News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Feeling old all of a sudden...

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 15, 2003, 07:28:57 AM

MightyDuc Racing

Wow...man does time fly.  I turned 28 today, my sister-in-law (that was in the 3rd grade when I met my wife) has Baccalaureate tonight and graduates Monday, and my 10 year reunion is in a few weeks.  How the Hell did I get this old already?  I know some of you are probably snickering at me now, cuz I know 28 isn't that old, but it just kinda snuck up on me.  I stepped back this morning and took a quick look at the things around me.  In the past year, five couples that we hang with got married, my sister had her second child, my niece turned 3, 7 couples that we hang with had their first child or are expecting, built my first house, lost my grandfather and three different great-aunts/uncles, etc..., my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimers, my parents and in-laws all have high blood pressure and all sorts of medical probs that happen to older people, lost 3 high school friends in the last two years, and recently started getting pissed at the neighborhood kids for doing the same things I did when I was their age!  The last one really makes me feel old...lol.  Oh yeah, and I get completely annoyed when I see a 15-17 year old dressed like a s l u t.  When did I stop liking seeing girls dressed like s l u t s!!!???!!!  Sorry, just feeling old this morning.  My wife did get me some great gifts without spending much, though.  Got me new knee pucks, some 6 ton jack stands (since the motor is always torn apart on the bike and I've been borrowing them...lol), a sweet rolling padded stool with a catch tray for the stuff I take off the bike when tearing down the motor, and best of all, a one hour massage and 15 minute hot stone treatment!  And you guys wondered why I talk her up so much on here all the time. :D  Oh yeah, bought myself a new tire for the car last night...lol...hit a huge pothole and got a sidewall bubble.  Did you know that the Acura CL-S is the ONLY car that takes a V-Rated Michelin Pilot 215-50R17?  By the way, the damn thing is $200!  Ouch.  Oh well, I'm done now. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

StumpysWife

Happy birthday from a fellow 28 year old!  I hear ya!  My sis is 17 and went to prom last weekend....mom cried.  Weird stuff!  Ha but we're not 30 yet!!!!!!!!!  Enjoy your day!

MightyDuc Racing

Thanks!  And yeah, my brother-in-law turns 30 soon, and so do a couple of my friends.  At least we have that...lol. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

EX#996

Sheesh!  What a couple of youngsters.

You can't start whining about your age until you are at least as old as I am.  

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tigerblade

Happy Birthday.  28 isn't too bad.  I turn twenty-ten in December!   :-/
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

TZDeSioux

come talk to me when you turn 56 like me you YOUNG PUNK!  >:(  ;)

dwilson

I turned 28 a few weeks ago.  Here's how I look at it...

Loud kids are good.  They make me feel less guilty when revving the bike at 12K RPM in the alley or arc welding...  
What the hel1 is wrong with you?  Slutty dressed girls rock!
I can't wait until my 10 year reunion.  The part about growing old(er) I hate is having to look for the ring when hitting on girls.  If it cheers you up, were only half way to retirement and 1/3 way to dead :-/.  Just call me the cheer leader for the clinically depressed.

StumpysWife

We'll be at BHF the weekend of my 10 year reunion--darn.  I'm just not that shook up about it for some reason....

EX#996

QuoteWe'll be at BHF the weekend of my 10 year reunion--darn.  I'm just not that shook up about it for some reason....

LOL!!!

Perhaps it's just my class - but did you ever notice that some of the most popular and 'coolest' kids in high school are now some of the biggest losers?

Ain't life sweet!   ;D

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

MightyDuc Racing

I'm skipping the reunion...lol.  They had these two sisters that have a doctor for a father plan it.  It's over $175 just for dinner...lol.  All the people I care to see, I still keep in touch with for free anyways. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

By the way, I know one of the biggest dorks in HS graduated from MIT, then invented some kind of molecular something or other and is a bazillionaire now...lol.  He's still a dork, though. ;D  Oh yeah, and one of the biggest hotties is pregnant with her 3rd child, weighs over 250 lbs :o, and is on her third marriage...lol...life can be funny, can't it? ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

EX#996

QuoteIt's over $175 just for dinner...lol.  

Sheesh!  Where did you go to school - The Hamptons?!?

$175.00 =  Race entry fees for three races, three brake levers, electricity at BHF with enough left over for lunch.

$175.00 = Groceries for a family of three for two weeks.

$175.00 =  I'll stop now - must get my homework done.   ::)

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

MightyDuc Racing

Exactly.  Ever heard of Sanibel Island, or Fort Myers Beach?  They went to my high school.  The parking lot usually looked like 90210...lol.  I doubt they'll get a big turn out, cuz most of us didn't like the sisters planning it anyways.  I personally don't mind them, but that's an awful lot for just dinner. :(  I can afford it, but I sure would rather enter a few extra classes or pay for some frame sliders ($155 for a Ducati...lol) instead.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MELK-MAN

im 35.. was watching an interview of Ben Spies on 2-wheel tues.. hes not even 18 yet.. THen soooo many nice looking girls turn out to be in thier 20s.. used to be "yea, i was a senior in h.s. when she was in 6th grade.. now its.. " i was a senior and she wasnt even BORn yet... LOL... :)
happy b-day..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

EX#996

Quoteim 35.. was watching an interview of Ben Spies on 2-wheel tues.. hes not even 18 yet.. THen soooo many nice looking girls turn out to be in thier 20s.. used to be "yea, i was a senior in h.s. when she was in 6th grade.. now its.. " i was a senior and she wasnt even BORn yet... LOL... :)
happy b-day..

