Midwest banquet

Started by Germany, December 09, 2012, 11:25:14 AM

Germany

RoyHefner

It'd be nice to actually have one this year!
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene

Super Dave

Road America is in July...
Super Dave

Sobottka

I thought the banquet at Road America was a blast!! Maybe a little late but I like the idea of having it at the track on a race weekend. Maybe the first weekend in 2013?
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Falco

That would be Topeka,  now I would have to go.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
MW CCS #144 Am

Sobottka

...first Blackhawk weekend  :thumb:
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

kvanengen

Ok, for convenience alone I understand how some support an at the track banquet. For me, I'm completely against the idea of having the banquet at the track. It's insulting and a copout. Last year at Road America I attended the races, however, did not attend the banquet. Call me old fashion, but I refuse to recognize what was held at Road America as a banquet. For the amount of time and money we racers spend with CCS I would like to see just a little bit of support back from the organization. I and others enjoy catching up with friends over the off season and a banquet allows up to do just that.

I will say part of me feels bad for not attending last years "banquet". That's only because my fellow riders have earned my respect and I would have liked to have been there to see those who had won accept their much deserved awards. I feel bad about that.

Personally I believe CCS will do the right thing and hold an off season Banquet. However, if they do not hold a traditional banquet this year I promise to enter a minimum of one less race per race day.

Burt Munro

Kevin, I understand completely how you feel. About 8 of us headed up to Schwarz's Supper Club instead.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Andrei

someone should stop thinking about food all the time ...
787ex

SV88

+ with Kevin... It totally sucked - I did not attend either..
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Falco

Quote from: kvanengen on December 12, 2012, 02:31:44 PM
Ok, for convenience alone I understand how some support an at the track banquet. For me, I�m completely against the idea of having the banquet at the track. It�s insulting and a copout. Last year at Road America I attended the races, however, did not attend the banquet. Call me old fashion, but I refuse to recognize what was held at Road America as a banquet. For the amount of time and money we racers spend with CCS I would like to see just a little bit of support back from the organization. I and others enjoy catching up with friends over the off season and a banquet allows up to do just that.

I will say part of me feels bad for not attending last years �banquet�. That�s only because my fellow riders have earned my respect and I would have liked to have been there to see those who had won accept their much deserved awards. I feel bad about that.

Personally I believe CCS will do the right thing and hold an off season Banquet. However, if they do not hold a traditional banquet this year I promise to enter a minimum of one less race per race day.
Thank You, I completely agree with you.  Thanks again.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
MW CCS #144 Am

kozikracing

Dear Kevin Elliott :thumb: :

When considering dates for the Midwest banquet (or any region's for that matter), please consider that some riders throughout the country will be attending the AMA Championship banquet in Ohio the weekend of January 18-20.  Thank you for your consideration, sir!  :thumb: :cheers:
Kollin Kozik #626 Expert
2012 Midwest Amateur Middleweight Supersport, Amateur Middleweight GP and Amateur GTU Champion
Jerry Kozik #271 Expert  - Ninja 250/Yamaha FZ600

bruce71198

Kollin, remember that this is the unofficial fan forum and CCS staff isn't frequently monitioring this. Perhaps an email to Kevin Elliot would get more attention.

kozikracing

Hi Bruce, it was actually me (Lisa) who wrote this - Kevin is probably so sick of us emailing him...... just thought I'd post here in case he was reading the forum.  Happy Holidays!  :cheers:
Kollin Kozik #626 Expert
2012 Midwest Amateur Middleweight Supersport, Amateur Middleweight GP and Amateur GTU Champion
Jerry Kozik #271 Expert  - Ninja 250/Yamaha FZ600

design-engine

DanO966

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 12, 2012, 05:18:22 PM
Kevin, I understand completely how you feel. About 8 of us headed up to Schwarz's Supper Club instead.

And yes it was fantastic! 
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

DanO966

Yea, lets have a "real" banquet this year.  It's usually a good time.  It's always an event when you take a bunch of motorcycle racers and add alcohol.  LOL
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: DanO966 on December 13, 2012, 05:06:20 PM
Yea, lets have a "real" banquet this year.  It's usually a good time.  It's always an event when you take a bunch of motorcycle racers and add alcohol.  LOL

Aint a banquet until the cops show up in force?  :lmao:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on December 13, 2012, 11:34:54 PM
Aint a banquet until the cops show up in force?  :lmao:
I think it's a banquet when plants start moving...  Or there's redecorating.
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Quote from: Super Dave on December 14, 2012, 03:44:38 AM
i have no idea what you're talking about. :-) Although I do like rooms that have a front door and a back door. Makes for efficient movement of guests.

Germany

Quote from: Andrei on December 12, 2012, 05:21:00 PM
someone should stop thinking about food all the time ...
Well thats what I need to stay on two wheels....

Fast Eddy

Quote from: Super Dave on December 14, 2012, 03:44:38 AM
I was chatting with Scotty Ryan and he said the resort by him is under new ownership. They might not now the history???? :-)
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!

Burt Munro

Quote from: Fast Eddy on December 17, 2012, 12:40:09 PM
I was chatting with Scotty Ryan and he said the resort by him is under new ownership. They might not now the history???? :-)

Hopefully their Security staff has all moved on as well. If so, they'd get my vote for a location. Ground level rooms with a back door create a certain ambiance! :-)

Super Dave

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 17, 2012, 01:29:29 PM
Hopefully their Security staff has all moved on as well. If so, they'd get my vote for a location. Ground level rooms with a back door create a certain ambiance! :-)
But do they have hall plants? 
Super Dave

HerbigCBR

Looks like its official now

Sat, Feb 16, 2013

Lake Lawn Resort
Delevan, WI

http://www.ccsracing.us/banquets/2012/2012banquets.html
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

gixxer188

Here is the MW RSVP PDF that you can fill out on your PC then print and submit.

> http://www.madisonsbk.com/2012-midwest-banquet-invite.pdf
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

Burt Munro

Damn the luck!
I've got a prior commitment that weekend that I don't dare get out of.
Fond memories of that place! :-)

DanO966

Why oh Why would you do it the same weekend as the Indy Dealer show????
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

YSR Dave

Probably for the same reason they scheduled a Blackhawk round on the same weekend as the Indy MotoGP

Super Dave

Quote from: DanO966 on December 21, 2012, 11:56:58 AM
Why oh Why would you do it the same weekend as the Indy Dealer show????
Because...

Ok, not really any good reason given that some people that race own motorcycle businesses or work at motorcycle businesses.  (sigh)
Super Dave