News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Summit Point this last weekend

Started by DanO966, May 31, 2011, 11:47:41 AM

DanO966

Hey it was great to actually see people out racing this weekend.  The grids were pretty full (compared to recent midwest rounds)...Good stuff.  Thanks to everyone who made it out to Summit and thanks to Scotty, Megan, and Mark for having Michelle and I come with (and Bella)!  Great times!  I hope people keep coming out to road race...bring all your friends!  We need to keep the grids full!! 
:thumb: :thumb:

-DO

DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

TStinson

Great weekend at Summit! Hot as hell, but the racing was fantastic.  CCS put on a great event, and got all of those races in by 5 even with the medivac delay!  Big thumbs up to the MARRC crew also.   Hope all is well with the rider that left in the bird.  Hate to see those flying in at the races.
Todd Stinson

eh427

Ya. It was a great weekend and an awesome turnout. I had a blast. Haven't seen it like that in years. Hope that is a sign of things to come. CCS and its staff did an awesome job this weekend! The guy who took the helicopter ride was ok from what i was told.
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

clarustnb

Yea - Helicopter was Tyler [102] on his second race weekend.  He was back at the track by 4:30 to pick up his truck and bike and be driven home by his girlfriend.  He was pretty darn loopy, but the docs said it was nothing a bit of rest wouldn't cure.
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

SoudersD

Quote from: TStinson on May 31, 2011, 12:51:18 PM
Great weekend at Summit! Hot as hell, but the racing was fantastic.  CCS put on a great event, and got all of those races in by 5 even with the medivac delay!  Big thumbs up to the MARRC crew also.   Hope all is well with the rider that left in the bird.  Hate to see those flying in at the races.

Good racing with you, Todd, even if we didn't get to battle at all. I hear you were close in ULSB and LWGP. Grats on the win in LWSB.
Dave Souders
CCS AM #412 / TPM Blue
'06 SV650

TStinson

Quote from: SoudersD on May 31, 2011, 02:13:11 PM
Good racing with you, Todd, even if we didn't get to battle at all. I hear you were close in ULSB and LWGP. Grats on the win in LWSB.

Thanks Dave,

Had a blast on my first weekend on a SV.  Felt right at home with the lightweight crew, even though I am definitely not a lightweight myself!  Going under the bridge still at full throttle was a new experience for sure. 
Todd Stinson

DanO966

Quote from: clarustnb on May 31, 2011, 01:48:22 PM
Yea - Helicopter was Tyler [102] on his second race weekend.  He was back at the track by 4:30 to pick up his truck and bike and be driven home by his girlfriend.  He was pretty darn loopy, but the docs said it was nothing a bit of rest wouldn't cure.
good news...I hate to see the medivac. 
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

bodie1331

Very glad to hear the rider was okay also. -- Happy to have participated in my first weekend and that there was plenty of others to grid with. Had an absolute blast despite HORRIBLE heat! lol - I am hooked for good. Great job to all that were involved, both crews and pilots.
CCS MA AM 813 / Spiegler,Woodcraft, ASV Inventions, Bridgestone, Pit Bull, Track Tactics Trackdays

Peter998

It was a great weekend, lots of competition. I am glad to hear that, Tyler 102, the injured rider is OK!

Two weeks ago at NJMP was a good turnout as well, not as good as this one, but still good. Lets hope it is sign of what is to come.

CCS put on a good show this weekend, Thank you to all.

Peter Meringolo 2010 Expert/ASRA # 998
ECS Racing

drew231506

Had a blast!  I didnt mind the heat, better than rain at NJ.  It was cool to see the big grids, some pretty quick dudes in attendance!  I learned a ton out there, I think it was the most fun I've had on the track racing yet.

I'm interested in seeing what the WERA grids will look like this weekend at Summit. 
CCS Expert# 13

ronaldo9

Great job Drew I only saw you on Sunday racing and you looked fantastic and YOU GOT FASTER ON MONDAY. See you at the next round!
CCS #119 AM

SVbadguy

I was cornerworking instead of racing this weekend.  I was driving the crash truck on Sunday and picked up a lot of bikes.  I worked T10 on Monday and got some pics of the crash.  Peter Migala got some pictures from the pit tower.