CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

Quote...I was fifteen! ;D ;D

And I was on the second row of the AMA 750 Supersport race at Heartland Park Topeka with Russell, DuHammel, James, Chandler, and a few others.

I was 22.

How time passes....

http://groups.msn.com/VisionsportsRidingSchools/racingwithsuperdave.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=27
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

Don't worry Dave, where I live (old people central), you are just an infant and I'm still in the womb.  You're not old around here until you get to 103, and then you are still younger than your neighbor and the guy next to you in traffic...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

tshort

Well, score another one for Suomy.  Just picked up a Spec 1R - nice price, and appears comparable to the Arai.  We shall see (altho, I hope I don't get a chance to compare them crash-wise ;))
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

tigerblade

My favorite helmet was a Criville replica Shoei X-SPII (RIP).  It was very light and very quiet, but very expen$ive.  I replaced it with my current Arai Quantum/f.  It's not nearly as quiet, but it was half the cost.  I've been kinda waiting to see how the Suomys faired in crashes before trying one.  Better other people do the testing than me.   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

I highsided my Gunwind last May pretty good.  Didn't get the .036 of a second that I needed.  I have no "known" loss of any faculties that weren't aready gone.

PJ, one of my instructors, got hit hard on the ice in Jan with his Gunwind.  The studded tire did not make it throgh to his face.  He had a huge hematoma inside his mouth from his impact with the helmet/face/other bike.

Kevin Hanson put his brand new Spec 1R down in April when someone @$$ packed him from behind.  Needed a new helmet, but finished out the weekend fine.
Super Dave

khanson

I have to say I have been interested in the Suomy's since they first came to the states.  However, the Gunwind never fit my head.

After purchasing the new spec 1r this year, I must say that it is the best helmet I have ever worn.  Very light, super comfortable and great ventilation.  i had always been and Arai person (last 10 years) and even worn Shoei's.  However, the Suomy is kick a$$ after wearing it.

Also, the thing that sold me was the BSI standards they go by which tests glancing blows like we suffer when we fall off.  The other tests don't perform this.

Plus, Gearbox International's service has been awesome in anything I have ever needed.  I highly recommend one and I trashed one the very first weekend I wore it. Go figure!
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309

Litespeed

I was in the market to replace my Quantum/f and all I could find locally that fit well was the KBC VR-1.  IT has a very similar fit to the Arai for about half the cost.  I crash tested the first one by getting my head wedged between the bike and ground as I was sliding and only got slight scuffing on it.  I then went on teh quest for a new helmet and came back to the VR-1 again.  They are a great bang for the buck and I haven't really heard of anyone complaining about them.  It's also nice that the visors are around 20 bucks since racing seems to eat visors in a hurry.

Mongrel

Just got one of these.  Price was right and fit is great much like the RX7

http://www.helmetharbor.com/estore/products.cfm?seriesid=OGK+FF-3+GP