News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Feeling old all of a sudden...

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 15, 2003, 07:28:57 AM

MightyDuc Racing

Wow...man does time fly.  I turned 28 today, my sister-in-law (that was in the 3rd grade when I met my wife) has Baccalaureate tonight and graduates Monday, and my 10 year reunion is in a few weeks.  How the Hell did I get this old already?  I know some of you are probably snickering at me now, cuz I know 28 isn't that old, but it just kinda snuck up on me.  I stepped back this morning and took a quick look at the things around me.  In the past year, five couples that we hang with got married, my sister had her second child, my niece turned 3, 7 couples that we hang with had their first child or are expecting, built my first house, lost my grandfather and three different great-aunts/uncles, etc..., my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimers, my parents and in-laws all have high blood pressure and all sorts of medical probs that happen to older people, lost 3 high school friends in the last two years, and recently started getting pissed at the neighborhood kids for doing the same things I did when I was their age!  The last one really makes me feel old...lol.  Oh yeah, and I get completely annoyed when I see a 15-17 year old dressed like a s l u t.  When did I stop liking seeing girls dressed like s l u t s!!!???!!!  Sorry, just feeling old this morning.  My wife did get me some great gifts without spending much, though.  Got me new knee pucks, some 6 ton jack stands (since the motor is always torn apart on the bike and I've been borrowing them...lol), a sweet rolling padded stool with a catch tray for the stuff I take off the bike when tearing down the motor, and best of all, a one hour massage and 15 minute hot stone treatment!  And you guys wondered why I talk her up so much on here all the time. :D  Oh yeah, bought myself a new tire for the car last night...lol...hit a huge pothole and got a sidewall bubble.  Did you know that the Acura CL-S is the ONLY car that takes a V-Rated Michelin Pilot 215-50R17?  By the way, the damn thing is $200!  Ouch.  Oh well, I'm done now. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

StumpysWife

Happy birthday from a fellow 28 year old!  I hear ya!  My sis is 17 and went to prom last weekend....mom cried.  Weird stuff!  Ha but we're not 30 yet!!!!!!!!!  Enjoy your day!

MightyDuc Racing

Thanks!  And yeah, my brother-in-law turns 30 soon, and so do a couple of my friends.  At least we have that...lol. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

EX#996

Sheesh!  What a couple of youngsters.

You can't start whining about your age until you are at least as old as I am.  

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tigerblade

Happy Birthday.  28 isn't too bad.  I turn twenty-ten in December!   :-/
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

TZDeSioux

come talk to me when you turn 56 like me you YOUNG PUNK!  >:(  ;)

dwilson

I turned 28 a few weeks ago.  Here's how I look at it...

Loud kids are good.  They make me feel less guilty when revving the bike at 12K RPM in the alley or arc welding...  
What the hel1 is wrong with you?  Slutty dressed girls rock!
I can't wait until my 10 year reunion.  The part about growing old(er) I hate is having to look for the ring when hitting on girls.  If it cheers you up, were only half way to retirement and 1/3 way to dead :-/.  Just call me the cheer leader for the clinically depressed.

StumpysWife

We'll be at BHF the weekend of my 10 year reunion--darn.  I'm just not that shook up about it for some reason....

EX#996

QuoteWe'll be at BHF the weekend of my 10 year reunion--darn.  I'm just not that shook up about it for some reason....

LOL!!!

Perhaps it's just my class - but did you ever notice that some of the most popular and 'coolest' kids in high school are now some of the biggest losers?

Ain't life sweet!   ;D

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

MightyDuc Racing

I'm skipping the reunion...lol.  They had these two sisters that have a doctor for a father plan it.  It's over $175 just for dinner...lol.  All the people I care to see, I still keep in touch with for free anyways. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

By the way, I know one of the biggest dorks in HS graduated from MIT, then invented some kind of molecular something or other and is a bazillionaire now...lol.  He's still a dork, though. ;D  Oh yeah, and one of the biggest hotties is pregnant with her 3rd child, weighs over 250 lbs :o, and is on her third marriage...lol...life can be funny, can't it? ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

EX#996

QuoteIt's over $175 just for dinner...lol.  

Sheesh!  Where did you go to school - The Hamptons?!?

$175.00 =  Race entry fees for three races, three brake levers, electricity at BHF with enough left over for lunch.

$175.00 = Groceries for a family of three for two weeks.

$175.00 =  I'll stop now - must get my homework done.   ::)

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton