News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

unaltired vin rule

Started by tipsy, November 05, 2013, 09:47:02 PM

benprobst

BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

benprobst

Quote from: Gino230 on November 07, 2013, 05:49:47 PM
It's in the general section that machines cannot be reduced in displacement to fit in a lower class.

WERA, CMRA, WSMC, and pretty much every other club allows it, as well as swapping frames and engines. But not CCS.

Correct about the Pierbon, however.

Ohh, CCS also allows custom frames. I know, becuase I have one of one ever built. :) it's legal in the right classes.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

sdiver68

Gino and Apriliaman, respectfully I did not and would not cheat.  I only ran the bike in the GP classes and have had several independent confirmations of the bike's legality in those CCS classes.

I did research and consider several of the Ducati air cooled options.  I agree several of those options should be GP only.  I know some of the bikes which could be considered Superbike legal normally had engine swaps with the Monster 1100 EVO engine for reliability purposes.
MCRA Race School Instructor

tipsy

Lol I have no clue what yall are talkin about ..I just wanted to know if running a blank frame was ok or not ..
Simplysick, #79

Gino230

Quote from: benprobst on November 08, 2013, 02:54:59 PM

You're wrong.

6.2 (C) Superbike Rules- "Reducing engine size of machines from stock displacement to meet lower class displacement limits is not allowed"

Same for Thunderbike.

WERA Superbike rules Sec 5 (a) In Superbike the original combination of frame and motor must be maintained except in the case of similar models with directly interchangeable engines.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gino230

Quote from: tipsy on November 08, 2013, 07:58:53 PM
Lol I have no clue what yall are talkin about ..I just wanted to know if running a blank frame was ok or not ..

Sorry to hijack your thread. There are plenty of bikes running without VIN numbers. If you get a warranty frame, for example.

I have heard horror stories of police sweeps and such, but I've been doing this 15 years and have never actually seen one here in S. Florida. You never know, however.

Seems like if they went to the dirt bike track they would be much more productive....half of the dirtbikes for sale don't have titles!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gino230

Quote from: sdiver68 on November 08, 2013, 05:49:34 PM
Gino and Apriliaman, respectfully I did not and would not cheat.  I only ran the bike in the GP classes and have had several independent confirmations of the bike's legality in those CCS classes.

I did research and consider several of the Ducati air cooled options.  I agree several of those options should be GP only.  I know some of the bikes which could be considered Superbike legal normally had engine swaps with the Monster 1100 EVO engine for reliability purposes.

I'm curious about this project.... I didn't see you at Daytona. I have been wanting to do this to a Ducati 748 for years....the guys at Altanta Triumph Ducati did it years ago to race in WERA. Basically a different Crank and you're done. These bikes can be found cheap nowadays!

It's also been done many times to the SV to get to the 600cc "D" limit. What did you have to do to the bike?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23

benprobst

Quote from: Gino230 on November 09, 2013, 11:09:26 AM
6.2 (C) Superbike Rules- "Reducing engine size of machines from stock displacement to meet lower class displacement limits is not allowed"

Same for Thunderbike.

WERA Superbike rules Sec 5 (a) In Superbike the original combination of frame and motor must be maintained except in the case of similar models with directly interchangeable engines.

I know the rules. It appears you are confused.
Home of the GSXR 565

benprobst

Quote from: Gino230 on November 09, 2013, 11:26:18 AM
I'm curious about this project.... I didn't see you at Daytona. I have been wanting to do this to a Ducati 748 for years....the guys at Altanta Triumph Ducati did it years ago to race in WERA. Basically a different Crank and you're done. These bikes can be found cheap nowadays!

It's also been done many times to the SV to get to the 600cc "D" limit. What did you have to do to the bike?

He won all of his races with it. Bike ran great and Steve had perfect rides. There are 5 or 6 ways to get the the displacement limit. I think we found the right combination and it's been dreamy since I pressed the starter button.
Home of the GSXR 565

Gino230

Quote from: benprobst on November 09, 2013, 04:32:11 PM
I know the rules. It appears you are confused.

Well, I'm quite certain about one thing.....
CCS / ASRA EX # 23

apriliaman

the x60r has no vin for street use as it is not a production street legal bike. Franks bike has an aftermarket frame. Other bikes like you say no vin # from other problems should be ok as it is an oem frame from a street legal bike.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

benprobst

Quote from: Gino230 on November 10, 2013, 04:12:48 PM
Well, I'm quite certain about one thing.....

What am I missing here. You're telling us we are illegal and that CCS let us in the wrong classes. Yet we broke no rules. We won our races and had no protests. You quote rules that have nothing to do with what you are accusing us of, then don't answer the issue.

We broke no rules with our 565. 
Home of the GSXR 565