Woofentino Pugrossi

$8800, I'll fly myself. Just gotta tell the pilot to gtfo of my seat. :lmao:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

alocker

Quote from: supercarl on August 28, 2012, 02:12:22 PM
I like the way you think! haha.

and $8800 for a 5 min heli ride??? Thats more than I've ever spent on one item in my entire life! Did they at least let you look out the window? Lol

You guys are making my bruised rib hurt.  I was only awake for about 30 seconds of it and did not see shit.  It was surprisingly smooth and breezy though.  My wife and I were just joking a few weeks ago how we would never set foot in one of those death traps.  Very ironic. 
MW AM #454

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: alocker on August 28, 2012, 06:21:30 PM
You guys are making my bruised rib hurt.  I was only awake for about 30 seconds of it and did not see shit.  It was surprisingly smooth and breezy though.  My wife and I were just joking a few weeks ago how we would never set foot in one of those death traps.  Very ironic. 

Woulndt call them "death traps". its quite fun flying them. Well at least until your instructor kills the engines 100' off the ground.    :biggrin: autorotation is really nerve racking.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Super Dave

Quote from: Fast Eddy on August 21, 2012, 12:53:58 PM
Glad to hear you will be OK.

I know a few people who swear by this supplement to help broken bones.
http://www.seacoast.com/maximum-bone-aid/seacoast-vitamins/180-tabs/p803

Oooo!  Nice guys!

I've used them both.  Seacoast is great to deal with, and Ethical Nutrients is...ethical.  Win with either one.
Super Dave

Jwhite316

Just out of curosity, what is the standard procedure during a practice session when oil is on the track?  I would think if there is oil on the track, immediately the session would be red flagged?  If it were known that the GSXR with stars bike had blown up wouldn't the first thing be to look for oil and then red flag?  I am not privy to what the standard procedure is.  Anyone have some insight?
Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

supercarl

I would assume red flag right away as well. No point in practicing still if the track is even in the least bit unsafe. But I can't say for sure.
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

j_fuggin_t

Quote from: alocker on August 28, 2012, 07:29:54 AM
Mark,

I appreciate you stepping up about what happened.  It is a frustrating situation but we all know it was not done on purpose.  Just carry out our mission by
Quote from: alocker on August 28, 2012, 07:29:54 AM
Mark,

I appreciate you stepping up about what happened.  It is a frustrating situation but we all know it was not done on purpose.  Just carry out our mission by educating yourself and others about how important bike prep is.  I know sometimes you can't see everything but taking an extra 5 minutes to look stuff over can make a difference.  As for you owing me a beer, I'm think more along the lines of a premium Vodka.JK

FYI, anyone interested in a 5 minute helicopter tour of the greater Rockford area, get out your Groupon QR code or fork over the full price of only $8800.  Actually not as bad as I thought.  Now lets see how the insurance tries to dodge this one. 

The sad part is that it's costed me $2100 for bike repairs (new frame, forks/triple, both subframes & I haven't gotten the ohlins to Scotty yet for the swap/repairs)  so yes take 10 minutes instead of 5 to make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: supercarl on August 29, 2012, 04:20:08 PM
I would assume red flag right away as well. No point in practicing still if the track is even in the least bit unsafe. But I can't say for sure.

Yeah it would be red flagged once its determined theres oil.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

HerbigCBR

Very sad to hear this, but this was the helicopter that transported from Blackhawk. Actually the same chopper that Alex rode in.

RIP to the crew members
http://www.rrstar.com/updates/x1926897824/3-killed-in-crash-of-REACT-medical-copter-in-Lee-County
Jared Herbig - CCS #323
Thanks to: Spears Racing - TSE

Supergirl

That's really sad :(

To the accident,
i was the next one in line for the crash, but i saw from the corner of my eye Alex hitting the airfence.

Just enough to stop accelerating and get my arm up. Then i felt it too, but since i wasn't "on the gas" I managed to squiggle and stay upright. Bikes were still tumbling and it looked just absolutely horrible.

Alex, I hope you're all healed up by now!!

t.
IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, CyclepathRacing.com

alocker

I'm having a little trouble taking this in along with the seeing my name on the expert list all in one day.  RIP heli crew.  I'm am healing up fine but not racing next year is finally sinking in.  Don't take racing or the organization for granted.  Being able to grid up against all of you was truly one of my best life experiences. 

Good luck to all of you next year.  If your not training now know that someone else already is :cheers:
MW AM #454