News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

superbike/superstock question

Started by jimfowler, July 21, 2014, 09:06:08 PM

Capitalview

Quote from: JNSRacing on September 18, 2014, 05:57:02 PM
It's been a couple of years since I read the CCS rule book in full, so my apologies if this question is dumb, but what happened to "Classic"? Is it gone? Not enough bikes to run it?

Jim, I'm in the same boat as you... I've been racing my F2 in MCRA, but my class is going away next season, and the only choice for me next year, is AM/EX GT, which is basically an open superbike class - everything goes. As you can imagine, there's no way for me to be remotely competitive on the F2 among the best machines on offer, though it is a very well-built machine, and setup properly.

If I were to keep it, my plan would be to hit some WERA V7 races, and maybe some CMRA Classic and CCS Classic events, but the fact that nobody has brought that class up, tells me that it's no longer in existence?

Anyway, so now I'm trying to sell this V7 bike, as I'm currently trying to buy something that will be competitive in the GT class.
I'm sad to read what you said about the V7 grids being so bare... guess it's a good thing I'm moving on to a new machine, huh?  ::)

The F2 is legal in CCS Thunderbike.  Also, if you are 40, or older, it is legal in Lightweight Formula 40.

JNSRacing

Quote from: Capitalview on September 18, 2014, 08:40:31 PM
The F2 is legal in CCS Thunderbike.  Also, if you are 40, or older, it is legal in Lightweight Formula 40.

That's good to know, thanks!
MCRA #72