News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ultra LW thunderbike / Ninja 250 class Mid West region?

Started by vanillagorrilla, November 12, 2011, 10:47:58 AM

vanillagorrilla

Is this class going to be a reality?  There have been some heavy rumors floating.  I keep hearing that if there are 5 racers the 250's would get their own class.  I personally know of 6 people including myself that have recently bought  Ninjettes with the sole desire being to race them with CCS.  That's just the guys I know personally, so there are bound to be more out there. 

We're coming from a small local org and some of us are WERA people too, but we'd like to give CCS a go.  The CCS MW schedule is much better for us than WERA's NC schedule.
Anyone else interested in joining this party?  Can we expect this class to make it's way into the rulebook?  If so, can we expect some sort of parity with the other org's rules for the Ninja 250?

CHIRINOM

Hi There,

The class is in the rule book at the end under Amendments (Ultra LW thunderbike). CCS first implemented the class for 2011 in New Jersey. I would suggest calling the Texas office and speaking to  some one on Kevin Elliot's staff to see whom runs the races for your region. You can find their contact information on the CCS racing main page.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

vanillagorrilla

That's good news.  I actually talked to a buddy of mine who raced his in a MW region this year - when he showed up and had entered 125gp or something else where it was a total knife in a gunfight, the person at registration said "well why don't you race it in the class that it's meant for?"
We had no idea the class even existed, and had totally forgotten about this story until I was talking to him today.  So, looks like the possibilty is good. 

twilkinson3

I'd be interested in a Ninja 250 class in the midwest....thing is if you started advertising it now I might have a bike assembled and ready by mid summer the way things seem to go.  Can't see building it now for a class that might or might not exist in the Midwest

vanillagorrilla

According to my buddy who raced that last 2 MW region races, the class is there and they are allowing guys to enter it.  I guess they just didn't at the beginning of the year because there were no entries. 

I have no idea if this will be the case next year, but I sure hope so.  Build one! 

yeroc40

My build is in process right now.

Specific class or not 5ish guys on the grid with similar machines is fun regardless.  Race within a race.

bruce71198

terry
   If you build it they will come. There will be a grid from what I know. I'm looking for a second 250 right now so I'll be out there.

Bruce

twilkinson3

Ah cool - I was going off the post race sheets - but I did miss half the season with the busted hand so maybe didn't see them later in the year - time to start keeping the eyes open for one then lol...now where can I hide it from the Girlfriend when I find one.....

bruce71198

When I met my wife I only had one motorcycle. I now have about 13 at last count, I may have left one out. If she finds one and says "who's bike is that" I just act dumb (I'm good at that) and tell her "I dunno". Actually I think she just plays along with me because she knows the 2 things that keep me happy, 1 is motorcycles !

vanillagorrilla

Quote from: twilkinson3 on November 16, 2011, 02:28:27 PM
now where can I hide it from the Girlfriend when I find one.....

Girlfriend?  You don't need to hide it.  What's she gonna do, leave and not take half your shit?   :biggrin:

bruce71198

What I think he meant is that he doesn't currently have a girlfriend....

twilkinson3

Rofl - no but I think I'd have Alexa to deal with if I ever really pissed off Stacy (the GF) - besides as she does track days...gives me almost zero grief about racing/riding..etc etc....she's worth keeping around and not totally annoyed with the fact she can't even walk in the garage(s) let alone get her car in there in winter.....

Oh and Bruce I currently have 5 bikes (with enough parts for a 6th....) so I'm still behind you 8-)p

Besides that was mostly tongue in cheek - Stac also knows where the happy is in my life - she's one of 2 as well, and since having me around with a broken paw and no riding time...well lets just say she told me if I ever break a hand again and can't ride for a summer she might just vacate the premisis (spelling?) as I'm apparently intolerable lol