I have lost touch with my street life

Started by Xian_13, May 03, 2003, 07:27:10 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteHey didn't they hold back the start of a race Saturday at Raod America becuase of a turkey on the track?

Yes, but wasn't that because he was in the wrong grid position? LOL  ;D ;D ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Jeff

LOL... I haven't ridden on the street for much more than a few miles in the last 3 years.  However, I log more miles than most street riders annually.

I picked up my RR on Saturday.  Broke it in on the dyno and wheeled it into the trailer.  I "shocked" many people when somebody asked me why I didn't ride it home.  I replied "this is a race bike, streets are dangerous!".   ;D

It'll never hit the street...

However, on Sat I did borrow a new GL1800 to spin the wife across town to have her haircut.  OMG!!! that thing is AWESOME!  I think I could really get back into street riding if I had one of those!  Maybe next year...  I've filled my "bike buying" quota for this year...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

MightyDuc Racing

Careful with the 944 kit...not reliable.  Very fast though!!! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

dwilson

I would never ride a sport bike on the street.  Not only are the cops all over them, I don't like the "your one of those crotch-rocket people" attitudes.  The ego reason is why I wouldn't buy another Harley, because Harley riders would want to talk to me  ;D

My current street ride is a 76 CB750.  It's faster than cars, stylish & reliable.  I do miss my side car bike that I use to have (Ural).  Side car rides rock!  You can go grocery shopping with them, ride in the snow, the possibilities are endless  8)

tzracer

I still street ride, about 12,000 to 15,000 miles per year. I mostly ride my street bike (BMW R1100RT) for commuting (70+ miles per day). Maybe because I ride mostly alone, to and from work, that I still street ride.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

lil_thorny

never again do I want to be categorized as a
"SQUID" because they give roadracers a bad name.
period. my friend Justin highsided doing a standing on the tank trick...so after fixing his Sh...it, i took
a test ride and was followed by not 1, not 2, but
3 f'n cops in two differen't cities. Total B.S. man...
it's just not worth the frustration if you ask me.
I'm sure many don't share my feelings...but I had
to tell you anyway. BTW, Justin is a "squished Kid".
but they are sometimes fun to watch...watching
them crash is funny to me for some reason...it
always looks so painful when they hit their bare
melons on the pavement.
Benji.

Xian_13

QuoteCareful with the 944 kit...not reliable.  Very fast though!!! ;D

I only need it to go 18 miles at a time ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT