CCS Registration

Started by leeroy996, November 29, 2011, 12:10:14 PM

leeroy996

Can anyone explain to me why CCS use such an archaic registration process?  I'm used to other sports that take a few simple clicks.
Handwriting Forms, writing checks, and posting in the mail is way too much admin.  If there was online registration I would enter that way every time.
Apologies for bringing up an old topic.

nafterclifen

I agree with you 110%. CCS needs to invite themselves into the 21st century.

It's ludicrous that CCS even offers a payment option that requires you to write down your credit card information on a piece of paper. To make matters worse, they THEN they copy it 3 different times WITH the credit card info on it, make you sign them trackside, and you only get one back.

roadracer162

You can paypal me and I will do your registration; for a ominal handling fee. :)

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

SVbadguy

We had online registration a few years ago.  It always worked for me, but I guess they had a bunch of problems with it. 

Not sure why they never sorted it out.  I'm sure there are plenty of computer-savvy racers that could've helped.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

steve p

Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

MELK-MAN

be thankful you CAN pre-enter.. i race harescrambles as well, and there ain't no pre-reg at all. You get to stand in line, scratch that.. you get to stand in TWO friggin lines the day of a race. One line is for the local club putting on the event, the other is for the parent organization. Talk about major league suck.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

leeroy996

It's not difficult.  CCS simply host their events through an online provider like http://www.motorsportreg.com
If that's too expensive shop around for other sports www.bikereg.com.

Mark - your paypal bounced back.  I think I miss-spelled your address - mtenn@isellsnakeoil.com   :biggrin:

steve p

Leeroy996, CCS is too cheap to help or even call back Russell so we can all still get our lap times at My racing bio.  If they won't even help out a guy who has been supporting them for years, why do you think they would even look into changing anything? 
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

nafterclifen

Quote from: steve p on November 30, 2011, 09:06:28 PM
Leeroy996, CCS is too cheap to help or even call back Russell so we can all still get our lap times at My racing bio.  If they won't even help out a guy who has been supporting them for years, why do you think they would even look into changing anything? 

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

leeroy996

I'm new so maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses.  The CCS folk that I have met have been very good.

nj01_6

Last time I had them on the phone, they said they had online registration in the works for 2012. This was in September.

Gixxerblade

I'm not how big an organization people think CCS is. It is only two people handling all the paperwork involved for processing thousands of racers egos. :)

nj01_6

Quote from: Gixxerblade on December 02, 2011, 06:44:14 PM
I'm not how big an organization people think CCS is. It is only two people handling all the paperwork involved for processing thousands of racers egos. :)

Well then maybe they should take the charity when a racer wants to give up his own time to make this a better org to race with.

steve p

Or at least have the common decency to call a brother back.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

ChitownNexus

Steve I posted before asking if anyone has a copy of an old race result or know how to receive one in digital format.  There might be something my company can workout, but we need to see the results in the digital format CCS sends out.

Anyone have a copy I could download?

gixxer188

The word on the street is that CCS is avaialble for sale, so why would Kevin put anymore money into it?
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

steve p

Anymore would imply that he previously did.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

MELK-MAN

Quote from: steve p on December 05, 2011, 03:12:22 PM
Anymore would imply that he previously did.

brilliant logic.. jeeze.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Burt Munro

Do you need some happy pills Steve? 

You know that entries for this level of racing have been hit real hard the last couple of years - even at Blackhawk which used to be one of the best attended tracks around.  This isn't the fault of CCS or the way they run things.  Everybody is hurting.  People who used to have the money for an expensive hobby don't have it like they did a few years ago.

Kevin has had plans to upgrade the registration system in the works for at least a couple of years as well as updating the transponders.   If the revenue isn't there to fund these improvements it won't happen.  When he can't make money at a track like Blackhawk we need to find ways to make it better, not take pot shots at the owner.  Yeah, I know, returning telephone calls doesn't cost a lot of money.
I don't have an answer for you there.

You're entitled to your opinions.  But do you really think that a guy whose whole life is invested in this business (and is his sole source of income) is going to intentionally do the things you're accusing him of?  I'm sure he'd like to make the changes that everyone else would like to see....  the money to do that has to come from somewhere and right now it's not coming from entry fees and race licenses like it used to.

