I have lost touch with my street life

Started by Xian_13, May 03, 2003, 07:27:10 PM

Xian_13

Though I am new to racing, and my track time alone has killed my love to ride on the street....

I was surfing today looking for some Duc parts, my street bike is a '91 900ss that I love to death.
Well I came across http://www.clubdesmo.com/ and after reading a handful of post there, not only am I embarrassed to ride a Ducati but also I am left with "squid" in my vocabulary now!

Maybe its time I go for the 944 kit and put the old girl on the track! ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

K3 Chris Onwiler

It happens.  A ratty little EX500 chased a fully polished, custom painted ZX11 out of my garage.
First you sport ride, then you try a track day.  Track days become more numerous, then lead you to racing.  Next thing you know, you're shooting it straight into your arm...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Woofentino Pugrossi

KNow the feeling Xian. Saving up to get a 04 HD Softtail next spring. Really sick of sportbikes on the street. Thanks to the local stunter wannabes up here over the last 3 yrs, the police hound EVERY sportbike even when I'm doing the speed limit on the YZF. Some of us older riders yell at them about where they stunt, but they really could give a rats ass about what they are doing to the sport. But then again, if sportbikes are banned from US roads, I couldnt care less. I'll still be riding street motorcycles, but they wont since they are "too cool" to ride anything but a sportbike. ::)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

jgf

your not alone, i have grown very tired of street riding. if i do ride its only with selcted people now.

motard11

I sold off my harley collection so I could get a couple of sport bikes . Turns out I still have money left over ;D I gotta say after owning about 14 nice harleys they are just over rated!!! Im not a harley basher I still kept 1 I mean they are, in my opnion a poor value and inferior to the well made jap. bikes . A good friend of mine recently asked me what kind of bike to get he was thinking a nice harley (cruzer) and I took him to check out the yam. warrior he loved it we got him a cycle trader found a very clean used one with a few choice options and he could not be more happy. and he got a great deal (value) 9,000.00 Try to get a nice Harley for that (not possable)                  I got sick of the "Harley"scene it got boreing!!! See ta at the track Motard11 ;)

Xian_13

I found this on that web page....

http://www.sportbikers.net/lt/niceduc.mpeg

Needless to say, that set the impression of the whole South Cal "Duc" scene for me!

Notice how the guy is quite savvy, he leads with his head to avoid braking his wrist!  :o
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

TreyBone

I had the same feelings. I now have a FZ1 and ride on the street quite a bit, but only for long rides (150-300) at a time.  My whole outlook of riding on the street has changed. Instead of riding to see how fast you can go around a certain section on the street or riding just to aggressive in general, now I just enjoy the element of being outside and enjoying a beautiful day with some good friends. There are just to many unknowns out on the street, that the best riders in the world cannot avoid ( fire hydrants, oil, water, dithes, other cars, animals)  :o :o

Xian_13

Quote( fire hydrants, oil, water, dithes, other cars, animals)  :o :o

Hey didn't they hold back the start of a race Saturday at Raod America becuase of a turkey on the track?
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

spyderchick

QuoteThere are just to many unknowns out on the street, that the best riders in the world cannot avoid ( fire hydrants, ...)  :o :o

I would hope you could avoid the fire hydrants, although they can be sly and jump out in front of you sometimes.  ;) :D ;D

Don't know about the Turkey, but we saw a deer run across at the entry to 14 and then cross back over on the exit of 14. Fortunately it was during a break in racers or it could have been worse.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Xian_13

How did the deer get there?
I had a friend taking picutes and he was not allowed anywhere near the track... maybe the deer had a Press pass ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

spyderchick

That was probably it!

We were on the outside of 14 and this pair of deer came bounding up. The first deer crashed into the fence, turned tail, and took off going north, but the second deer missed the jump the first time, and not to be detered, got the jump the second time. Ran across the track just to the west of the corner workers position, bolted going south like her tail was on fire, then turned east to jump the fence back onto the track. It took 2 tries for her to get over the fence, and then she shot across the exit of 14 to the outside fence. She was pretty tired by then, but scared enough to make several attempts, finally making it over that fence as well. She was seen running in the woods for a bit after that. Poor thing was frightened out of her mind. I wouldn't be surprised if she hurt herself during the whole ordeal.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

KBOlsen

I'll never quit riding on the street... but I sure do look at it differently than I used to.  
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?