Best Tire Option CCS MW

Started by Jwhite316, March 01, 2013, 01:50:51 PM

kvanengen

Each one of those brands offers a great tire. The question is what works best for YOU? Everyone has a different riding style and wants or expects different things from their tires. Personally, I like Pirelli tires. Why? It's because they offer a softer sidewall and lightweight bikes (that I ride) like that. But again, that just works for me. I realize this was not very helpful and I apologies for that. My main point is to try a few tires and decide what works best for you on your bike, with your suspension, at your pace.

Best of luck in your search

supercarl

Gotta give props to my guys at Turn One Racing!  :cheers:  They sell Bridgestones and provided me with awesome cruicial support all season last year and not just by providing tires with the best contingency payout. They also were quick to help me with bike rebuild after crashes, part loaning, suspension help, and they also have a variety of parts availble for purchase at the track (sprokets, sliders, etc...) Couldnt have made it through the year with out them!  8)

Tommy with Michelin is also a great and very helpful dude!  :cheers:

Just my $0.02
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

Gino230

where is the contingency payout amounts? I have not been able to find it on the CCS or Bridgestone website.

I'm going to start trying tires next round. Michelin, Bridgestone, maybe even give Pirelli another shot.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Pirelli Tire Guy

After seeing what Brand X can sell and how the tire quality control is very low, and how you cannot get the tires that are made in the UK, but only in Buffalo, I have made a switch to Pirelli. I have seen first hand the quality of their tires, knowing that they are lighter and do not take away the horsepower from the rear, how the new 180/60 for the 5.5in rims provide a greater tire contact patch, as do the 200's for the 6in rims. They disperse the heat which is the ultimate tire killer,and provide excellent wear with many compounds to choose from. We also have tires for the CBR/Ninja 250's which are gaining in popularity, the TZ/RS/MD 125/250's, the SV's to the 1000's. They have great trackside knowledge, as former racers, and all around motorcycle nutz, and provide top notch service even away from the track, with quick shipping and awesome pricing. PIRELLI  :boink: As far as contingency our tires are more cost effective too. If yo have any tires needs drop me a line.
James Bock
Podium Motorsports
PodiumMS@yahoo.com

sonicnofadz

I'm digging the new Bridgestone R10's this year.  The new soft compound front is super sticky, and is a much stiffer carcass than the medium compound.  Price for the set is MUCH cheaper than NTEC's, so thats always a plus ;)

supercarl

I was going to try that new front soft compound! So you notice a big difference in grip with it? what about wear?
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

Boober

Quote from: Pirelli Tire Guy on May 14, 2013, 02:19:39 PM
After seeing what Brand X can sell and how the tire quality control is very low, and how you cannot get the tires that are made in the UK, but only in Buffalo, I have made a switch to Pirelli. I have seen first hand the quality of their tires, knowing that they are lighter and do not take away the horsepower from the rear, how the new 180/60 for the 5.5in rims provide a greater tire contact patch, as do the 200's for the 6in rims. They disperse the heat which is the ultimate tire killer,and provide excellent wear with many compounds to choose from. We also have tires for the CBR/Ninja 250's which are gaining in popularity, the TZ/RS/MD 125/250's, the SV's to the 1000's. They have great trackside knowledge, as former racers, and all around motorcycle nutz, and provide top notch service even away from the track, with quick shipping and awesome pricing. PIRELLI  :boink: As far as contingency our tires are more cost effective too. If yo have any tires needs drop me a line.
James Bock
Podium Motorsports
PodiumMS@yahoo.com
UK Dunlops still available from Race Tire Service

design-engine

If you ask me I would say Pirelli is the best choice.  It offers the best feel for the front out of many tires because of the soft carcass.  Pirelli owns have of the paddock in the Midwest from my glance.    If your a front contender maybe your best choice is to go with one that pays.  Dunlop will require you to fine tune your suspension and that fine tuning is over most people's head and budget.  ie. gas shocks etc.  The dunlop is a hard steel belted and heavy tire.   I understand most folks use bridgstone tires on the west coast cause they pay and they are the closest thing to Pirelli tires.  I have a set of Bridgstones and Im gona try em.

Motostu

What about the tire sizes? Dunlop does a 190 for everything. I have had a lot of success with cheap dunlops takeoffs. But I am buying a set of dot power cups for homestead. Should I stick with a 190 for consistant feel on my gsxr600 or switch to the proper 180/55-17? Also which compound for homestead? Thank you in advance Melka.
Stuart Harper - CCS FL 36 EX

www.FlyRacing.com - www.EBCbrakes.com - www.LucasOil.com
www.MadSkillzCustoms.com - www.CallahanGraphicsAndSigns.com

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Motostu on June 11, 2013, 07:53:30 AM
What about the tire sizes? Dunlop does a 190 for everything. I have had a lot of success with cheap dunlops takeoffs. But I am buying a set of dot power cups for homestead. Should I stick with a 190 for consistant feel on my gsxr600 or switch to the proper 180/55-17? Also which compound for homestead? Thank you in advance Melka.

i would run the 190/55 michelin CUP.. but if you are gonna go with the older series power One, consider the 180/55. The newer 190/55 cup is three pounds lighter than the power one 190. SO, the cup 190, "feels" like the 180 powerone in some respects. It's all i use any more.. no more 180s anywhere for me. Just remember the 190/55 vs 180/55 will require you add 1 tooth to the rear gearing to keep things the same (190 is larger obviously). If you are coming from the dunlop 190 gearing should be about the same (but the dunlop 190's are different sized.. the gpa is smaller than the uk ntec im nearly positive).

If you are coming from the Dunlop 190 to a Michelin Cup 190.. prepare to feel the lighter tire. There is a considerable weight savings with the michelin vs the dunlop. It's literally gonna feel like you put a marchesini wheel on the back ..
I run the "A" rear (soft). The "B" will likely last a bit longer, some are even using the "C" . It's up to you and talking with the tire guy about your comfort level of trading grip for longevity. I also run the VB front. The slicks are good, but i don't see enough benefit to mess with the different tires. So stick with the dot cups. ;)

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to find my garage and ask. Not sure which end of the garages i will be at, but my bikes are hard to miss. They are yellow, with a big #1 on the front.   :boink:
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

roadracer162

Nice last sentence Greg. If I may I would lie to add to what you have stated.

The A tire will give you grip from the first lap where the C may take two laps to come in. Once warmed the C is pretty good solely based upon Josh's times and use. I personally have not used the C but I have used the A and B.

Some things to do in preparation for the transition is to measure the tire you are currently on to help set geomettry for the new choice of rubber. Yes even with similar geometry the change in tire will feel different.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Motostu

Thanks Mark and Melka. Def all good advice. I'm going to try a set of power cups. I think ill go with the 190/55 B. I plan on doing light practice Saturday and racing 4 classes on Sunday. Gtu, mwss, hwss, and hwsb. Should I expect a brand new set of B rated tires to last for that? Will the A's last for that?
Stuart Harper - CCS FL 36 EX

www.FlyRacing.com - www.EBCbrakes.com - www.LucasOil.com
www.MadSkillzCustoms.com - www.CallahanGraphicsAndSigns.com