News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Alex Locker???

Started by kozikracing, August 20, 2012, 03:09:17 PM

kozikracing

Does anyone know how Alex Locker is doing?  Here's hoping he is OK and gets back to racing with us soon!  Best wishes to him and his family!!!
Kollin Kozik #626 Expert
2012 Midwest Amateur Middleweight Supersport, Amateur Middleweight GP and Amateur GTU Champion
Jerry Kozik #271 Expert  - Ninja 250/Yamaha FZ600

jigs

First report was a sky is falling report,horrible description of his injury's....at the end of the day we were told he was on his way home after they popped his shoulder back into place...that's about all I know....I hope the latter is the case...

alocker

Hey guys, actually just got home from hospital 10 minutes ago.

-Fractured right Scapula
-30 cm laceration on right forearm that required surgery for cleanup and stitches
-fractured left Tibia
-bruised left ribs
-badly bitten tongue

But I'm alive and having a yard sale soon!

I heard there was oil on the track but am curious what the situation really was; did anyone see me go down?
MW AM #454

kozikracing

We heard that a bike did put oil down all over a good portion of the track, not sure who it was though. You and several other bikes went down - Kollin rode by just after it happened and saw you laying there face down; he was very concerned.  So glad you weren't more seriously hurt - hope you heal up fast!  (written by Lisa Kozik) 
Kollin Kozik #626 Expert
2012 Midwest Amateur Middleweight Supersport, Amateur Middleweight GP and Amateur GTU Champion
Jerry Kozik #271 Expert  - Ninja 250/Yamaha FZ600

jigs

There ya' have it...information changes in the telling...glad it wasn't worse,actually 4 bikes went down in the oil in T-2...

SV88

So can you talk?  This was kind of ironic after your post on Chicagolandsportbikes but very unfortunate since you were essentially a sitting duck hitting fresh/hot oil.

Hope you recovery quickly and well.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

design-engine

crashing sux - hospitals make me anxious to leave and oh did I say crashing sux?

Jiggyfly

Wow. Not that there's a "good" place to crash....but 2 isn't one of them!
Hope everyone involved heals quick!

alocker

Quote from: SV88 on August 20, 2012, 07:47:47 PM
So can you talk?  This was kind of ironic after your post on Chicagolandsportbikes but very unfortunate since you were essentially a sitting duck hitting fresh/hot oil.

Hope you recovery quickly and well.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  I can talk fine but the last 1/2" of my tounge is purple and is going to be the worst "bit my tongue" incident ever.  Yeah it is ironic.  It was my last session and I really was not pushing hard.  I felt comfortable with my progress for the day and was really out there to just get seat time, not trying to improve laptimes or anything. 

Stay safe out there.
MW AM #454

DanO966

Well glad to hear you're ok... kinda.  Heal up.  Crashing sucks without a doubt. 
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Fast Eddy

Glad to hear you will be OK.

I know a few people who swear by this supplement to help broken bones.
http://www.seacoast.com/maximum-bone-aid/seacoast-vitamins/180-tabs/p803
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Buell487

Glad to hear that you will be OK.

I was in the session right after they cleaned up the oil.  There was quick dry from the exit of T1 all the way to the bus stop on the racing line.  Needless to say there was a lot of oil on the track to make a bad situation.
CCS Midwest #111 AM