News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ultra LW thunderbike / Ninja 250 class Mid West region?

Started by vanillagorrilla, November 12, 2011, 10:47:58 AM

Jiggyfly

I don't disagree, at all......but let's get the class rolling before we start worrying about weight classes.
Get 25 bikes out there, & again; CCS will have to start listening......

CHIRINOM

I see your point Mark. I agree with Jiggy though. Lets get the wheels turning.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

truckstop

I think ULWTB was only run at the last MW CCS round, which was a twin sprint weekend.

If it was fun to race in, it was super fun to watch. :) I was in the 125GP race, and wasn't sure what was up with the bike that I passed at the start - didn't realize that the little two strokes had that much over the little ninjas. I'm glad he got into the ULWTB class.

As for weight limits - yeah, work on getting the class filled, then break it up. Until then, suck it up. I lost to an 11 year old USGPRU kid, less than a third my age and close to half my weight in the Amateur LWGP class at the RRGC. (He actually lapped me, and is capable of running with the lead experts) That turned into really great incentive to get my weight down to less than the bike for next season. LOL

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

CHIRINOM

Sorry to hear about that Mark. I was looking forward to racing with ya.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

roadracer162

My point was this. In earlier posts there were some speaking of limitations to what could be done to the bike, and I don't discount the thinking. But doesn't that same thinking apply to the weight factor?

I support the thought, "lets get the class running and worry about the details later". I seriously doubt that a set of cams is an advantage for a 200 pounder.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

twilkinson3

Kevin VanEngen vs Ed Key.....and Kevin was giving Ed Hp in the exchange and still managed to finish in front of him (finally) this year, weight has it's advantages and disadvantages, and yes the smaller the displacement the larger the discrepancy between a 125lb fly-weight and a 200lb heavyweight, I'd personally like to see this calls run in the MW as a supersport "spec" like class to prevent the next arms race and allow someone a good way to get into racing...that and it sounds like an insane amount of fun.  I could see breaking the class into 2 weight categories at some point as well but you would really need the grid sizes to support that, as 10 bikes isn't going to make much sense that way...25 on the other hand...maybe

Jiggyfly

Cams won't do shit for a 250#er, but where does it start/end????

I can see, "cams didn't make a difference, so I'll get flat slides, flat slides gets me close so slicks"......
I'm just saying. Vanilla Gorilla is 250#!!!! Trust me, get a bike, come out & race, you'll have fun!!!! SOMEONE will be there to chase, & to push you! For the win????? Probly not.....but if the numbers are there, maybe it's divisible?!

vanillagorrilla

Racingxtc7

In the midwest there has always been a hand full of 250GP bikes at every event and CCS has never had a 250GP class.

I brought this up to CCS for years and years and years.

There are a hand full of classes with less attendance.

Good old CCS.  :wtf: :kicknuts: :kicknuts: :spank: :thumb: :blahblah: :banghead: :ass: :ahhh: