News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VP FUELS CONTINGENCY.. HOW COME I CANT COLLECT???

Started by MELK-MAN, May 17, 2003, 09:03:06 AM

MELK-MAN

im donwn here in the FL S.E. region.
5th from my 1st race day and 3 1st since then this season.. i have called "BPM" in my area at 727-441-4867 MANY times to try and get info on this VP contingency program. I can not so much as get a return call. The ultimate 4 fuel is expensive (compared to pump gas i suppose)  at $60/can. I have purchased the gas at Jennnings GP each time. I understand they pay $50/1 time for a given race day for 1st, 5th, 10th..im doing my part with stickers and listing as a sponsor, but for the life of me.. i cant collect!!! Anyone else had trouble with this program?
any info would be appreciated..
greg
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

tshort

I visited the midwest VP guy in Terre Haute and asked about contingency.  He told me the way it works is I have to buy two cans of VP from the authorized trackside distributor (which means whatever I bought directly from the Terre Haute guy didn't count) for each class (or was it race weekend?) I enter, and then they pay 1,5,and10th places in those classes.

Well that's a bunch of VP - I don't go through a can in the whole weekend, racing GT Lights, and three or four sprint classes, so I decided to forget about seeing any money from them.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Bsmedic

maybe they know about you little 636 F4i and they don't want nothing to do with ya.

LOL

racer865

I pay 40$ per 5 gal here in knoxville for ultimate 4. As far as contingency I think you have to buy from certain dealers and buy certain amount to be eligible. I gave up on trying to collect.

MELK-MAN

got the number for VP in texas.. owners name is mark, 954-585-6226.. gonna straighten this thing out or quit giving them free adv. Ill keep ya'll posted. The guy in clearwater just sells it to keep his customers happy but has nothing to do with the program..

BSMEDIC!!! check out the dyno chart.. ;D
http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=431548#post431548

r6_philly

You are suppose to contact your VP rep and sign a contengency agreement. You have to buy your fuel from VP directly in quatity of 15 gallons. After you finished 1st 5th or 10th you will be issued a check for $50. Thats what I understand. You have to go through VP directly to sign up.

Bsmedic

Greg.... chill out. I'm just hassling you   ;D

MELK-MAN

QuoteGreg.... chill out. I'm just hassling you   ;D

i knew that...good to see some humor on these sites.. ;)

duc995@aol.com

You have to buy 10 gallons a weekend...I asked last weekend at Las Vegas.  They said they don't even look at any sales listed as less than 10 gallons. >:(

MELK-MAN

QuoteYou have to buy 10 gallons a weekend...I asked last weekend at Las Vegas.  They said they don't even look at any sales listed as less than 10 gallons. >:(

thanks, i acutally was in touch with Lisa at VP in texas and she gave me the lowdown. I provided all kinds of info to her and am hoping to collect for a 5th and 2 wins.. we shall see. i didnt have reciepts but got a letter from the track director where i buy my fuel. she said that could be sufficient for verifying the purchases.
later

ReneGSXR

Quotethanks, i acutally was in touch with Lisa at VP in texas and she gave me the lowdown. I provided all kinds of info to her and am hoping to collect for a 5th and 2 wins.. we shall see. i didnt have reciepts but got a letter from the track director where i buy my fuel. she said that could be sufficient for verifying the purchases.
later
is this the what you have to do for every race? if it is sounds like a pain in the Azz just to get paid thru them.

sdiver68

The VP contingency program is tough.  Not only did I have to buy my fuel from the trackside supplier (which I really don't have a problem with), but I had to tell him, before the races, which 2 races I wanted to count...and the fact that it was a twin sprint weekend didn't mean squat as far as being eligible for 4 races instead of 2.

MCRA Race School Instructor