin.  Soon I'll be that fast, too!!! ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

StumpysWife

Big Joke, Stumpy bought his used rains from Kevin and scooted like crazy on 'em!  

Congratulations Kevin!!!  We'll be cheering for you at Road America!!!!!!

SliderPhoto

Yeah, it was cool to get some one-on-one with Kevin at Super Dave's last school.

KBOlsen

WOOHOO!!!  Way to go, Kevin! ;D 8) ;D 8)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

MightyDuc Racing

Congrats Kevin...GO CCS RACERS!!!! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

sdiver68

MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

It was good.  Didn't get the results that I wanted for him, but he'd never been to Road Atlanta.  Sears (Infineon) was a wash out for him.  

My cell phone bill will hurt with all the suspension ideas we were trying before and after practice and qualifying.  

Next for Kevin should be Pikes Peak.  I can't go, again, but I'll be working with him at Road America.
Super Dave

khanson

Thanks guys for all the kudos!  Yeah, Road Atlanta is a really fun track.  Bumpy like the old Blackhawk, but a lot of fun.

This was technically my first big AMA weekend with Sears being a wash.  I walked away with a big learning curve.

First thing learned- Get to track, unload bike, strap it on and learn the track at 10 seconds off race pace in your first session out having no idea where you are going.

Second- Make the most of every single track session.  The local guys are way fast and you are still learning the track and RIDE REALLY FAST!

Third- Fresh tires are key!  I had a rear on that had 12-15 laps and was spinning for qualifying.  Put a new rear on and instantly went 3/4 second faster in qualifying.  This equates to ONE LARGE TIRE BILL FOR THE WEEKEND!

Fourth- Above all else. Have Fun!

I walked away raising my riding to a new level and having to push myself really hard to new levels to keep up.  I just missed qualifying for superbike, which was disappointing. However, I have a weekend under my belt and am getting an understanding of what it takes.

And, it was cool sitting on the grid right behind Doug Chandler and getting a good launch following him into turn one.

Next week at Pikes, I'm looking to improve my finishes and qualify for SB and do well.  I realized now I can ride at this level.

thanks everyone!  And 170hp rules over 110 from last year!

Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309

Chef

BIG UPS !!!....

GO CCS RACERS !!!!    GO MID-WEST !!!

GO FAR!

U DA MAN.

Chef
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

diesel748

Congrat's Kev.
It is so great to see somebody you know do so well. Let's see a top 10 next time. Be safe and good luck!!!!!!