News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS Registration

Started by leeroy996, November 29, 2011, 12:10:14 PM

leeroy996

Can anyone explain to me why CCS use such an archaic registration process?  I'm used to other sports that take a few simple clicks.
Handwriting Forms, writing checks, and posting in the mail is way too much admin.  If there was online registration I would enter that way every time.
Apologies for bringing up an old topic.

nafterclifen

I agree with you 110%. CCS needs to invite themselves into the 21st century.

It's ludicrous that CCS even offers a payment option that requires you to write down your credit card information on a piece of paper. To make matters worse, they THEN they copy it 3 different times WITH the credit card info on it, make you sign them trackside, and you only get one back.

roadracer162

You can paypal me and I will do your registration; for a ominal handling fee. :)

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

SVbadguy

We had online registration a few years ago.  It always worked for me, but I guess they had a bunch of problems with it. 

Not sure why they never sorted it out.  I'm sure there are plenty of computer-savvy racers that could've helped.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

steve p

Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

MELK-MAN

be thankful you CAN pre-enter.. i race harescrambles as well, and there ain't no pre-reg at all. You get to stand in line, scratch that.. you get to stand in TWO friggin lines the day of a race. One line is for the local club putting on the event, the other is for the parent organization. Talk about major league suck.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

leeroy996

It's not difficult.  CCS simply host their events through an online provider like http://www.motorsportreg.com
If that's too expensive shop around for other sports www.bikereg.com.

Mark - your paypal bounced back.  I think I miss-spelled your address - mtenn@isellsnakeoil.com   :biggrin:

steve p

Leeroy996, CCS is too cheap to help or even call back Russell so we can all still get our lap times at My racing bio.  If they won't even help out a guy who has been supporting them for years, why do you think they would even look into changing anything? 
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

nafterclifen

Quote from: steve p on November 30, 2011, 09:06:28 PM
Leeroy996, CCS is too cheap to help or even call back Russell so we can all still get our lap times at My racing bio.  If they won't even help out a guy who has been supporting them for years, why do you think they would even look into changing anything? 

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

leeroy996

I'm new so maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses.  The CCS folk that I have met have been very good.

nj01_6

Last time I had them on the phone, they said they had online registration in the works for 2012. This was in September.

Gixxerblade

Quote from: steve p on November 30, 2011, 09:06:28 PM
I'm not how big an organization people think CCS is. It is only two people handling all the paperwork involved for processing thousands of racers egos. :)