News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Midwest banquet

Started by Germany, December 09, 2012, 11:25:14 AM

Germany

RoyHefner

It'd be nice to actually have one this year!
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene

Super Dave

Road America is in July...
Super Dave

Sobottka

I thought the banquet at Road America was a blast!! Maybe a little late but I like the idea of having it at the track on a race weekend. Maybe the first weekend in 2013?
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Falco

That would be Topeka,  now I would have to go.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
MW CCS #144 Am

Sobottka

...first Blackhawk weekend  :thumb:
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

kvanengen

Ok, for convenience alone I understand how some support an at the track banquet. For me, I'm completely against the idea of having the banquet at the track. It's insulting and a copout. Last year at Road America I attended the races, however, did not attend the banquet. Call me old fashion, but I refuse to recognize what was held at Road America as a banquet. For the amount of time and money we racers spend with CCS I would like to see just a little bit of support back from the organization. I and others enjoy catching up with friends over the off season and a banquet allows up to do just that.

I will say part of me feels bad for not attending last years "banquet". That's only because my fellow riders have earned my respect and I would have liked to have been there to see those who had won accept their much deserved awards. I feel bad about that.

Personally I believe CCS will do the right thing and hold an off season Banquet. However, if they do not hold a traditional banquet this year I promise to enter a minimum of one less race per race day.

Burt Munro

Kevin, I understand completely how you feel. About 8 of us headed up to Schwarz's Supper Club instead.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Andrei

someone should stop thinking about food all the time ...
787ex

SV88

+ with Kevin... It totally sucked - I did not attend either..
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Falco

Quote from: kvanengen on December 12, 2012, 02:31:44 PM
Ok, for convenience alone I understand how some support an at the track banquet. For me, I�m completely against the idea of having the banquet at the track. It�s insulting and a copout. Last year at Road America I attended the races, however, did not attend the banquet. Call me old fashion, but I refuse to recognize what was held at Road America as a banquet. For the amount of time and money we racers spend with CCS I would like to see just a little bit of support back from the organization. I and others enjoy catching up with friends over the off season and a banquet allows up to do just that.

I will say part of me feels bad for not attending last years �banquet�. That�s only because my fellow riders have earned my respect and I would have liked to have been there to see those who had won accept their much deserved awards. I feel bad about that.

Personally I believe CCS will do the right thing and hold an off season Banquet. However, if they do not hold a traditional banquet this year I promise to enter a minimum of one less race per race day.
Thank You, I completely agree with you.  Thanks again.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
MW CCS #144 Am