LOL!!!

Too funny - I'm 36 and realized earlier this year that I am old enough to be the mother of two of the kids that Paul races against.  :o ::)

To top that off - we are starting to watch for a 125 for our daughter who plans on racing with dad in three years.  Yikes!

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

KBOlsen

Old, schmold.  

Age is an issue of "mind over matter".  If you don't mind, then it don't matter!

Happy Birthday!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

mmills416

Happy Birthday Brian.  I Know what I'm getting you for your B-Day.  A Fight a Moroso that your always Charish and talk about when you get really old.  
I turned 30 this year on 4/16, I didn't feel old untill I was listening to Flashback on the radio and they were focusing on 1988 and I remembered listening to the same radio show in highschool, but they were on like 1975.  Thats when it really hit home.  I'll tell you what I've had more fun this last year racing than I can ever remember.  That makes me feel very young and alive.

tigerblade

QuoteExactly.  Ever heard of Sanibel Island, or Fort Myers Beach?  

I've been to Sanibel/Captiva.  LOTS o' money down there!
Younger Oil Racing

StumpysWife

OMG I flew into Ft. Myers to go to the girl who's planning our reunion's condo (my very good friend/cousin) in "Marco"!!!!!!!!!!  Our reunion is a multi-phase event starting at the local bar Friday night, beach day at a local lake that used to have to be shut down due to sewer contamination on Saturday and the "big" event Saturday night for $30 each.  Not too pricey but eeeeshhhhhh--even if there wasn't a race at BHF that weekend, I'm sure there is somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday again  ;)

StumpysWife

QuotePerhaps it's just my class - but did you ever notice that some of the most popular and 'coolest' kids in high school are now some of the biggest losers?

I'm such a loser now--I suck.   ;D

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteHappy Birthday Brian.  I Know what I'm getting you for your B-Day.  A Fight a Moroso that your always Charish and talk about when you get really old.  
I turned 30 this year on 4/16, I didn't feel old untill I was listening to Flashback on the radio and they were focusing on 1988 and I remembered listening to the same radio show in highschool, but they were on like 1975.  Thats when it really hit home.  I'll tell you what I've had more fun this last year racing than I can ever remember.  That makes me feel very young and alive.

Thanks Mike...and I'm looking forward to Moroso.  Jennings was probably the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle.  I think we'll probably have the best races to watch out of all of 'em for the rest of the season with Steve, Werner and Matt joining in.  Should be a lot of fun!  I just looked and I'm still gonna probably be top 5 in points in LW GP and hopefully can get back up there in GT Lights to get a good grid at Daytona, even with all my trouble...lol.  I got my new piston and rings last night from Fedex and also got the patch kits for the fairings.  No time this weekend to work on much, but I'll do the usual scramble next week after work and be ready.  I'm willing to bet the bike won't be pretty this week, but it'll do until after Moroso...lol.  See ya there!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Pit_Girl

wow.... you guys all have H.S. reunions coming up.... me and nate will graduate june 13th..... i turn 18 in august..... you guys make me feel like the board youngin'....

-jennifer

Pit_Girl

oh, and happy B-day MightyDuc! (insert pic of a birthday cake here)

-jennifer

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Nate R

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Super Dave

Um, I'm going to prom on Saturday...

And I have my face pasted on the web with my wonderful gray hair...

And I was one of the crazy guys in HS...I guess I didn't change much. ;D
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteHow's this?  ;D  

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Nate R

Wow. Jennifer and I went last Friday. I feel all young now.  :P
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

MightyDuc Racing

;D

Now that's funny! :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Nate R

ROFLMAO! LOL!       :D ;D :D :D
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

shook1

Getting older is not the problem, its the accumulation of motorcycle crash related aches and pains that will get you.  I just turned 33 and on rainy mornings, I can tell you that I relive each one in detail.

As far as romance goes, I'm in my prime....... Whether its a Youngster (21-30) or a Veteran (40+) I always manage to have a good time ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteAnd I have my face pasted on the web with my wonderful gray hair...

I'm telling you, Dave.  Fifteen minutes is all it would take to fix that...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

QuoteI'm telling you, Dave.  Fifteen minutes is all it would take to fix that...

I could buy some reading glasses and look like a professor...

Or maybe I should go for the jet black look?
 ;D
Super Dave

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteOld, schmold.  

Age is an issue of "mind over matter".  If you don't mind, then it don't matter!

Happy Birthday!

Isn't it more like "If you have no mind, it don't matter"??

:-/

MightyDuc Racing

Is that why I feel so much better today? ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: