News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

From Cycle News...

Started by PJ, May 19, 2003, 01:59:27 PM

OmniGLH

HAHAHAHAHA LOL.

Man this broken shoulder thing has been working out more than I EVER thought it would!!!

Who's down for competing in the JPRRC?  (the Jim Ptak Road Racing Championship.)  We'll hit all the tracks convenient to ME.  BHF, Gateway, Grattan, Gingerman, Putnam, and RA if we can afford it.  Might not be able to offer you contingency or prize money, but I'd hope to not have as many headaches....
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

motomadness

the_weggie_man

This will free up a weekend for me ..... Hmmm, guess I'll have to break out the golf clubs for that weeekend.

StumpysWife

This reallllllllyyyy sucks.  We had a bunch of pals making plans to go down to RA since it's only ~4 hours away, making it the close track to us.  I don't think they want to go to Topeka.  Heck, I don't think we do.  Better go call Stumpy now.......

Jeez Louise.

StumpysWife

According to the Heartland website, the same person who owns BHF took over Heartland April 3.  Perhaps this is a factor...

I love the reference to formulausa.com but no info on the website regarding the schedule change.  Am I just not seeing it?  Sorry guys, I get annoyed when I don't have all the info.  

I just really feel for the racers who don't frequent this board. How do they get their info?  

OK--off to randmcnally.com to get my mileage charts....tropical Topeka....

Xian_13

Okay time for me to pipe in.... ;D

Riders Meeting at Gingerman Saturday... RA was brought up.
Race director states this was just a rumor, of course he said it in such a way it seemed like he was NOT supposed to speak about this.

If CCS pulls out of RA, I think I might just pull out of CCS.
I am still a little ticked off about the jacked up fee at RA for those of us who didn't preregister.  >:(

As far as going to Kansas... I have my doubts that I will make that trip. If they added the date yet still kept the RA date, I would be more inclined to take the time to drive out there.
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

sdiver68

This makes little sense.  CCS was bragging about record numbers at last year's RA/FUSA event.  My guess is RA was raising the fees to some ungodly level, and oh by the way the new ownership of Heartland Park has a great relationship with CCS and needs some revenue to upgrade the track and facilities.  In this scenario, CCS negotiated with RA for reasonable fees using Heartland Park as Plan B, RA didn't bite, so Plan B became reality.

Maybe the next shoe to drop is WERA gets Road America and CCS gets Putnam...since WERA may have worn their welcome out there.  Or, maybe CRA would like a Road America event.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Jeff

QuoteThis will free up a weekend for me ..... Hmmm, guess I'll have to break out the golf clubs for that weeekend.

You have money for anything unrelated to racing?  Oh man... you're dipping into them charity funds aren't you!  :o
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tshort

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

[size=8]W T F[/size]

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Pit_Girl

Quote>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

[size=8]W T F[/size]

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

my thoughts (and probably nate's) exactly.

i guess they wont be getting my money.  i can just barely get the 'rents to agree to letting me take the car to RA and BHF, but i dont think i could swing F***ing Kansas!!! >:(
 i'm not even a racer and i see that CCS sux (sorry Tiff :-/)

-jennifer

lil_thorny

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteThe thing that really bites in the fact that I have set my vacation schedule (now I need 1-2 days more travel/recovery time) and budget for 10 rounds in the GL regional area (WI, IL, MI and part of MO).  I was even planning on going to Barber just because it's a new track.  I'm sure Topeka is nice, but doubt it's worth ($$$) my time.

Just look it up:
847 miles.  Is it worth it?

Heartland Park has been a topic several times recently and has brought about a variety of responses. I personally like the layout of the track and have raced there a number of times, even though it is one of the farthest tracks from me. I previously made the statement that I would like to race there again if they fixed the main flaw with that track - the cracks plagueing the track surface and the sealer used to cover them. The sealer that covers these cracks is like Jello and provides little traction, especially when hot or wet. It's almost hard to describe just how much of this stuff is on the track and how it can dictate your lines.
     Otherwise you just have to be a little cautious when you transition from the last turn onto the dragstrip (which can be slippery, especially when wet!) due to the concrete walls along the sides of the dragstrip, which could sure use some Airfence where you transition from the last turn.
     Heartland Park is not at the same level as RA and shouldn't require the extra fees we encounter there. Not too thrilled about the timing of this event at that location either, being that it will be in the heat of the summer, RA would be a better choice at that time of the season.
     I will go to the event, but may not run ULGP due to the requirement of a FUSA upgrade to run a few of the normal regional classes(as discussed elsewhere) which I still think is BOGUS!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96