unaltired vin rule

Started by tipsy, November 05, 2013, 09:47:02 PM

tipsy

I was reading the rule book an says all bikes must have unaltered vin# ..an well one of my race bikes has a blank frame ..are u not allowed to race a bike that's not registered or do I need to have title / bill of sell papers at each race ? ..if any one can help plz do so asap so I can start planing for the 2014 season
Simplysick, #79

Woofentino Pugrossi

I think alot depends on which region and if tech even checks. Its just a replacement frame isnt it? You do know the VIN though right? Could just have it stamped in the block on the neck if you have it. I've heard drag racing orgs are real anal about it. Dont think anyone ever brings their title to the track or a bill of sale.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

trace33chargers

I would definately bring a copy of the bill of sale or title (only a copy). If you were to get pulled over and they ran the VIN and saw it was a bike who was last owned by Joe Schmo three states away, you might have some trouble on your hands. So always a good idea to have a copy of those things in the glove box of the truck.

tipsy

I bought the bike with the blank frame . It was posted as a stunt only bike I bought it an switched it all over for the track ... Think I  go ahead an buy a frame ..thanks guys
Simplysick, #79

Burt Munro

I remember a situation a few years back in California or Arizona where a local Sherriff's department showed up one race weekend and began running VIN numbers on race bikes. I think they ended up hauling off 15 or 20 bikes that had been reported as stolen. Not the sort of police activity that happens very often, but good idea to have a bill of sale with you. Especially with a frame that doesn't have a VIN.

FYI.... Contingency forms do require that you provide a VIN number. In the case of bikes with no VIN you can write in "Race only".
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

apriliaman

Well in the lightweight class at Daytona there were several bikes with no VIN that were racing in a class that you need a VIN and they should have been DQ.If I got 2nd place I would have said something.I may be the only one that knows most of the rules.Also bikes were out there that was  middleweight converted to lightweght that were racing and were in the wrong classes.There allowed in some but not all the classes.The officials don't even know there own rules.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Gino230

I didn't protest Mark but the Pierbon is a kit machine yet they allowed it in superbike. Supposedly they presented a letter saying a street version is available. I have yet to see one.

I have one of the air cooled conversions, 848 chassis and 1100 air cooled motor. I only ran in GTL and LWGP where any frame and engine is allowed. I should have run superbike but I didn't want to fight at tech. It seems silly to worry about an air cooled engine in a superbike frame when the Pierbon kit bike is legal. The Bimotas and Pierbons were way ahead at Daytona so it was a moot point.

It's been a sore spot for me with CCS. Several of us got letters from the Director of Competition stating the bike would be legal. But Kevin Elliot overrode that after I spent a big pile building the bike and now about 7 or 8 of us have bikes we can't race. At first they were DQ ing guys right at tech. At Daytona Mr. Melka rode the bike in superbike and didn't have any problems.

I have asked for clarification regarding the letter(s) from CCS stating that the bike would be legal, but got no response. I chose not to fight it because they can make any rule they want, or re-classify any machine they wish, so what's the point? Besides some people were more aggressive than others and I didn't want to be involved in those kind of fights. Racing is my fun time, not time for off- track fighting.

CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

trace33chargers

Quote from: apriliaman on November 07, 2013, 12:43:23 PM
Also bikes were out there that was  middleweight converted to lightweght that were racing and were in the wrong classes.
Are you talking about that GSXR 565? I looked at the results and he only raced the GP mod classes (Formula 40, GTL, and GP). No rule for those classes saying you can't reduce displacement.

The Pierboron's have no business in Superbike as far as I'm concerned. Even from the manufacturer it is referred to as "kit".

Gino230

Quote from: trace33chargers on November 07, 2013, 05:00:18 PM
Are you talking about that GSXR 565? I looked at the results and he only raced the GP mod classes (Formula 40, GTL, and GP). No rule for those classes saying you can't reduce displacement.

The Pierboron's have no business in Superbike as far as I'm concerned. Even from the manufacturer it is referred to as "kit".

It's in the general section that machines cannot be reduced in displacement to fit in a lower class.

WERA, CMRA, WSMC, and pretty much every other club allows it, as well as swapping frames and engines. But not CCS.

Correct about the Pierbon, however.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

apriliaman

The X60R is a custom motogp style bike with an air cooled ducati engine 295lbs@120 hp.They do not have a street legal version anywhere! in the world.They are built to order.The F042 has a street version and that one would be ok.Stock is 95hp on that one.They have a race version also.Frank has a titanium frame on his bike which is not oem.Wasn't saying anything about the 565 Suzuki.
3 National Championships

apriliaman

Gino you rode the correct races.Your bike was fast but not extreme fast like the other ones.
3 National Championships

benprobst

Quote from: Gino230 on November 07, 2013, 05:49:47 PM
It's in the general section that machines cannot be reduced in displacement to fit in a lower class.

WERA, CMRA, WSMC, and pretty much every other club allows it, as well as swapping frames and engines. But not CCS.

Correct about the Pierbon, however.

You're wrong.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565