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

nafterclifen

Why spend money on new transponders, what's wrong with the current ones? 6 out of the 7 I used this year worked fine. When the one failed, the results were adjusted based upon manual scoring and I had a new one for the next race. Props to CCS for that.

Westhold already has a section of their site to upload results too, something I think everyone would be happy about. Am I missing something here?

Eric Kelcher

I only know part of the issue regarding Russell and the lap time website he was keeping and as a sub for ASRA I am not privy to current info nor cannot I express opinions beliefs of ASRA.

There are many times that riders with certain talents; artist/graphic, computer programming, storage space whatever; have made offers to ASRA to try to help improve things not only for ASRA but most often with some sort of incentive for them selves. Most often this comes in the form of we will design, supply, store, do something for ASRA and they get to sell advertise market that product receiving part/all of the proceeds. Ie design tshirt promoting ASRA event/series and split profits, have website that provides info for ASRA riders and sell advertising on website, develop scoring program and receive free entries, store equipment etc.
Almost without exception at some point the one giving the "gift" has stopped racing and/or doesn't have time to continue gift for income derived. At that point they believe that service they provided is invaluable to ASRA and ASRA should fund it. Would you continue to return calls for a product you are not interested in purchasing after a deal was made that did not involve your outlay of money for a product you didn't want to buy to begin with? Maybe product was outdated, maybe you had already bought/ordered a replacement?

As to online entry again it was a "gift" that overwhelmed system and there were entries lost due to it creating a nightmare in 2006. I know it is 5 years down the road and I know there are things in the works to speed entry, not only pre entry but post entry, at track processing, result posting, and contingency reporting.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Boober

I'm not buying. How come you guys have time to post excuses in the off season? I would have thought all that paperwork would keep you away?!

Eric Kelcher

Boober are referring to me?

I work part time as a subcontractor for ASRA processing contingency now, while I previously was full time employeed at ASRA before my divorce. Now I am remodeling commercial properties and this time of year is real slow and I happen to be home sick today so I read thru the board today and lent what info I do have to couple of topics. Guess I'll go back to watching TV.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

steve p

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 06, 2011, 03:04:49 AM
Do you need some happy pills Steve? 

You know that entries for this level of racing have been hit real hard the last couple of years - even at Blackhawk which used to be one of the best attended tracks around.  This isn't the fault of CCS or the way they run things.  Everybody is hurting.  People who used to have the money for an expensive hobby don't have it like they did a few years ago.

Kevin has had plans to upgrade the registration system in the works for at least a couple of years as well as updating the transponders.   If the revenue isn't there to fund these improvements it won't happen.  When he can't make money at a track like Blackhawk we need to find ways to make it better, not take pot shots at the owner.  Yeah, I know, returning telephone calls doesn't cost a lot of money.
I don't have an answer for you there.

You're entitled to your opinions.  But do you really think that a guy whose whole life is invested in this business (and is his sole source of income) is going to intentionally do the things you're accusing him of?  I'm sure he'd like to make the changes that everyone else would like to see....  the money to do that has to come from somewhere and right now it's not coming from entry fees and race licenses like it used to.

Rick

Rick, I understand all of this.  The point being that you have to continually evolve and change as a business to keep up with the times.  I've had to do it in my business or I would be in dire straits.  CCS Midwest is in a time warp and is no different than it was in 1990 when I started.  There have been many suggestions made how to improve and change, only to fall on def ears.  Some good, some not so good.

CCS, from what I'm told, is doing great in other regions, so why change anything is the philosophy I guess.  MELK-MAN lives and rides in one of these regions so its all peaches and cream for him.  After spending last year in the Midwest paddock you would be hard pressed to find many supporters of the CCS program.  Registration is only one small area of the larger problem of which we don't need to really address here as it has all been brought up numerous times in other threads.

I get upset because the talent pool in the Mid-West is pretty deep with a lot of talented people.  Some are not returning this year because it's just not worth it.  I myself am choosing to do something different and won't be back as well.  Some of the stuff I witnessed throughout this year was just beyond embarrassing, conflicting, and unprofessional.

Not taking pot shots, I would love to see some major changes and the grids get back to a normal size.  I just don't think its going to happen going down the current path, regardless of economy.

I will pay my gate fee for the weekend to come watch my friends race though.

Good luck to all.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille