From Cycle News...

Started by PJ, May 19, 2003, 01:59:27 PM

PJ

Bad news for Midwest racers who might not think Heartland Park for Road America is a good trade.

According to CycleNews.com, the following release is from Formula USA...

Formula USA/CCS announced today that the August 8-10 Formula USA Championship Series, Championship Cup Series, and XSBA Freestyle round of competition at Elkhart Lake's Road America has been moved to Heartland Park-Topeka near Topeka Kansas. The event at Heartland Park-Topeka will take place on the same date, August 8-10.

Heartland Park Topeka will feature the exact same line-up of classes originally scheduled for Road America on August 8-10 including complete Formula USA, Championship Cup Series, and XSBA rounds of competition.

Premier classes on the schedule will include Formula USA Sportbike and Superbike classes, as well as Unlimited Grand Prix, Thunderbike, and the "Heartland 200" on Friday, August 8.

According to Kevin Elliott, Director of Competition, "Heartland Park provides a great central location for this classic mid-summer Pro-Am road race event, and we are very pleased to be able to bring this event to the Topeka area, which has hosted an array of professional motor sports events over the past decade."

All race entries for Road America will be applied to the Heartland Park-Topeka event, unless otherwise notifying CCS in advance.

For weekend schedules, ticket information and more... visit FormulaUSA.com.

Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Super_KC124

I'd rather race at Road America, but Heartland Park is an 1 1/2 hours from my house. ;D ;D

Dawn

Whew...

Thank goodness I didn't put my pre-entries in for that date.

Dawn   :)

motomadness

WHAT?????  >:(

I live in Michigan now, and race in the Great Lakes Region.  Road America is far enough as it is and the only chance of being at a FUSA event all season.  Now it's going to be in Kansas?

Was the change due to construction issues or fees at Road America?

Matter of fact this puts both Mid-West FUSA rounds in the Great Plains Region more than the Mid-West or the Great Lakes Regions.  And GP also gets Barber too.  I guess this is the year to be in the GP Region.

May I ask that all GL Region Lightweight GP racers (all GL racers for that matter) boycott this round so the GL Regional championship(s) can at least be contested in our region.

Super_KC124

I feel the same way about Gingerman and Barber. Great Plains my arse! (Road Am. too.)

KBOlsen

Bummer.  Guess we won't be going there. :(
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Dawn

Hopefully they are just moving the FUSA date and not making it a CCS MW date.  Looking at the last schedule from BHF it state TBA on the August date.

Dawn   ;)

motomadness

I feel for ya.  I guess I got spoiled living in Chicago.  Now that I am 4.5 hours to the East, I'm starting to feel the pain.  

The thing that really bites in the fact that I have set my vacation schedule (now I need 1-2 days more travel/recovery time) and budget for 10 rounds in the GL regional area (WI, IL, MI and part of MO).  I was even planning on going to Barber just because it's a new track.  I'm sure Topeka is nice, but doubt it's worth ($$$) my time.

Just look it up:
847 miles.  Is it worth it?

Was this even announced in a CCS/FUSA newsletter?

Dawn

QuoteWas this even announced in a CCS/FUSA newsletter?

Newsletters? We get newsletters?  The only one we received was the Daytona/RA mailer.

Dawn   :-/

Jeff

Man does that SUCK!

I'm betting it's a $$$ thing and not a construction or "the fabulous motorsports" yada yada yada...

I was really hoping for some time at Road A since my last weekend I dropped +$400 in entry fees and then promptly blew my motor.  No refund, not even a race credit...

AMA will at least offer a credit...

Heck, I wasn't even asking dollar for dollar...  Give me a free entry to a blackhawk event...

So who wants to organize some ad-hoc racing at BHF on the friday practice days?  Reasonable entry fees!!!  I've got a stack of wood we can use too :-)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

DanO966

GAyyyyyy doooooooooood >:( >:(
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

motomadness

Not to debase the flurishing track day organizations around the country, but I feel like that's where CCS is headed.  Don't get me wrong it nice to have smaller fields to race in, but that only makes racing more expensive, not less, which in turn drives people away.  Spread us too thin nation wide and the competition level drops, sponsors will lose interest, then we racers will have to seek out other organizations to spend our dollars on if we want to compete and form some sort of career for ourselves.

I think this is only another sign of the mismanagement of CCS/FUSA as a whole.  Not saying K.E. is to blame or any of his subordanates, but as a whole I am disappointed to be affiliated with this disfunctional organization.

I think as racers, we deserve to have a lot more input into the decisions that are made on our behalf (i.e., entry fees, licensing fees, scheduling, news updates, etc.)

Why do we have to hear about stuff happening in our organization from the news?  Would you like all of your friends and family to know you are about to get fired from watching the news before you have even been told what's happening?  I doubt it.

I think if the GL and MW racers were given a choice as to whether we wanted it to stay within our region, that would have at least given us a chance to think about it.

Personally, I think the GL and possibly needs to be taken off listing for the Topeka round.